Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw 9 youtube videos of FSD 10.9 Beta. Overall impression: right turn improvement to near perfection.
Patiently waiting for upgrade from 10.8.1 Beta... needs help in spots.

Meanwhile, Max is looking to focus on 1050 I think.

1642523343208.png

Dowd lies about not having a commercial interest
in hurting tesla.

Hope tesla goes after him and The NY Times with
a massive law suit. It is time to set an example.
People have been saying that since 2013 and things seem to be going pretty ok. I think we stick with the same strategy, just innovate and execute.

Maybe write the PR department an email?

Do you think these calls are delta hedged with enough shares, enough to be delivered to those that would like assignment?
Absolutely. Anything the market makers are holding would be fully hedged with the expectation that these ditm calls will be taken delivery on or rolled, or otherwise hedged out.

The spotgamma thesis is that they will be sold leading to a big liquidation event, which I think is pretty unlikely based on what transpired last year.

People have been saying that since 2013 and things seem to be going pretty ok. I think we stick with the same strategy, just innovate and execute.

Maybe write the PR department an email?
Not entirely accurate, in China teslas has gone after those maligning tesla
with the intent of hurting them. Setting an example may deter, as
it increases the cost of doing so.

Absolutely. Anything the market makers are holding would be fully hedged with the expectation that these ditm calls will be taken delivery on or rolled, or otherwise hedged out.

The spotgamma thesis is that they will be sold leading to a big liquidation event, which I think is pretty unlikely based on what transpired last year.
Given historical events, I would wager these guys don't sit around responsibly hedged/liquid just waiting to pay out all their contracts. I don't know what's legally required(ha! #seclol), but I assume they push it to the limit and circumvent the "requirements" as much as possible. Even with the clear as day signaling, I bet we see a scramble for shares at some point.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike Ambler
Good. Relaying every Twitter post from outside entities who don't post here also becomes tiresome, especially when they are later shown to be wrong, or delete their tweets... but they're still here on TMC.

I think it is up to us to go and examine those Twitter accounts if we want to see what they think. We all know the names of the accounts
MODERATOR INPUT:
Yes. This post not only has good ideas, but "...relaying every Twitter post..." is a requisite I have mandated several times. So - using a reply to @MartinAustin's post to reiterate: NO ONE is to bring to this thread or to this forum ANY Tweet without providing a cogent set of reasons as to why it is appropriate for this Investors' Sector....Concomitantly, just as heinous is not having accurately determined that such a Tweet....newspaper/blog/whatever reference already has or has not made its presence here.

4 hr later correction: in case anyone wondered what "sing" was about, it has been corrected.....

Last edited:
Dowd lies about not having a commercial interest
in hurting tesla.

Hope tesla goes after him and The NY Times with
a massive law suit. It is time to set an example.
ISTR from Linux/Unix/SCO wars of yore that there is something called the Lanham Act which can be disastrously expensive if one gets caught trying to impede a competitor by falsehood. Dowd does seem to fit that bill, IMO.
But I may be wrong, as always. IANAL, etc. DW TLA FTW. ;)