Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the optimism but every megapack is sold out which to me appears to mean that Tesla is still just as battery constrained as they have been for the last year. The imported battery cells that are assembled there in the port of CA must be limited in volume.

The significant moves are:-
  1. Growing Megapack sales from around 4 GWh per year to around 50 GWh per year, by the end of 2023.
  2. Switching to cheaper CATL LFP cells - more storage for a lower production cist - ( they don't say how much more storage? )

This is still in the in optimism category, we need to see how those plans pan out.

But Battery Day also provides IMO a fairly strong hint that Tesla wants to sell much more than 50 GWh of energy storage batteries, in fact probably at least 1 TWh per year by 2030.

PSA: I thought I was caught up with the thread hours ago, but just did a refresh to reload where I left off, and it appears almost 2 pages of posts went to the bit bucket.

I understand why, but if the mods would post their cleanup action as a heads-up, it would be appreciated. That way, if anything important was posted (slim chance this weekend, sadly) we would know to backtrack to see if there were any pearls of wisdom worth reading.

PSA: I thought I was caught up with the thread hours ago, but just did a refresh to reload where I left off, and it appears almost 2 pages of posts went to the bit bucket.

I understand why, but if the mods would post their cleanup action as a heads-up, it would be appreciated. That way, if anything important was posted (slim chance this weekend, sadly) we would know to backtrack to see if there were any pearls of wisdom worth reading.
Some OT posts are interesting but they're supposed to be posted elsewhere. One problem with that is there used to be a place to click at the top of these pages to see a list of the latest posts in all threads, but this feature disappeared. It's available elsewhere but that's more than one click.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33
Did my part for Q1 2022...took delivery of this bad boy today :)

1642475696977.png

Some OT posts are interesting but they're supposed to be posted elsewhere. One problem with that is there used to be a place to click at the top of these pages to see a list of the latest posts in all threads, but this feature disappeared. It's available elsewhere but that's more than one click.
Is that not under "What's new/New Posts'? One click.