Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, paid cash for my 2018 M3P. I don’t even want to compute how many shares that would have bought back then 🥺.

But, that car was what got me into this forum and TSLA, so I guess it could be considered my greatest investment move ever! 😁
To be thankful for.

This, except I started with 2017 S75D, oldie but goodie. Remember fools buying gas in trash cans running stations dry? That was the end and the beginning.

Reactions: Prunesquallor
Thanks, I’m still not seeing it. I mean, I see my profile associated with my key, but the behavior is different between our vehicles. Checked wife’s app and car, too.

Maybe I’m being dense. Won’t post about it anymore here.
RTFM. :D It's literally available on the same screen. As much as I hated to I used it to set the profiles. It's just not intuitive.

Last edited:
For many years it has ordinarily been cheaper to ship Europe >> China than China >> Europe, whether by sea or rail.
Exactly.
Except that as @UkNorthampton pointed out your screenshots indicate Shanghai -> Rotterdam shipping cost of almost $9000 per container.

At 2 cars per 20 ft container - which what google says is typical - that would make cost of shipping 1 car over $4000 not $600. I've never shipped a car I am really confused where estimate of $600 per car comes from.

Are you serious? I've had a 99 for three weeks and I'm still waiting. Paid for FSD 2.5 years ago. 🤬🤬🤬

Check your software update preferences in the menu and make sure it's set to "Advanced" and that you park with good wi-fi and it's connected. I hope it's something simple like that!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all TSLA shareholders!

$TSLAQ, enjoy your lump of coal in 2022...;)

I paid all my cars cash in my life, even my Model 3. But I learned from that $56k 2019 Model 3 mistake that I could have invested in TSLA instead.
In January 2013 I paid cash for my Model S of $92k. At the time the stock price was about $35 a share. Had I financed the car at the time and bought stock instead, it would be 2,628 shares x 5 for the split x $1067= $14 million. Most expensive car I ever bought!

Got FSD Beta 10.8 finally. Seems it’s a fairly wide release (2021.44.25.6). Does this mean that Tesla can recognize a larger revenue in 2021?

In the last earnings call Zach made it pretty clear they don’t intend to recognize the majority of revenue until they consider the software good enough for wide release. I don’t think expanding the beta triggers further revenue recognition for them but I could be wrong.

For many years it has ordinarily been cheaper to ship Europe >> China than China >> Europe, whether by sea or rail. The reason is that the containers come to Europe full of Chinese goods, but since less goods flow back they are otherwise simply shipping empty containers back. That is why one can get better freight rates going to China than out of China. Ditto for US-China trade I believe. Similar things occur on other routes.
Yeah, I thought that. You had it reversed in quoted part. "Shanghai to Rotterdam is quoting $1376, and the reverse direction is $8962"

I think we’ve got another year before revenue recognition for FSD.

I think at least a year yet, but probably longer. There's going to be a long period of time where FSD is super close to being good enough but "not quite yet" as they solve all the extreme edge cases. Then suddenly one week a release will come which breaks into "OH MY GOD THEY DID IT" territory.

Then we will see just how explosive TSLA can truly be.

Yes, got FSD Beta, too, just returned from a test drive. Not in any way fully autonomous yet, but still amazing, makes me super excited to see the progress Tesla has made! I'm very surprised Tesla allows one to go so much over the speed limit in Beta, especially on city streets, I think they should keep it at +5mph over max like with normal AP, but whatever, that's Tesla's call. Also, things like not knowing the speed limit, or not knowing exactly where one is on a map of a well-established town like Sedona, AZ, is surprising, but whatever, that too will be overcome with time.

Anyway, I'm excited. People are usually impressed/intrigued by Teslas, but I feel the most common question the average person asks when they learn I have a Tesla is, "Does the car drive itself?" Now I can say it finally can, and will be able to demonstrate FSD capability.

No one really cares about test driving EVs/Teslas--yeah, the car moves down the road and is electric, it's smooth and fast, ok, whatever, in my experience most people don't care, they just want to get from A to B reliably. But people DO want to try out autonomous vehicles. They want to taste the future. FSD will blow minds, this is a watershed moment IMHO.