Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m calling it now, Cybertruck delayed because of late change to add 4-wheel steer-by-wire. Better yoke usability, deletes steering column, and enables tank turn & crab walk. We’ll see if I’m right in two weeks.

I would suggest the improvements are enabled by the slower than expected launch. Tesla is not likely to delay a product that was already so superior to the competition, particularly when cost to produce is considered, that it would have no trouble competing. The delays are the result of more fundamental constraints, not the desire to add some extra bells and whistles.

CNBC is running another timely hit piece, this time on SpaceX and sexism.
Clearly an agenda here - is CNBC doing this to other companies who also have these issues (which many, many sadly do)?!!! These are serious issues, and should be heard in the proper forum. But, singling out a company on a financial news network with an employee making accusation, at least in my view, is transparently biased.

Perhaps more interesting is where these cells will go, once they have been taken out.
Unless they can inspect and verify that they don't have the defects in them they aren't good for any use. They should just be sent to be recycled. Which is sort of a good thing, as it gives the battery recyclers some volume to start working with.

So they cant be sold. So can they be sent to stores and act as loaners, test drive cars, etc. then sometime in the future sold as a used demo car? Maybe after going back to factory as retrofit.

Also from the pictures I think they are all performance, so does this go along with the order pages where people in Europe getting March expected delivery dates for performance Ys?

Reactions: AZRI11 and Paul_SF
Any one else get the feeling the Stock is about to do this?

LOL… just unloaded a big chunk of my Apple and put it into TSLA LEAPS.

Maybe stupid with the macro environment.

PS… we’ve been posting sky high expectations like this for more than a month now and every time it starts to run, it’s a been a false start so we should probably tame our expectations until it happens.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
^ those black MYs from Berlin look like production test vehicles. The 4th one in left row is full of red tape all around it, which met thinks is showing when production went wrong. YMMV

Attachments

• Tberlin.jpg
    Tberlin.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 70
Those are sellable, but my thoughts are these are most likely built for Euro NCAP testing. I know as I had to do that for Model S in 2014 when we built 12 identical cars and they came and randomly picked one. They then test it and approve production/homologation for customer purchase.
So they cant be sold. So can they be sent to stores and act as loaners, test drive cars, etc. then sometime in the future sold as a used demo car? Maybe after going back to factory as retrofit.

Also from the pictures I think they are all performance, so does this go along with the order pages where people in Europe getting March expected delivery dates for performance Ys?
O

^ those black MYs from Berlin look like production test vehicles. The 4th one in left row is full of red tape all around it, which met thinks is showing when production went wrong. YMMV

There could be a lot of symbolism in these initial cars. That's a lot of black there. Maybe a tribute to the impending death of the long-esteemed marque of BMW. :oops: