Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why I prefer using the light tap method on the brakes to disengage before correcting as steering while braking sets up for very uneven tire traction and a + feedback loop to increase steering more.
Or disengage using stalk, which is my preference. Quick and clean without invoking any braking.

Is this relevant to an investment thread? Perhaps. We need to learn the best techniques to use the beta safely, to counter FUD.

Walter Isaacson's article on Musk
Clicked to see if there were more pages to read - there weren't. Accidently read some of the comments to that tweet. I don't get the hate for Elon, but it is in full display there in the comments. A good reminder as to why I stay away from social media. Time to go wash my eyes...

Or disengage using stalk, which is my preference. Quick and clean without invoking any braking.

Is this relevant to an investment thread? Perhaps. We need to learn the best techniques to use the beta safely, to counter FUD.
Ya, I'm game to tone it down, maybe share cool new stuff (which I thought I was doing at first, then was proven wrong later same day and needed to set the story straight). Classic jumping to conclusions here. Sorry folks.

On Monday last week the TSLA low was $950.50. Today it was $951.42. These are both near a fairly horizontal line of bottoms after the fall from the Hertz related runup. The line of tops from that high is slanted downward forming a pennant pattern, which normally concludes with a return to the uptrend. Those tops may be caps by market makers and hedge funds as Elon continues divesting shares. The bottoms may be due to those same entities realizing that once Elon finishes selling, the shares could zoom upward.

Ok so if Elon is keeping on average for his daily share movement, how many more trading days until he would be at the 10%
Thanks in advance
Elon is selling ~930k shares a tranche and a tranche a week. By most estimates, he had 5 tranches more to go.

This week's gonna be crazy because it's the last full week before the holidays and potentially the only one with any liquidity. It is possible two tranches are sold, but by my estimates, S&P funds have to pick up 1.5 million shares this Friday on rebalancing.

So brace for a volatile week.

Last edited:
Elon is selling ~930k shares a tranche and a tranche a week. By most estimates, he had 5 tranches more to go.

This week's gonna be crazy because it's the last full week before the holidays and potentially the only one with any liquidity. It is possible two tranches are sold, but by my estimates, S&P funds have to pick up 1.5 million shares this Friday on rebalancing.

So brace for a volatile week.

Policies for rebalancing vary according to each fund's bylaws. Most funds allow managers to buy or sell in a 5-day window before or after the rebalance date.

Obviously, we're already in that window starting today, and it will extend until Thu, Dec 23.

Get your belts ready!

Ironically, I don't think anyone ever mentioned Tesla even though every opportunity to branch topic was provided, a few times. However, the parallels were pretty clear. To recap 2 hrs of some interesting history and examples, Basically, Engineers are the heros, and innovation (and the speed of innovation) wins the war. Draw your own conclusions.