Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Due to the high demand for the electric pickup truck, Ford says they will send invitations to order at staggered times.

Ford goes on to say that as a result, you may not be able to secure a 2022 F-150 Lightning.

Ford has previously announced plans to only make 15,000 units of the 2022 model, and with around 200,000 reservations, some customers could be in for a very long wait.

Ford doesn't have the batteries to put where their mouth is. (lol, tweet slams, are not a 'product') :p

Cheers!

Can everyone please stop jinxing this? Everything is the worst and we’re doomed.
If we go back below $1k, I say, let's pack it in, it was a good ride, but competition is coming and Tesla was just a fad.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

/s

19338930022_79c85d7c13_c.jpg

Seems like we have a battle here between those that don't want that 1,000 Call Wall breached and those buying in now that signal has been raised that we bottomed. Will be interesting to see who wins out here
For the sake of fairness and sportsmanship I'll go ahead and call shenanigan's on today's action as well. I know it's going up so we don't mind, but it's still ridiculous these clowns are given ANY market making privileges. Let alone Madoff privileges to print unlimited fake shares and not really report them.

My assumption is things have simply reversed? Today is hedge funds(who can also be market makers) pushing SP up in an effort to execute $1k calls, and market makers(who can also have hedge funds) trying to push it down so they don't have to pay out.

Makes total sense we should have $110B swings in a $1T company within 24hr so these clowns can go tot he Hamptons all summer. Maybe when Elon retires he can run the SEC virtually from Mars?

Whatever will be the reason for the next TSLA drop, we won't see it coming until it's there. But odds are that we will see more dips. And more rallies of course.

So, from a technical perspective, are you saying the chances are low that the TSLA chart will form a multi-year technical formation known as an "inclined plane"? 🤨

That's brutal the way you smashed my hopes and dreams with only three sentences. This stock is crap, totally lacking in consistency that one can rely on! On the brighter side, this rally into the four digits has fortified my hope that the recent calamity is over. That was highly disconcerting with no certainty the company wasn't going to spiral into bankruptcy. The last two weeks have been absolutely brutal. This morning gave me enough hope for the future I allowed myself to buy a little butter to make the rice more palatable again. I thought it would never end. Let's pray that never happens again!

/s

I use Fidelity and I've noticed continuing issues with their "quotes" on the value of my options.
I don't know what Fidelity does, but it is fairly common for brokers to show the "market value" of an option as given by the last trade price. Many (most actually) options contracts are thinly traded and the last sale can easily be outside the current bid/ask range. So unless the bid/ask quotes appear to be wrong this may not be a real "issue".

And it shows the standard sale of 934,091 shares. All the way to $939.04.

@MTL_HABS1909 that means Elon sold pretty much all day yesterday during the climb.
i'm showing roughly $853,740,460 realized for that 934,091 shares for average sale of $913.98 with min of $886.69 and max $939.04 from S4 forms yesterday

Eh, Ford has to start somewhere, at least they seem to be giving it a decent effort. Hopefully Tesla can get the Cybertruck into production next year and sell more than 15,000 CT's. It would be a shame if Ford sold more electric trucks than Tesla in 2022.
Sorry for but all the hype that Ford has been pushing and all the fake promises that have been made......15,000 is a joke. I don't think 15,000 is a decent effort. A decent effort would have been to secure battery supply 2 years ago for at least 25,000-50,000 for the first year.

They simply desperately wanted some of Tesla's valuation after TSLA's epic 2020 year, with no planning on their part, made a lot of hype and noise in "beating" Tesla to the punch in who delivers their truck first, and then silently slip in that production volumes (like we all here knew) are going to be pathetic. They likely won't even hit that 15,000 number.

Yes but why an investigation? Doesn't this law/regulation already exist? If so then it's either permissible or not. If the regulation doesn't exist, then WTF do they spend their time on? Screens in cars have been a thing for 20 years or so.
I'm surprised the NHTSA is worried about this.

Ford offers a locking gun safe in the center console of their trucks and SUV's and they do not prevent it from unlocking when the car is travelling at 85 mph! That means there is no safety mechanism to prevent a loaded gun from being accessed while driving. This is dangerous behavior even if all the driver is doing is reloading it while driving. Of course, it could get worse than that.

Apparently, Ford has a problem with only allowing the gun safe to be unlocked while in park! Where is the NHTSA when you need them? 🤪

Last edited:
If the goal is safety above all then forcing cell phone/tablet makers to disable all non-emergency features while driving is detected would be the only thing that makes sense. The number of people who text or watch video while driving is a factor of 10,000 x the number of people who might play sudoku or whatever that game is while on autopilot.

Of course we don't place safety above all because we try to punish offenders vs everyone. (in this case at least)
Forward Looking
Can't wait to see what NHTSA will do with NIO's AR/VR glasses. Others entering the market with technologies such as these will (hopefully) drive the transformation to next gen vehicles even faster. Better for Tesla and the larger goals. Looking forward to 2022.

@TheTalkingMule
perhaps as a hypothetical, Elon could delist from NASDAQ and start his own exchange, with each share verified, so no Virtual, counterfeit, phantom, what-have-you, shares that pop into and out of existence at the whim,
"he who sells what isn't his'n, gets shoved out the airlock, posthaste and forthwith" with T+3 "financial" air to find those shares

Problem with taking us to a new exchange is it kills 'liquidity' and that chases out many investors, both small retail and large Funds.

I think we're going to have to work the 'Calvinist' approach to this situation, and try to fix the system from inside.

SEC is already talking about incorporating some form of block-chain technology into the share distribution system, but forthcoming changes (if any) are years in the future.

I expect we'll be on Mars before the SEC reforms naked shorting. MMs and hedge funds hold too much influence, imo.

Cheers!

Sorry for but all the hype that Ford has been pushing and all the fake promises that have been made......15,000 is a joke. I don't think 15,000 is a decent effort.

I suspect that 15K E-150s is exactly the number that Ford calculated they would need to sell in 2022 to avoid needing any 3rd-party Carbon Offset credits.

Yes, I think Ford is that committed to fighting climate change, and preserving a livable world for future generations.

"At Ford, doing the legal minimum is Job #1"​

/S

Last edited: