Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I ask a question for any of you with Semi-truck manufacturing insight. It seems the Sparks site may now have a Semi manufacturing building per Tesla Semi electric truck is finally nearing production . That article suggests a rate of five per week by the end of the year (2021), so say 50 per quarter in early 2022. The job adverts seems to match that Tesla Semi job openings posted for Gigafactory Nevada as do the various client announcements such as the Pepsi one re taking first possession this year (2021). This also matches well with the MegaChargers going in at Sparks Two Tesla Semi Megachargers are now live at Giga Nevada: report . And of course the video of one outside this new facility

That building seems to have approximately 40-50 loading bays along one side. I estimate it is about 100m x 300m = 30,000m2, i.e. 322,000 sq ft.

**** ??? My question is what would the typical capacity of that building be in terms of building Semis per year (assuming battery supply is as assembled packs coming from elsewhere) ???? ****

To put things in context I am pencilling in 20,000 Semis/yr in 2022, and that needs to rise to about 700,000/yr by 2030 to make an impact on global HGV consumption.

As much as I hate to admit it, that strong guy that was here a month or two ago was right. We touched $900 a share. I wonder if he bought back in? For many of the rest of us, we never bothered leaving our chairs, so it didn't make much of a difference.
He was only right because Elon announced the 10% sale. OTOH, he was not the only one that thought the SP was frenzied and frothy.

If that makes him smart and a great trader, then OK. Does it make him lucky?

Did he buy back in the brief dip to the high 800s? Was he waiting for 850? Or even 880?

I am sure if he reappears it will be that he bought in the 800s for certain.

My only certainty is ’who cares?’ and best of luck to him.

He was only right because Elon announced the 10% sale. OTOH, he was not the only one that thought the SP was frenzied and frothy.

If that makes him smart and a great trader, then OK. Does it make him lucky?

Did he buy back in the brief dip to the high 800s? Was he waiting for 850? Or even 880?

I am sure if he reappears it will be that he bought in the 800s for certain.

My only certainty is ’who cares?’ and best of luck to him.
Over the years, the number of people who have posted bragged about "buying low and selling high" is large.

I agree....who cares.

Last edited:
My Ant brain... Make the seat controls part of a game.... I don't know how because last game I played on a home computer was Angry Birds. But some space or tank game where you have to turn on the vehicle, change out guns or maneuver the turret to shoot those German Eco-Zombies with the seat controls. The Players would have to use large muscle groups!

Reactions: Silent Ludicrosy
There is an analogy with the way we supply drinking (showering) water in The Netherlands in a lot of places.
To install pumps that are able to provide the water in peak hours in the morning and evening, huge pumps would be necessary to pump up the water needed from deep aquifers.
So, another solution has been made: large buffers of drinking water at surface-level that relatively 'trickle' fill up in the hours when little water is needed.
In the peak hours these buffers are emptied and will slowly fill up again.
A proven cost-effective solution.

So, Tesla could fill Megapacks in the night at relative low cost and discharge in the busy hours.
Tesla is the company that can do this perfectly with its autobidder software and will be able to calculate easily when this will be cost-effective.
Wait? Aren't those just water tanks...

Reactions: StapleGun
After a late season slump, the home team regained their footing and looking good heading into the final week of the season. Three consecutive blow out wins has turned the momentum in their favor.

Today
Score:1,067.00
Margin of W/L:58.13
Attendance:30,904,429
High - Low:75.42
Season
Record:135-112
Total margin of wins:2,618.64
Total margin of losses:-2,257.31
YTD gain/loss:361.3351.2%
Price/52 week high85.8%
Best Win:115.18Oct 25
Worst Loss:-139.44Nov 9
Last 10:6-4
Streak:W3
Avg margin of victory:19.40
Avg margin of defeat:-20.15
Avg Attendance:25,457,879
Avg Attendance of Last 10:26,631,389
Avg High - Low:34.35
Avg H - L of Last 10:55.64

You can customize/tweak the light show for your own amusement. I think this kind of fun and creativity builds customer loyalty and definitely makes Tesla stand apart from other auto manufacturers. While most cars have to be taken in for service for a simple software upgrade, Tesla is now letting you modify the software yourself.

$422,000,000 for a year?
So how many cars at what price?
The source information is slightly ambiguous. The contract may have more similarity with the one VAG did last year, which included movement from Europe and from China. The Tesla deal may well include some non-automotive products also. Thus far there has not been comprehensive reporting, just a few articles that make assumptions. For sure it includes shipments from Shanghai to Europe. What else? How defined? We do not know. We do know H. Glovis has been rapidly increasing their non-Hyundai Group business. That they have disclosed.

Easyly the worst UI update Tesla ever made. Not talking about aesthetic which are always debatable. But when 90% of functions i use daily are two or even three touches now instead of one, something went horrible wrong on the way….
As one who had driven Teslas exclusively since 2013…. I just don’t understand why they had to change everything. The interface was good and most importantly, familiar.

You can customize/tweak the light show for your own amusement. I think this kind of fun and creativity builds customer loyalty and definitely makes Tesla stand apart from other auto manufacturers. While most cars have to be taken in for service for a simple software upgrade, Tesla is now letting you modify the software yourself.

Can't wait to go to the next Bills game and have my Y play a light show to the Shout song.

As one who had driven Teslas exclusively since 2013…. I just don’t understand why they had to change everything. The interface was good and most importantly, familiar.

I think the intent behind this UI change is to make it more modular and easily customizable. Hopefully Tesla adds more customizing options to the UI layout allowing us to truly move whatever functions we want around in the near future. I don't think I'll mind the new UI though, most of what people are complaining about seem like things I never use while driving, I'd be parked to use them anyway.

Easyly the worst UI update Tesla ever made. Not talking about aesthetic which are always debatable. But when 90% of functions i use daily are two or even three touches now instead of one, something went horrible wrong on the way….

Perhaps you can you use voice controls for those functions and have 1 click again.