Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's nothing wrong with profiting from manipulation. In fact, done successfully, it hurts the manipulators. But the trouble is identifying the timing and direction the manipulation will take it. And those effects must be layered upon the natural trading driven by real news and results as well as the natural volatility and market mood swings. The manipulators have deep pockets and abilities that regular investors or traders lack. So, you are really playing a guessing game and, when done poorly, it helps the manipulators play their game. It's how they profit.

There's a reason why dead investors have higher returns than active investors. This is literally true. And that's with the whole gamut of public companies. A company like TSLA, with growth like most of us expect over the next few years, will make it even harder to match, let alone beat, returns from holding. With taxable accounts it's a complete fool's game and with tax deferred accounts it's still pretty hard to come out ahead in the long term. Most investors can't even be honest with themselves about their true returns with their trading accounts. The nature of the human brain is to remember your wins and quietly forget your losses or structure the thinking about them to turn their losses into non-issues (because it was just a potential profit that was lost, not an actual tax loss).

But good luck, it's your money!
I believe it was Fidelity that surveyed accounts and determined people who had forgotten they had an account did second best. People who had died did best.

California has the highest energy prices, rolling blackouts, and they’re shutting down their zero carbon nuclear and want to tax the sugar out of solar?!?!

Worst run state in the country. This is cartoon level incompetence.

Worst run state in the country?

Hollywood for more than a century has led the motion picture industry — can you recall a depression or recession that has affected the movie industry?

Disney has led the cartoon and amusement park industry for decades.

Silicon Valley has led the evolution of the computer industry and the Internet for decades.

Apple has led the smartphone industry for decades.

Qualcom has led development in the cellular industry for decades.

Illumina has led DNA sequencing from its beginnings; reducing costs from billions to less than $1,000 for a humane genome.

Maxwell Technology developed the dry battery electrode process.

Tesla has led the evolution of electric vehicles and autonomous driving.

SpaceX is leading the world into space.

The state of California has pushed MPG and automotive emission requirements for decades.

That’s just off the top of my head. Indeed, it is difficult to travel anywhere in the world without witnessing something developed in California. Does California have warts? Absolutely. Am I ready to throw the baby out with bath water? Hardly!

Worst run state in the country?

Hollywood for more than a century has led the motion picture industry — can you recall a depression or recession that has affected the movie industry?

Disney has led the cartoon and amusement park industry for decades.

Silicon Valley has led the evolution of the computer industry and the Internet for decades.

Apple has led the smartphone industry for decades.

Qualcom has led development in the cellular industry for decades.

Illumina has led DNA sequencing from its beginnings; reducing costs from billions to less than $1,000 for a humane genome.

Maxwell Technology developed the dry battery electrode process.

Tesla has led the evolution of electric vehicles and autonomous driving.

SpaceX is leading the world into space.

The state of California has pushed MPG and automotive emission requirements for decades.

That’s just off the top of my head. Indeed, it is difficult to travel anywhere in the world without witnessing something developed in California. Does California have warts? Absolutely. Am I ready to throw the baby out with bath water? Hardly!

Agree…focusing on this being a CA taxation issue is missing the more nefarious issue….“public” utilities that are undermining what’s in the public’s best interest for their own survival. Particularly rich coming from PG&E considering recent history. It is IMHO even more brazen than what UAW has attempted with electrification and threatens the dream of energy indepdence for individuals and communities.

Oooo Tasty move right there

Took a while to chew thru all the sell orders around $1,100 (any body have L2 quotes?)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-01-12.14-30.png

Cheers!

If I didn't have TSLA stock right now, I would be hurting and wandering aimlessly through the world.
Banks said my taxable income was too low for them to give me a mortgage in Jan 21.

Funny..... Ive been banking with them since 1994, and have 800+ credit score.
You would think being a customer for nearly 30 years would perhaps side step some of their BS. Im sure im not the riskiest investment for them. But I get it(I suppose) they are trying to avoid another 2008. Nearly my entire adult life has been in a recession. CPI and 10Yr bond ROFL. CNBC ROFL. BANKS ROFL.
Such a joke.

First home will skip that morgage process entirely. Once we land at around $1600, all that becomes possible for me. What I'll do then in regards to the stock ownership I have no idea. What I WILL be doing will be reading the forum when that day comes. The Split is the true test of my HODLing. If it runs to 1600 and a split is announced........ I would (Happily) be forced to hold in anticipation of holding onto a larger number of TSLA shares for the next part of my life. If we run up to perhaps to the number @The Accountant & Homer Simpson have in mind and no split is announced, I will be racking my brain.

Y'all the best Thx for listening.
I post this same article about every 6 months when Ive been charting and doing math and am very *******(You Decide!)

