Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder when the suppliers to TSLA will start yt channels. Then the guys hauling the trash can start one, talk about what is different. Then the downstream sewer treatment plants can talk about what is different about the effluent from there.

Both of those guys were interesting to listen to once, but building a whole darn YT channel? I must really be getting old cause I don't value the YT parasites the way others do.

Jeez, someone hasn't had their coffee yet! 😂🤣

Remember that “sky is falling” Tesla Model S front latch recall that the shorts were screaming about?

Well, I just had mobile service come out and check my 2017 MS. Was just fine. Took him about 45 seconds.

Had there been an issue, he said it would take about 20 minutes to fix.
Ditto. I had a service appointment this AM to reset my "key fob battery low" alert. It had been displaying for a few weeks. Apparently, it was fixed over the air, by update or otherwise last night. I kept my appointment anyway so they could look at the trunk latch. Nothing wrong. Nice seein' ya'.

Probably.

Somebody sharing their passions in an engaging way are not parasites in my book. And the video I linked to isn't even monetised. I find their insights and stories interesting and also inspiring as a TSLA investor. Like others pointed out (and I did a few days ago), these videos are nice in that you can just give them a casual listen in the background when doing other things. I'm a great multi-tasker - F5ing the thread, listening to the podcast and watching the ticker. Triple win.

To be fully transparent, I DO earn $ through Ad revenue by way of the YouTube partnership program, and I do have a Patreon, but I do not sponsor any products/services, and I do not expect anyone to donate. If they want to in order to compensate me for the time spent/value I bring, then Great! If not, Great!

I'm also working on moving my content to a decentralized video site with 0 ads, so those that don't want to view ads can view it through that platform.

I view it as a way to fund my recording equipment while I try to share my experience to the entire Tesla community as a Fan/Investor since 2012/2013, and someone who was lucky enough to see how the company functions to the core for 4 years. Even if 1 person finds it helpful, entertaining, or valuable, then I'm happy.

I wonder when the suppliers to TSLA will start yt channels. Then the guys hauling the trash can start one, talk about what is different. Then the downstream sewer treatment plants can talk about what is different about the effluent from there.

Both of those guys were interesting to listen to once, but building a whole darn YT channel? I must really be getting old cause I don't value the YT parasites the way others do.

Not really any different than when Arnie Kim left a career in medicine since his hobby blog centered around Apple news took off (macrumors). The medium has changed but the fact is you can make a very decent living “analyzing” and regurgitating information about truly transformative companies because the interest in both the technology/products and the stock investment is so high. You can make arguments about the true/useful value of it all - and much may fall into the category of entertainment - but I’m pretty sure as far as jobs go it must be a sweet gig.

Shares. Keeping it simple while I get up to speed on various other instruments.

All I have to say is, if anyone is trying to time the market to sell and then buy back more shares at a lower price, you are going to have to time the market correctly twice.

And if it doesn't go down, what is your plan?

In April 2020 I attempted to do this, and I lost 20% of my shares as the stock rose from like $500 to near $700 very quickly. Luckily I bit the bullet and bought back in without trying to wait for another dip (which never happened). I "lost" basically $1 million in future returns.

But I am one of the lucky ones who bought back in. Many did not.

All I have to say is, if anyone is trying to time the market to sell and then buy back more shares at a lower price, you are going to have to time the market correctly twice.

And if it doesn't go down, what is your plan?

In April 2020 I attempted to do this, and I lost 20% of my shares as the stock rose from like $500 to near $700 very quickly. Luckily I bit the bullet and bought back in without trying to wait for another dip (which never happened). I "lost" basically $1 million in future returns.

But I am one of the lucky ones who bought back in. Many did not.
You just have to know how to do it :)

Im hoping for Austin announcement to massively burn the shorts. Gordons praying for another PPP loan

It will be curious to see how TSLA reacts when the news of either Austin and/or Berlin begin production. My gut tells me the stock won't move at all until production volumes are reported end of quarter, BUT a little devil on my shoulder also thinks the stock will immediately rocket up given the reality of new found production capacity actively being used.

We will likely know the answer this month! :cool: