Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your a bit new, so you get a pass. It is simple: If you need money, liquidate, if you don't, then what other investment do you want your money in for a predetermined time at a given price target.

Here's how I see it for me (not advice for anything I say): Trimming profits is normal, but you have to be ok with missing out on gains. We've all done that. With Tesla, it is a rollercoaster. TA (Technical Analysis) does NOT always work, but it looks like we are in a bull trend now with $1400 on the near horizon and Corey has been spot on lately. Pure engineering analysis and first principles DOES. At least for me and some other bloke who rhymes with Frelon.
Thanks. I am new to TSLA for sure. I’ve never owned a single stock that gained so much so quickly. When I did the options thing, it was a frequent occurrence and taking profits was the thing to do. I know it’s not the right thing with a stock. I’m holding.

Thanks. I am new to TSLA for sure. I’ve never owned a single stock that gained so much so quickly. When I did the options thing, it was a frequent occurrence and taking profits was the thing to do. I know it’s not the right thing with a stock. I’m holding.
No worries and feel free to ask questions as we love to interact at the deepest levels. I've put up my technical hat for now as this investing, options thing has become several multiples of what I earned at my former day jobs...and I've had some doosies!

This is annoying, and making the rounds on public media. Curious what reasons this owner would need to do this. Maybe he/she had his reasons. Still annoying the way it’s being spun. At least he has chains on. :).
Looks like a trip into remote areas so makes sense. If camping for a few days he can use the gensent to keep the car charged up.

• Informative
Reactions: Nocturnal and H Mak

Hmmmm anyone notice what I notice?

Could be privately imported by an enthusiast. Would not be the first time - I believe it was done with both the TM3 and the TMY.

Edit: A 2022 Model S got it's plate today in Norway.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I need a $3000 price target so I can buy five power walls and cut my power lines. This is going to hurt Tesla and everyone in the US in time if they get away with it. Glad we have a "green" agenda. Please anyone in CA call your utility and raise hell, call your representative the PUC is a joke and so is PGE and others. Charging $8 a month per kWh for your array size is INSANE!

Last edited:
I don't remember a 9% pre-market, could that be the first in history for $TSLA?

View attachment 751393

Let's go!!!

Here you go: (results sorted by dollar amount, top-10 Up or Dn displayed, % change included, my data goes back to May 5, 2015)

TSLA.Gap-Up-Dn.Top10.All-time.2022-01-03.png

So yes, today was the largest gap up in dollar amnt, but not by % change.

Fun fact: all 10 of these record 'gap' days (both UP and DN) have occurred in the past 16 mths. :D

Cheers!

Here you go: (results sorted by dollar amount, top-10 Up or Dn displayed, % change included, my data goes back to May 5, 2015)

View attachment 751463

So yes, today was the largest gap up in dollar amnt, but not by % change.

Fun fact: all 10 of these record 'gap' days (both UP and DN) have occurred in the past 16 mths. :D

Cheers!

How about the top 10 by % rather than $? Intuitively, the gap % would be smaller after the split and S&P inclusion, but would be interesting to see if that's actually the case.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger