Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Competition news.

Seems ford sold 2,349 Mach-e in December for a total of 27,120 sales in 2021 for USA.

63,683 production for the year (assuming most of the rest sold into Europe).

Ford came second in the USA for EV sales...
I know it seems tiny but that's really impressive. From nothing to second in 1 year. GM and Chrysler are so freaking useless, toyota too..honda sigh. VW could sell units in the EU for more money.

I agree with Dojo progress and V11.

I will add a bit of speculation on top. My pure speculation is that experience achieved getting to V11 has resulted in a closer estimation of what will be required in FSD V4.

I am wondering if just as Tesla built FSD capabilities into every vehicle, they will now upgrade all vehicles to FSD 4.

This $2k will help fund the several million retrofits initially.

It is cheaper to bring the safety of FSD into the world via retrofits than by new vehicles while battery resources are escaping constraints.

The value of the used (but upgraded) existing fleet would be a strong marketing statement In favor of the brand and also more quickly expand the subscription base.

Food for thought🙂
Elon said sometime ago that the price of FSD will keep increasing, that threat gets some buyers (like me) off the fence.,
So this latest price increase, might not be the last one, if Elon implied a price ceiling, I don't think we are there yet.

For the "single stack" version FSD needed extensive retaining, that seems to be a total retrain. So it is a good guess that training is a FSD bottleneck, and Dojo is important to keep progress rolling.

For FSD 4, I've always seen cost reduction and the 25K Model as the primary driver, and I've always thought that if there is any way to do FSD with HW3, Tesla will try very hard to do that. We will find out soon enough.

For upgrades/swaps generally, this is a money making area for Tesla eventually, when they have the service bandwidth, but only when they have the service bandwidth.

A forced upgrade to the majority of the fleet, is a service nightmare, even when it can be done by mobile service. Customers will not be happy waiting 3 months for a service appointment, The HW4 upgrades to HW3 cars complete with new builds for HW4 chips. The old HW3 chips are E-waste.
I don't know why people think this is a good idea, or why you think it is necessary.

Last edited:

This was the 'big' announcement...
Hard for me to get overly excited about an event 1500 miles away that doesn’t involve someone handing the keys of my Cybertruck to me.

Hard to see how this could remotely affect the stock price or Tesla either. Since it’s going to be immediately before Tesla’s gigafactory opening (taking advantage of the timing I guess), it’s unlikely there will be anything new from Tesla there either since Tesla will want to release anything interesting at their event.

I can't even explain how funny/ridiculous this is to me as it is pure marketing. And yes, I've made chips, at more than one company, including Tesla.

autoevolution: Hyundai Has Found the Best Way to Prevent the Chip Shortage from Happening Again.

I can't even explain how funny/ridiculous this is to me as it is pure marketing. And yes, I've made chips, at more than one company, including Tesla.

autoevolution: Hyundai Has Found the Best Way to Prevent the Chip Shortage from Happening Again.
TL/DR? I don't want to give them a click if it's "pure marketing".

Rumor says giga Shanghai run rate of 900k/ur starting in march
This guys is a China Tesla YouTuber, tracking record not bad

Since Dec shAnghai estimated production was 75k. ShanghAi run rate is already 960k/ ur. So if Shanghai achieves 1m in 2022 and Fremont 500k. So the baseline is 1.5m. Plus 150kx2 from Austin Berlin. Easy 1.8m in 2022

Toyota spending prime time ad $ defending against electric cars with “we have an engine so you don’t have to worry about recharging”.

Being backed into a corner.

You love to see it.
In Europe they are basically advertising with “We have hybrids that are so advanced that you don’t even have to plug them in”.
Causing quite a few complaints about misleading advertising.

I would be very interested to hear your insight on why exactly....

Reactions: JustMe

LOL, I doubt any talent will join. Then again, their design are probably just copies of old designs. So it's a good retirement jerb.

Global Goundries comes to mimd.

Since Dec shAnghai estimated production was 75k. ShanghAi run rate is already 960k/ ur. So if Shanghai achieves 1m in 2022 and Fremont 500k. So the baseline is 1.5m. Plus 150kx2 from Austin Berlin. Easy 1.8m in 2022
More interesting is how fast will it take for Austin and Berlin to ramp up to Shanghai productivity? If it’s only six months, then by this summer Tesla could be over 3 million run rate. This year could be crazy good.

Reactions: saniflash
Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-10 um 12.46.40.png

Yeah - back to topic - below 900€ tracking pre-market TSLA in Germany - amazing opportunity