Cheers

All I need to know about banks is the following story, which happened recently in our circle of acquaintances: a 60-year-old woman whose husband died has to move out of the house, even though the mortgage interest has always been paid on time for the last 35 years. This is only because her widow's pension is no longer sufficient for the calculation of affordability. That she now has to move into a much more expensive rental apartment, is the irony of this story.

No power to such companies!

Took a while to chew thru all the sell orders around $1,100 (any body have L2 quotes?)

<snip>

Cheers!

Here's L2 from Merrill Edge (prices move quick, so this was accurate moments ago):

L2.png

There's currently no sell wall. So I think market makers are letting this run wild for the time being. Largest sell orders are at $1200 at a size of 400. Update: and just like that... >1000 size for $1110 sell.

Last edited:
All I need to know about banks is the following story, which happened recently in our circle of acquaintances: a 60-year-old woman whose husband died has to move out of the house, even though the mortgage interest has always been paid on time for the last 35 years. This is only because her widow's pension is no longer sufficient for the calculation of affordability. That she now has to move into a much more expensive rental apartment, is the irony of this story.

No power to such companies!
Exactly, This whole rental thing is just absurd nowadays. They say im unfit to pay for the mortgage, but my rent is more than what the mortgage would be. Insanity.

With the CPI numbers this morning I did a lot of thinking about what costs more.....Rent, Gas, Heating, Food...

Another useful tidbit from the Dave Lee & Pierre video. Something we all probably have known but it was a nice little refresh and realization. He said something along the lines of how the majority of people who are buying Teslas are not coming from the luxury market. BLAM

I suspect this is to streamline production and logistics. A single variant for seating will vastly simplify both going forward, now that Tesla is producing both the S & X on a single line. 6-seater was obviously the most popular choice, Tesla obviously has margin to spare on an X.

In the larger view, this is also bullish for total Fremont production, since it implies more space and resources being reallocated to Model 3/Y production. Somehow, they plan to increase 3 prod. by 50% there (unknown timeline). This obviously requires a 2nd GA line with the same capacity as the 1st one, and it needs space.

Anybody familar with the factory layout? Can reallocating space from the former Model X line make enough room for another Model 3 line? Also watching the videos for signs of new 'tentage'... ;)

Cheers!
This might have made sense until this X showed up in Taiwan:

2022 Tesla Model X Plaid Shows Up With Seven Seats And CSS2 Charging Port

If that's true then it kills the argument about streamlining production.

Chip Chowdry has been doing "visits" to Tesla Fremont over the 1st week of January. Sounds like he's been counting car carriers leaving the logistics yard.

At least the shortie air farce wasn't a total waste (doze guys sure quiet these daze). :p

Cheers!
I think shortie have had to sell the plane, and they are now living in the hangar.

I think shortie have had to sell the plane, and they are now living in the hangar.
Generally speaking you have to have the IQ of a 16+ year old to even be CONSIDERED to be allowed "hang around" inside a hangar.
That rules out TSLAQ entirely.

Paying someone to tool you around is one thing...... being involved is another
:p
If you can avoid gasoline, fuel oil, natural gas and used ICE you will do fine. Suggest any lifestyle?

View attachment 755003
Nice. I was a bike courier and from age 19-26 didn't own an automobile. Im easy going. Roof/Eats/......

Once the Home is acquired the next quest will be unlocked(New Tesla). Im hoping my remaining shares and my current investments in crypto currencies will provide that next leg up.... But gotta get this first Mission Accomplished!
GO TESLA
GO TSLA
GO QQQ
GO AWAY GORDO

Maybe just streamlining for the US market? Maybe there's more demand over the other side of the sea?
Six seat kills Tesla camping, assuming you want to sleep in the climate controlled car rather than a tent. Of course, a trailer is an (expensive) option, but then you're pulling a trailer with all the hassle that involves.

Six seat kills Tesla camping, assuming you want to sleep in the climate controlled car rather than a tent. Of course, a trailer is an (expensive) option, but then you're pulling a trailer with all the hassle that involves.

I would prefer a 7 seater Model X Plaid, but for other usage. But maybe Tesla has been software tracking how many butts have sat in limited production 7 seaters Plaid and decided to just cancel a 7 seater for the US market... :p

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA and UltradoomY
Anybody familar with the factory layout? Can reallocating space from the former Model X line make enough room for another Model 3 line? Also watching the videos for signs of new 'tentage'... ;)

Cheers!
I think on recent flyovers they were constructing some kind of conveyor structure on trusses, similar to the raised auxiliary line trusses in Shanghai and Berlin , but car sized and enclosed, from Paint/plastics? towards the tents...

Last edited: