Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had enough of this!

1638801431710.png

Hard to know what today and tomorrow bring. The multiple FUD hit pieces hitting the wire this morning tell me wall st will go all out today on pummeling the stock. Haven’t seen this level of coordinated hit pieces and naked shorting since Q1 of this year so I think the goal is to break the 50-day moving average in a convincing way…..so further downside

On the other hand, we have big data coming out this week from China and gigafactory news.
I thought I was doing nothing this morning then got a trade execution text. Apparently I just bought a Jan 2024 $1400/1200 call spread that I forgot was ordered weeks ago. Sweet.

Still planning to sit back. Can always pounce later this week if it keeps going.

The decline of the fossil fuel economy poses a significant threat to global financial stability. The report warns investors there is far more risk in the fossil fuel system than is conventionally priced into financial markets. Investors need to increase discount rates, reduce expected prices, curtail terminal values and account for the clean-up costs.

Decline and Fall: The Size & Vulnerability of the Fossil Fuel System - Carbon Tracker Initiative
Some gems from the report.

The three main assets are the 900bn tonnes of coal, oil and gas, valued by the World Bank at $39tn; supply infrastructure of $10tn and demand infrastructure (electricity, transport and heavy industry) of $22tn; and financial markets with $18tn of equity (a quarter of the total), $8tn of traded bonds (half the total) and up to four times as much Equity debt.

The key flows of the system are $1-3tn a year in economic rent to the petrostates from the fossil fuels; capital expenditure of $1tn on supply infrastructure and $3-4tn on demand infrastructure; and profits of $1-2tn.

Many petrostates have built their economic systems on the expectation of continued high flows of economic rents. In a world of declining demand, the flow of profits from fossil fuels will fall at the same time as the risks will rise. The size of the gap in expected fossil fuel wealth between the desires of the petrostates and the aspirations of the Paris Agreement is in the order of $100tn. The gap is a threat to the stability of some petrostates.

The decline of the fossil fuel system is a significant threat to financial stability. $32tn in fixed assets, a quarter of the global equity market and half of the global corporate bond markets are in sectors linked to the fossil fuel system, and the banking sector is exposed to the very large amounts of unlisted debt. Now is the time to put in place an orderly wind-down of assets rather than trying to rebuild the unsustainable.

Warren Redlichs 200 trillion Price target doesn’t seem stupid after all.😂
If you are interested in this sort of discussion, please join us at Shorting Oil, Hedging Tesla

If the stock actually recovers to above it's 50-day(I think it's 989 today) then that first 15 mins of trading was criminal. You couldn't even get in your trade in time in between the sell off to 7% to now back above 985. Two separate hit pieces with a huge bear raid/short attack at open........and the SEC won't do anything because they're compliant in it. Anyone can make a whistleblower complaint an they're all too eager to listen to anything Tesla related.