Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if there will be an update video when it’s fixed.
Probably not. That's part of the point. Bad press has a lasting effect.
This guy’s video post history isn’t exactly pro EV.
True, he's mostly focused on right to repair for all products. Tesla hasn't been very good on that front either.

I agree that news of that sort is interesting and important, at least to me.

My point is that there wasn't anything in the post besides a link about what you found useful. Why post that link?

I did do some hunting to find a non-paywalled version of the article - I just assume its a copy. Unfortunately reading the article the best I could get out of it is that it was another example of FUD being tossed out. I needed to read the article to find out the law firm in question was employed by Tesla / SpaceX, not some random law firm. I still don't know whether the lawyer in question worked on the Tesla / SpaceX account or was just a random person, formerly working at the SEC, that now also worked for the law firm. Or why Elon was calling him out specifically.

The article also didn't make it clear about the expert at NHTSA had evidence of an axe to grind with Elon, or why Elon would call that person out. That's mostly why I was thinking that the reason to post the link is that its yet another example of Tesla FUD, with a catchy headline and innuendo but light on actual facts. Was that the point - its another FUD article that takes a subset of facts and twists them?

But the main thing is that I didn't see any value add from you. What did you find helpful and intriguing about that article? What information did it provide to you that you felt might be helpful to the community? I love getting new information like that - its an important reason why this community has been so helpful to me. There is still a blizzard of links that people find, and even a one-liner with the link about why the link and information at the other end was interesting / helpful to the poster, is important to help people (or at least me) decide whether to follow the link and learn more or not.

I mean, I just saw some Tesla news on Twitter and thought it would be of interest to some here, so I posted it. I did not have any deeper insights to add than what was apparent from the tweet.

Probably not. That's part of the point. Bad press has a lasting effect.

True, he's mostly focused on right to repair for all products. Tesla hasn't been very good on that front either.
High voltage + flammable batteries + all controlled by complicated software..what can possibility go wrong when trying to fix it yourself? I'm sure this is what Tesla is hoping more of, electrocuted people and burning cars due to hack job repairs in the news .

High voltage + flammable batteries + all controlled by complicated software..what can possibility go wrong when trying to fix it yourself? I'm sure this is what Tesla is hoping more of, electrocuted people and burning cars due to hack job repairs in the news .
Sure, let's promote the idea that EV's are more dangerous and complex than ICE vehicles. Many people have taken apart and repaired Tesla's with no official training, no electrocutions have resulted. Sorry, I don't want Tesla to be Apple.

Theres nothing wrong with the heatpump itself as far as we know.

its also not like tesla has washed their has of the problem either its likely their top priority thing right now.
Agreed on both counts. But investors are sticking their head in the sand if they think this kind of thing doesn’t affect people’s decision to buy cars. In Canada right now it is everywhere on social media, and even the local TV news... constantly.

I’m glad Elon stepped up and addressed it himself. Owners will do damage control over the next few months and try and explain that it’s not all cars etc etc. But we even have family members offering us rides in cold weather right now. (Our car has resistive heat and is working fine).

Agreed on both counts. But investors are sticking their head in the sand if they think this kind of thing doesn’t affect people’s decision to buy cars. In Canada right now it is everywhere on social media, and even the local TV news... constantly.

I’m glad Elon stepped up and addressed it himself. Owners will do damage control over the next few months and try and explain that it’s not all cars etc etc. But we even have family members offering us rides in cold weather right now. (Our car has resistive heat and is working fine).
Oh no not the D word again…
Unless this would turn out to be an expensive recall, (which is unlikely so far), I don’t see any reason investor should worry about this.

I still don't know whether the lawyer in question worked on the Tesla / SpaceX account or was just a random person, formerly working at the SEC, that now also worked for the law firm. Or why Elon was calling him out specifically.

From the WSJ article (not the CNBC or other articles about the WSJ article):

”At the SEC, the attorney had interviewed Mr. Musk during the agency’s investigation of the Tesla chief executive’s 2018 tweet claiming, wrongly, to have secured funding to potentially take the electric-vehicle maker private.”