Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually to my pleasant surprise it is a pro-tesla article showing how they are nimble and quickly outrunning legacy auto.
I would say it is not so much pro-tesla as it is pro-factual. The facts are what this story reports. It doesn’t put a finger on the scales. It just so happens the facts are Tesla has gotten just about everything right with its business plan on the big stuff, legacy is stuck in ancient thinking that doesn’t work, and he flatly reports that.

Gary Black calculated $TSLA averaged +19.3% in the past 8 9 quarters between closing price right-after-volume to closing price right-before-earnings. Yet we now sit at -14.4% from Monday's closing price (volume was announced on Sunday). This points to a potential of +33.7% from here to $1370 closing price right-before-earnings.

Regarding macro/10Y-yield, he commented: >> this week was emotion not math.

Last edited:
Hmm, three upvotes from Brits, all others voted down. Please let's stop with the geopolitical pissing matches.

Hmmmm, are you asking an entire forum that has nationalistic tendencies to quit being so nationalistic?

I would be in favor of that but, while we are at it, maybe we should write a letter to Wall Street and ask them to quit being so greedy. ;)

Gary Black calculated $TSLA averaged +19.3% in the past 8 9 quarters between closing price right-after-volume to closing price right-before-earnings. Yet we now sit at -14.4% from Monday's closing price (volume was announced on Sunday). This points to a potential of +33.7% from here to $1370 closing price right-before-earnings.

Yep. TSLA was a screaming buy in the $900's before Production and Delivery numbers stunned and it's a screaming buy in the $1000's before earnings will stun again.

The things driving macro worries don't really have much impact on the true long-term value of Tesla. And, IMO, many of the factors driving the macro lower actually increase the attractiveness of a company in Tesla's enviable position. While volatility is not going away, TSLA is in such a strong position it's actually still a great place to park long-term money.

Tesla likely passed BMW in U.S. for the first time.

That's not true. I've passed literally hundreds of BMW's in the U.S. None of them can even come close to keeping up with a Model 3 P and 99% of them can't even keep up with my wife's lowly LR RWD Model 3. Even if the specs of the more expensive ones are close, the instant EV response ensures in the real world it's no contest. Apples and oranges.

Oh, you're talking sales? Oooops! :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: Drumheller
Anyone have any idea how this is happening:
Since this was his drive, probably the classical car within range of keys.
If the car keys are dumped in a bowl right inside the door to the house and not covered with Al-foil then the range of the keys likely leeds to the car staying unlocked. Not specific to Tesla but the same for all cars with keyless entry.

If the car keys are dumped in a bowl right inside the door to the house and not covered with Al-foil then the range of the keys likely leeds to the car staying unlocked. Not specific to Tesla but the same for all cars with keyless entry.
That's not how a Model 3 works and that piece of Daily Fail 'journalism' will just be fabricated tosh.

Macros are going to prevent a 33% bump.

Powell speaks again this week, and we have CPI and PPI numbers mid week. I'm just hoping that these 3 are in line with expectations and don't surprise down. Honestly, that's the best I can hope for right now.

Wasn’t boring contractually forced to deliver autonomous evs end of 21? do we know if the cars during ces use fsd at least for some parts?

SORT of?

The contract says they must attempt to switch to fully automated cars within 6 months of first operation.... but conditions that on getting all needed govt. approvals (allegedly clark county has been foot dragging on this?)--- and includes no penalty clause for failing to hit this target that I've seen.

You can program your car to not Auto-lock when at home. I hate going into the garage and not being able to open the door for something because I didn't grab the fob (and waiting for the Butler to bring it to me is soooo annoying 😂).

(I don't have a Butler...yet)

Last edited:
You can program your car to not Auto-lock when at home. I hate going into the garage and not being able to open the door for something because I didn't grab the fob.
You can, but in the UK that would be a very strange thing to do especially if the car's left on your drive. The story just doesn't add up, but that's not unusual with the Mail. Maybe Dan Jones has a new book out or something.

Last edited:
I thought I'd update about the EV vanguard also known as Norway/Oslo.
As Christine said unfortunately Model Y didn't get a rush of deliveries the last part of december. So it ended the year at 4th place in all models behind Model 3, RAV4-Hybrid and ID.4 Though just a few hundred cars from MY to pass RAV4. Due to changes in our incentive scheme most PHEV get a modest to a massive incerease in fees from 1.1.22. So RAV4 will propably see around 75% reduction in sales for 2022. And a full year of MY sales will make it interesting.
Not the least since Tesla was the best selling car brand for all of 2021 in Norway. Not the "EV market" no the car market full stop. 11.6% of the total market, and that in a record year, there has never been sold more cars in Norway than 2021.
So Tesla is still going strong.

Another thing I thought I'd mention as to the EV transition is public transportation. Oslo has a tramsystem and subway system which of course is electric. But busses are also now turning electric en masse. With a new contract now in january 2022 about 40% of the citybusses will be electric while around 22% of all busses from Oslo Transport Authority (Ruter) which includes many suburban routes as well. I believe they use BYD and VDL busses. I shot some pictures of one of the depots for VDL Citea SLFA I think is the model. These have around 120kWh batteries and use a pantograph fast charging system at the depot as you can see in the pictures.

Attachments

• 15A15CFD-961C-4670-8F09-40CDDE6D317A.jpeg
    15A15CFD-961C-4670-8F09-40CDDE6D317A.jpeg
    495.7 KB · Views: 104
  • D37A5704-823E-470C-92F4-DE738B814C43.jpeg
    D37A5704-823E-470C-92F4-DE738B814C43.jpeg
    505.7 KB · Views: 81
I thought I'd update about the EV vanguard also known as Norway/Oslo.
As Christine said unfortunately Model Y didn't get a rush of deliveries the last part of december. So it ended the year at 4th place in all models behind Model 3, RAV4-Hybrid and ID.4 Though just a few hundred cars from MY to pass RAV4. Due to changes in our incentive scheme most PHEV get a modest to a massive incerease in fees from 1.1.22. So RAV4 will propably see around 75% reduction in sales for 2022. And a full year of MY sales will make it interesting.
Not the least since Tesla was the best selling car brand for all of 2021 in Norway. Not the "EV market" no the car market full stop. 11.6% of the total market, and that in a record year, there has never been sold more cars in Norway than 2021.
So Tesla is still going strong.

Another thing I thought I'd mention as to the EV transition is public transportation. Oslo has a tramsystem and subway system which of course is electric. But busses are also now turning electric en masse. With a new contract now in january 2022 about 40% of the citybusses will be electric while around 22% of all busses from Oslo Transport Authority (Ruter) which includes many suburban routes as well. I believe they use BYD and VDL busses. I shot some pictures of one of the depots for VDL Citea SLFA I think is the model. These have around 120kWh batteries and use a pantograph fast charging system at the depot as you can see in the pictures.
Pictures please