Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rob Maurer clarified some of this in his latest YT video:
His take is that it is a new "model line", not a "new model" line, and likely not a "Model 2" line either.

Yah. Blame the originator of the tweet, who must have just found out about this story (which was published in this Reuters article on Nov 26, 2021):

Tesla to invest $188 mln to expand Shanghai factory capacity -Beijing Daily

Then Electrik and Joey Bafune needed to bait some clicks write some copy, soo... :p

Cheers!

• Helpful
Reactions: EnzoXYZ and Lessmog
Last edited:
this is demoralizing

Try, try, try again.

demoralize-1.jpg

Cheers!

Confirmation that Tesla's all-electric strategy is the only way. Arguing against EVs will be yet harder. More people will see EV benefits. Outcome, more Tesla demand.

Stellantis has removed all combustion versions of its small van-based MPVs from sale in most of Europe in an effort to speed up the group’s move to all-electric power.

The decision to continue with only electric versions of these vehicles was announced in separate statements by Citroën, Peugeot and Opel/Vauxhall – which sell the technically idential Berlingo, Partner and Combo MPVs respectively.

Which is interesting, b/c for a 2019-2021 it was above that level most of the time. I guess it's just the latest arbitrary "line in the sand" that has been derived.
Most of the time? Not what I see. The 10 yr touched it earlier last year, then a full 2 yrs ago we were higher.

1641573677399.png

I'd love to trade options because that seems like that's where the SERIOUS money is...but I don't for this very reason. If the market were logical, I'd make a killing. But clearly the market moves in mysterious ways, often due to reasons out of anyone's control, and often completely contrary to common sense. This irritates me, so I avoid options trading. It makes me a HODLer which limits my gains, but I probably sleep a little bit better at night.

I like to think the stock market is, more or less

⅓ fundamentals (revenue, cash flow, strategic leadership, etc.)
⅓ luck (good or bad, paradigm shift, black swan, interest rates, "wait - who got hit by a bus?!?", etc.)
⅓ emotion ("I have a feeling the stock is going to 1,400, and I'm pretty good at these things" :cool:)

Even if we could accurately and consistently predict two of these, we'd still get it wrong much of the time, especially in the short term!

HODL.