Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very curious to see how the SP breaks over the last hour of trading for 2021. Volume is extremely light, which clearly allows MMs to easily manipulate. However, I can't help but think the China news and upcoming P&D announcement over the weekend will have some smart money swoop in at the close. I know today is basically a holiday so folks aren't paying as close attention, but come on.

I'm very curious to see how the SP breaks over the last hour of trading for 2021. Volume is extremely light, which clearly allows MMs to easily manipulate. However, I can't help but think the China news and upcoming P&D announcement over the weekend will have some smart money swoop in at the close. I know today is basically a holiday so folks aren't paying as close attention, but come on.

I'm dabbling very lightly in some short term Calls but the thing holding me back from making a bigger move is the complete lack of volume today, even with multiple bits of very good news out there today.

Call me paranoid, but I do wonder if there's a piece of FUD waiting in the wings for this weekend or on Monday. It's not irrational paranoia either. We've seen it happen many times where a very clearly orchestrated bear attack happens that corresponds with a FUD hit piece.....which brings my thoughts back to the NHTSA saying a couple weeks ago that they were close finishing their investigation.

I would not be at all surprised if something comes out over the weekend 🤷‍♂️

I'm dabbling very lightly in some short term Calls but the thing holding me back from making a bigger move is the complete lack of volume today, even with multiple bits of very good news out there today.

Call me paranoid, but I do wonder if there's a piece of FUD waiting in the wings for this weekend or on Monday. It's not irrational paranoia either. We've seen it happen many times where a very clearly orchestrated bear attack happens that corresponds with a FUD hit piece.....which brings my thoughts back to the NHTSA saying a couple weeks ago that they were close finishing their investigation.

I would not be at all surprised if something comes out over the weekend 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, also the China number is not official but every estimate is based on it. If it’s off, everyone’s estimate is screwed

Oh that’s for sure. Different lines of work have different procedures, in part because of the differences in consequence. Glad you never make mistakes. The state medical board lists seem to indicate a lack of perfection, and even honesty, among your colleagues, though. Long lists, every month.
Take it to TM please and happy new year!

A quick question about the proposed EV tax incentives. If we're going to give people $7500 or more to buy an EV, why wouldn't they make it even better for the environment and treat it like a cash for clunkers type thing. You want the $7500 rebate, then you have to trade in a gas vehicle. It seemed like the program worked well as a trade in on fuel efficient gas cars. Why not do the same with EVs?

Thoughts? What am I not considering here?

I'm very curious to see how the SP breaks over the last hour of trading for 2021. Volume is extremely light, which clearly allows MMs to easily manipulate. However, I can't help but think the China news and upcoming P&D announcement over the weekend will have some smart money swoop in at the close.

I know you probably think that didn't age well but have you ever considered the possibility that you were 100% correct but that "smart money" only comprises but a tiny fraction of all the money out there these days? 🤪

/s

Welp with that last little dip there I picked up some more 1100/1150 Jan 7th Calls, as much as I'm willing to gamble with for fun.......bring on Monday!

I'm mentally preparing myself for some sort of FUD over the weekend or Monday morning because if not, I've never seen such a clear setup for a run. Just like @Singuy . Hard to imagine the setup would be this clear but we'll see 🤷‍♂️

Got to show a profit after retail squeezed them this year.

Sets up perfectly for a huge run up on Monday if I ever saw one.

My hunch is we don't see a run up next week even despite fantastic Q4 production numbers. I think this market is declining overall and TSLA will simply contract it's PE ratio rather than move the share price much, if at all. The MM's want to keep it down and I think they will.

A quick question about the proposed EV tax incentives. If we're going to give people $7500 or more to buy an EV, why wouldn't they make it even better for the environment and treat it like a cash for clunkers type thing. You want the $7500 rebate, then you have to trade in a gas vehicle. It seemed like the program worked well as a trade in on fuel efficient gas cars. Why not do the same with EVs?

Thoughts? What am I not considering here?

I guess the part you're not considering is how would a program structured like that help their political donors more than the current proposals? 🤫

Last edited:
This didn't age well. :confused: