Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

“2 weeks “

“2 weeks “?

So you are saying Q4, end year 2021 results will actually happen in Q1, 2023??

LFG! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

“2 weeks “

This should be massive.

I've given up reading articles on tipranks but someone just sent this snippet to me and i figured everyone would get a good laugh :)

1642032157000.png

“2 weeks “

For all us non imperialists, the Q4 ER will happen 2022-01-26 22:30 GMT/UTC

“2 weeks “
I dunno. I spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours here in 2021. I don't really need an update on Tesla in 2021.

I'm all ears about 2022 though.

I hear they now come with new headlights and 4680's, yes that quad is the test bed believe it or not.
It will be an inspiring placeholder until the real CyberQuads and CyberTrucks arrive! We have two CT on order and desperately need them on the farm. As far as it relates to investment topics, I really believe the CT and CyberQuads will be massively popular on farms. (As is Starlink) Many farms have the potential to generate their own solar power, which is a huge boon to electrification of farm equipment. We use a Model X as a farm "truck" for now and it is a fantastic towing vehicle, but does have some obvious limitations that CT will address. I am so ready to be done with the diesel era...

I dunno. I spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours here in 2021. I don't really need an update on Tesla in 2021.

I am greatly interested in the fiscal results for 2021, but they will be announced before the call.

As you… during the call I will be much more interested in hearing about what’s in store for 2022.

Texas report: I'm the kind of guy that likes to seek out scuttlebutt and drive by to check on things. Over the years this has led to countless drives and visits to local service and sales centers, watching them grow. This past week was something entirely new for us. I am sure that this pales in comparison to the YT vids for information, but it was really nice to see for ourselves. While visiting the great state of TX, we drove for a night to Austin, hoping to catch a site of things. Saw the Tesla Coil, got into the hotel at dark thirty. For early am start, saw some TSLA shirts finishing breakfast, they seemed like professional types on site. The factory was REAL close to the aeropuerto, I had no idea it was so close. The site was a beehive of activity, we exited on Tesla Road, seemed to be a toll road, grateful for the labeled GPS observation point. Hung out there for a while, tried to drive further in but the roads were confusing, flagmen were out. Signs were directing TSLA orientation traffic.

The charging network has grown since our last visit. Saw a lot more cars. Rented an X on Turo, had some issues with low charge rates, then a window died. Tried to get another Tesla, many were available.

Family with a Y was not aware of all the functionality (or insurance), hopefully they will play around with it. I disliked not having connectivity package. Non FSD cars do better than much of what is on the road, but FSD equipped nav on AP is better.

Got home after being able to check live video from a distance. Had an update to be installed, saw specifics on how to get kicked off FSD. Car drove itself to the grocery, felt good pressing the report link for one scare. Car drove home no problems. Happy to be part of data gathering and improvements.

Mirror mirror on the wall.
IMG_2072[1].JPG

It will be an inspiring placeholder until the real CyberQuads and CyberTrucks arrive! We have two CT on order and desperately need them on the farm. As far as it relates to investment topics, I really believe the CT and CyberQuads will be massively popular on farms. (As is Starlink) Many farms have the potential to generate their own solar power, which is a huge boon to electrification of farm equipment. We use a Model X as a farm "truck" for now and it is a fantastic towing vehicle, but does have some obvious limitations that CT will address. I am so ready to be done with the diesel era...
I hope I never buy another gas powered vehicle but if I was you, I'd buy a cheap old truck to use for a couple years until the CT comes.

I'm dying to hear the numbers and praying for a beat that will cause another price surge. Because:
  1. I'm sitting on margin, which I took for the purpose of paying for a car coming in March. I want to pay off the margin and pay the closing costs, and I'm greedy so I want as many shares left over as possible.
  2. I've hit retirement numbers and a little cushion would really help me pull the trigger on that.

I’ll continue to say it every time he is mentioned: Trip Chowdry is an absolute putz. Just because he is on “our side” doesn’t make him stop being an absolute buffoon that is known to make BS statements out of nowhere.

remember this is the same guy who says climate change is a hoax.
Yup. He is a clown. But he is my clown :)

Last edited:
And if the economy goes into the toilet and takes TSLA and his job with it, he'll still have the loan.
Have you considered that if he has been investing in TSLA for a few years, or even a decade, a $1m loan on a $25m, portfolio will mean that TSLA shares will have to drop, say, 90% or 95% before this would become an issue?

Or, let us assume that he's a new-ish TSLA investor. With a 50% CAGR, just a few years of growth will result in an astronomical account size, which means that the situation in the first paragraph becomes reality . . . .

Don't be of little faith--that's what the TSLAQ folks are for. If I'd been less a "fraidy-cat" with margin a few years ago, I'd have a 9-figure account instead of an 8-figure account, but they don't teach investing in school. My loss. Margin is a TOOL which can be used, with care, to greatly expand the size of one's investments over time.

Later, it can be used to buy a big house, without having to sell any shares.