Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weekend laugh time.

"GM CEO shares bold response to Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s EV credit stance | TESLARATI" GM CEO shares bold response to Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s EV credit stance | TESLARATI

the reality;
thread starts here:
def worth the click to read, how cramer omits facts (like the cartoon i’ve always called him) and how mary is dumping like an italian soccer player (i have italian heritage so spare me the backlash) while elon is “doubling down”, so to speak.

cnbc has been running that nonsense for weeks in every single show throughout the day. we tend to celebrate them when they are on our side. shame on us. they are always the shills. don’t forget it. nobody gets a pass. this remains a war. we’re nowhere near the end. i periodically remind everyone where we are on the adoption curve. the reason i’m a broken record about it is because the behavior follows the curve. we are in for larger storms as we extend up the curve.

sure they get weaker as tesla gets stronger. but don’t let your guard down. and don’t let those around you fall for the “My name is mary, i’m an engineer, and i do what i say, we are leading the way” crock of - - - -. nor the NHTSA safety farse. etc etc. remain vigilant. this too shall pass

Last edited:
only the 9, (i’m on my ipad don’t have spreadsheet there)
that is an amazingly sneaky idea also, a $8 billion endowment to start “TITS UP”. (rofl)😎❤️💎👐
plus the charitable tax deductions….
WOT,
And those donated shares will only be sold as "TIT&S" needs the cash.
Many benefits to this including keeping those donated shares out of the day to day float and also
the inevitable greater future value of those shares to the endowed entity.
Wow, then TIT&S will become even more "Well-Endowed" as time passes.
(Sorry)
My guess is that the newly established Musk Foudation will do more than endow a University but will serve as the philanthhropic arm of the Musk Family.

Indeed. With heavy rain (6 mm/hour) falling on 1M x 2M windshields , evaporating 12 liters would require over 8 KWH. Evaporating rain in real-time would be far less efficient, draining the batteries in under an hour if not minutes. The bright side is the savings from not needing heaters, as the windshield radiates 100C+.

The car and its occupants would literally be smoking hot.
Duuh.

No one has figured this out yet?

You know those lasers on the new generation of Starlink satellites?

You know how satellites can track very small objects on earth?

You know how satellites are used to track weather?

You know how there are alway at least one starlink satellite above any driveable part of earth.

I can't be the only one that can make this connection.

There is no need for any vipers. It will be taken care of from above.

People love to use absolutes. So I'll say no EV is absolutely worthless.

1639279843643.png

So far for me in Az, it will do a left turn on a yellow arrow now (it just sat there before). I think those are the easy fixes though and have pretty consistent rules and lots of examples. However, there are tar lines down a road lane nearby that also has a centerlane. Depending upon the reflection (time of day), it thinks these are lines and shows them on screen while moving over abruptly. Although those tar lines are black, the sun is likely reflecting some of the frequency of light that the system is tracking. This doesn't seem like a safety issue, only an embarrassment. So again, I try to do stuff when others aren't around until it does well.
Old known issue I thought had been resolved as I haven’t experienced it in years. I’ve posted about it before.

• Informative
Reactions: SOULPEDL
Old known issue I thought had been resolved as I haven’t experienced it in years. I’ve posted about it before.
I see that. This never went away for me. It improved on other roads but not this edge case. Very wide road, enough for 2 lanes, the tar line is right down the center and for a few hundred feet. In the right light, it could look like a solid line. It doesn't happen every time, reflection matters.

I took a long drive just now. The steering feels smoother in turns except the occasional right turn will correct away from the curve slightly. It's incredibly close but never hits it. There are times when you really feel the robotic precision steering and amazing.

Construction zones were no sweat and it was forced into the left lane very gradually and well ahead of time. It still has a habit of switching lanes and NEVER crossing a solid line - I think it needs to chill a bit there. Also, there was a left turn lane where the area to my right was a painted island (image) and it handled that much better this time - more decisive.

I had one disengagement as it cut the corner turning left at a 4 way stop, but then realized there was a car coming the other way (1/2 way through the turn) and over corrected toward the right curb. It might have been fine, low speed. But again, the other car stopped and probably was a bit startled by the quirky steering. No danger, just a little embarrassing. Maybe I'll yell out "Sorry, I spilled my coffee" next time. Part of the job I think. Not to hide problems, but to avoid being in anyone's way... without avoiding traffic. It's tricky but I don't think it will last too long. The release notes look the same as before.

Attachments

• E2684891-FBA8-4C42-BD3E-01260E24B560.jpeg
    E2684891-FBA8-4C42-BD3E-01260E24B560.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
Semi on topic - I increased my buying power for options and borrowing cash in my margin account by nearly 150% by converting from normal margin to portfolio margin. Even if someone does not use more margin, the advantage is margin calls should be far less likely. I didn't even realize there was such a thing until recently.
What’s the downside of portfolio margin vs. regular margin?

the reality;
thread starts here:
def worth the click to read, how cramer omits facts (like the cartoon i’ve always called him) and how mary is dumping like an italian soccer player (i have italian heritage so spare me the backlash) while elon is “doubling down”, so to speak.

cnbc has been running that nonsense for weeks in every single show throughout the day. we tend to celebrate them when they are on our side. shame on us. they are always the shills. don’t forget it. nobody gets a pass. this remains a war. we’re nowhere near the end. i periodically remind everyone where we are on the adoption curve. the reason i’m a broken record about it is because the behavior follows the curve. we are in for larger storms as we extend up the curve.

sure they get weaker as tesla gets stronger. but don’t let your guard down. and don’t let those around you fall for the “My name is mary, i’m an engineer, and i do what i say, we are leading the way” crock of - - - -. nor the NHTSA safety farse. etc etc. remain vigilant. this too shall pass
Cramer is a dumpster fire and has been for years. If his advice makes sense it‘s coincidence.

I don’t think he’s a paid shill, he’s far to inconsistent for that. He just says whatever he thinks will get viewers.

I thought the lasers would just be for clearing bug splatter and such. Seems like the energy requirements to vaporize a heavy rainfall would be quite high. Maybe you're kidding?
Where is the 🤷‍♂️ reaction button when you need it.

Indeed. With heavy rain (6 mm/hour) falling on 1M x 2M windshields , evaporating 12 liters would require over 8 KWH. Evaporating rain in real-time would be far less efficient, draining the batteries in under an hour if not minutes. The bright side is the savings from not needing heaters, as the windshield radiates 100C+.

The car and its occupants would literally be smoking hot.
You missed a golden opportunity to say that the car and it's occupants would literally become smoky peat.

I see that. This never went away for me. It improved on other roads but not this edge case. Very wide road, enough for 2 lanes, the tar line is right down the center and for a few hundred feet. In the right light, it could look like a solid line. It doesn't happen every time, reflection matters.
My S was delivered 12/2016 and sadly needs the cameras upgraded before I’ll be eligible for FSD beta. Sucks having to wait, now a few days away from owning the car for 5 years and requesting the beta, but soon.

The advances AutoPilot 2 has made in the almost 5 years since being turned on is remarkable, especially when compared to early 2017. It was scary bad back then. The improvements Tesla has made to it is one of the main reason I’m almost all in on TSLA.

Maybe he got busy with something else :rolleyes:
I get the feeling Sawyer's been privately hired by Tesla for controlling the release of info, and pre-approved by the board. The Wolf Blitzer of Tesla. 😁

You either have a short memory, or you're ignoring all the false "breaking" reports Sawyer's made.

For example, just in the past 3 months, he reported (from a single source in Germany) that Cybertruck would start production first at Austin, BEFORE the Model Y.

Tesla had to go out of their way to fix that during the Q3 Earnings Call, reaffirming that NO, Model Y was the prioirity, and Cybertruck would enter mass production in 2023.

Sawyer is a self-aggrandizing attention hound. No need to assume any other motivation. And he CERTAINLY DOES NOT work for Tesla (the effect of his tweets often works against TSLA).

While that is true, smaller gives the potential for some cost savings.

Thinner means less frontal area, less drag, meaning a smaller battery pack is possible,

Shorter combined with thinner means less raw materials, less weight, and the potential for a smaller battery pack.

Smaller means wiring harness runs are shorter, with less copper and again less weight.

Smaller and lighter means smaller motors, combine this with smaller wheels, again less weight.

To be cheap it would need an LFP battery, and perhaps some other design compromises, and material choices.

It is certainly possible to make a great performing small car, and that isn't necessarily going to be cheap, II agree that small car can be expensive, especially if stellar performance and long range are the design objectives.

A small car designed to fit a budget might not have stellar performance and long range, it is likely that there are compromises in these areas.

My attitude to the $25K car is simple - whatever it takes - price is important here, more important than any other consideration, except perhaps for a floor in terms of quality, performance and range that Tesla will not go below.

To build a $25K car, it has to be designed for that price point, the mission has to be pursued, with vigour and no stone left unturned, failure isn't an option.
The mission dictates that in this case Tesla hits the price point, and still makes a reasonable margin on each car.

it is important not to rush it, do it once, and do it right.
More points to consider, Tesla doesn’t make slow cars, also Tesla doesn’t make unsafe cars.

Yes smaller cars has smaller frontal area and would weigh less, so needs smaller battery.

But remember maneuverability is also a safety feature, most smaller cars are cheaper because they sacrifice a lot of that.

A decent sized sedan/hatch/wagon that share 80% components with the world’s best selling vehicle(Model Y) will give you the economy of scale you might not be able to beat by just going small/cheap.

More points to consider, Tesla doesn’t make slow cars, also Tesla doesn’t make unsafe cars.

Yes smaller cars has smaller frontal area and would weigh less, so needs smaller battery.

But remember maneuverability is also a safety feature, most smaller cars are cheaper because they sacrifice a lot of that.

A decent sized sedan/hatch/wagon that share 80% components with the world’s best selling vehicle(Model Y) will give you the economy of scale you might not be able to beat by just going small/cheap.
I kind of wonder if Tesla is done with cars that conform to norms. They made the Cybertruck affordable by going way out of the box. Their more affordable car might follow that path. Not necessarily folded stainless, but something built from the ground up to be affordable.

Lots of aspects of Model 3 and Model y are there to conform with traditional design. It might be more affordable to ditch that and just start fresh.

Reactions: sparkz and printf42
Thinner means less frontal area, less drag, meaning a smaller battery pack is possible,

Shorter combined with thinner means less raw materials, less weight, and the potential for a smaller battery pack.

To be cheap it would need an LFP battery, and perhaps some other design compromises, and material choices.

A small car designed to fit a budget might not have stellar performance and long range, it is likely that there are compromises in these areas.

it is important not to rush it, do it once, and do it right.
To get to a cheap car you can sacrifice top speed, trim, acceleration, some cargo space. The one thing that you can’t sacrifice (unless specifically a city car) is range. We can already buy cheap EVs here (such as the Zoe or Dacia Spring). What we can’t buy is such a car with range. In Europe people have something called holidays. Lots of them, like 20-35 per year. (I know of a European who got blocked by an American because he didn’t believe her when she told how him how many days off she had). We go places. People drive from Belgium to Spain or Italy to go on holiday. Affordable PLUS range, is what is needed (With a size that fits on the eternally shrinking European parking lots).

Giga Berlin to rescue? ;)

"Germany's new government led by Olaf Scholz, which took office on Wednesday, wants to speed up this pivot with the aim of having 15 million electric vehicles on its roads by 2030 from just over 500,000 today."