Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
And now the estimated delivery jumped from “Jan 1-10” to “Mar 20-31” … sigh

I am starting to wonder if there is a major supply issue with Model S, and fear the delivery numbers for Q4 are going to be bad (for Model S at least). Anyone else with an S reservation seen the same jump in estimated delivery date?

I also have to say, Tesla’s communication around this is extremely poor. Got one call, one text, and one email saying to get ready for taking delivery, and then complete silence, despite multiple out reach from my part. Communication continues to be a weak spot in Tesla’s operation.
doing you a favor by not letting you pay cash for another Q

I am starting to wonder if there is a major supply issue with Model S, and fear the delivery numbers for Q4 are going to be bad (for Model S at least). Anyone else with an S reservation seen the same jump in estimated delivery date?
Counterpoint on the concern of supply issue and fear of Q4 - Can’t comment on S’s, but my LR Y date has moved from June‘22 to Mar 22 to now March 12 over the past 3 weeks. I am hoping this is because Y production has ramped up, but it could simply be rescheduling of 7 seater production and/or batch delivery schedule change to Toronto.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JustMe and UCF3

I also have to say, Tesla’s communication around this is extremely poor. Got one call, one text, and one email saying to get ready for taking delivery, and then complete silence, despite multiple out reach from my part. Communication continues to be a weak spot in Tesla’s operation.
Or, based on your location, they expected to have some end-of-quarter spillover but managed to sell them all and now you're at the end of the next wave.

Seems like a " your car can't be delivered this week but will happen this quarter" kind of jump. These delivery estimates are kind if random. My colleagues delivery date jump around from end of 2021 to 1q 2022 and then ended up getting it end of 2021.

Almost completely meaningless. Final assembly is NOT the bottleneck. It is parts supply (especially battery packs) which you will NEVER see in a Wu Wa video.
IIRC, batteries are the major structural limitation. Short term things such as airbags, various control modules and mundane pieces tend to be the bottlenecks. Thus, day to day, it's logistics. In every part and completed vehicles, logistics.

I have a reservation for a non-plaid S. Original delivery was April-May. It has now slipped to June. Have had several opportunities to take immediate delivery of a plaid, but I really don't want a plaid.

What I find fascinating is the trajectory of stock price and max pain, which were so far apart the previous Friday, to come together this past Friday so closely. It is almost like the option sellers had some control over the stock price /s
My computer literacy has improved by following this forum. Earlier this year someone posted a "correction" to someone's post by stating "FTFY" and adding a "/s" to the post. I had to google FTFY to figure out that meant "fixed that for you" and "/s" meant "sarcasm."

So thank you @Papafox for adding the "/s." We really needed that to know exactly where you stand on the issue of stock price manipulation. /s

Last edited: