Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are entire technical sub forums that are more appropriate. This is Investor Discussion forum, to me it's just as OT to start "investor" threads on every topic under the Sun.
IMO there is a grey area where technical discussions might occasionally be relevant to investing, or more likely, they are just something many of us are interested in.

It is better to contain this type of discussion to a more generic thread covering a lot of topics, no one has to read it, and the title is fairly clear.

Otherwise engineering issues are sometimes brought up in this thread on the pretext that they are something we should worry about, they are much better handled in a separate thread.

It is often good practise to track down an area of this forum that deals with the technical discussion, and link it in the Investor Engineering Discussion thread.

There are entire technical sub forums that are more appropriate. This is Investor Discussion forum, to me it's just as OT to start "investor" threads on every topic under the Sun.
In the spirit of always explaining a "disagree," I will politely offer a divergent view. I find it really hard to locate all the threads that relate to topic a,b,c that also are of interest and are related to investment decisions. Further and more related to your original post, my reading of the Mods' intentions is that technical topics that can impact the stock price are ok, when they are adding new info that can inform an investor. There are many people on this thread who have deep knowledge in areas that are relevant to Tesla's business, be they engineering, science, accounting, operations, international business, and the list goes on. Often a post that is technical prompts those with knowledge to help others (like me) better understand the topic and make an informed assessment. I value that and it is one of the things that I think makes this particular thread special. Once the posts start to repeat and/or there is diminishing value, a Mod steps in and says, "stop." Not all agree on where that line should be, but that's the Mod's prerogative.

And I see that @MC3OZ has explained further his/her thoughts on why it's useful to keep some technical threads within the Investor Forum. I concur.

Last edited:
Or/And the papafox daily recap is quite helpful to at least decipher what the heck is keeping this thing from blasting off into space!

Even old refresh plant get tax break. Since I don't live there, it's not my money so they can do whatever they want. And it's for EV so OK.

Who are these TSLA investors that are unhappy with their gains from 2016 to now?

Yea who is this investors because that result can hurt Tesla directly because Elon Musk as no real money only shares ....on Tesla and the only possibility to paid this 13B is to sell massive share and that SELL hurt TSLA$ and Tesla directly

I am ready for Tesla Master plan Part Trois
2006 initial plan
2016 part deux
2026 ?? part trois

so 4 more years to accomplish:
  • Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage
  • Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments
  • Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning
  • Enable your car to make money for you when you aren't using it

So I love the idea that the above ^^^^^ os done by 2026 to get part trois out by then including the Bot of course

Even old refresh plant get tax break. Since I don't live there, it's not my money so they can do whatever they want. And it's for EV so OK.
Quite a misleading title. They applied for a tax rebate based on $1.3 billion of improvements to the plant. The actual amount of the rebate would be a small fraction of that.

I am unable to option trade in my ROTH. As I understand how Limited Margin works, it allows me to buy and sell stock the same day without waiting for settlements. So, I am looking for anyone’s daily trading strategies. If I recall, maybe improperly, some people used to purchased in the mornings and then sell in the afternoons or something like that.
But you should be able to trade options in your Roth. Sounds like you need to transfer everything to a different broker.

Main stream media really does a great job as bashing TSLA. When I called my mother yesterday she talked about an angry customer dynamiting his Tesla because he didn’t want to pay 20k euros for a new battery. I ended up looking at the YouTube channel of the dynamiting team explaining the full story. There was a water leak, the customer ended up going to see a third party for a quick cheap fix, it didn’t work. Then he went to see Tesla who said they couldn’t be 100% sure they could work it out since the warranty was voided in theory. They still offered to replace the full 90kwh battery for 20k euros. The guy was angry and prefered to contact a YouTube channel who blows up thing with dynamite. They removed the batteries and motors before blowing up the model S.

What a waste of my time. Had to share to save yourself a 20minutes video and 30 minutes discussion with surroundings who will talk about it because of the news.

Last edited:
Main stream media really does a great job as bashing TSLA. When I called my mother yesterday she talked about an angry customer dynamiting his Tesla because he didn’t want to pay 20km for a new battery. I ended up looking at the YouTube channel of the dynamiting team explaining the full story. There was a water leak, the customer ended up going to see a third party for a quick cheap fix, it didn’t work. Then he went to see Tesla who said they couldn’t be 100% sure they could work it out since the warrant was voided in theory. They still offered to replace the full 90kmh battery for 20k euros. The guy was angry and prefered to contact a YouTube channel who blows up thing with dynamite. They removed the batteries and motors before blowing up the model S.

What a waste of my time. Had to share to save yourself a 20minutes video and 30 minutes discussion with surroundings who will talk about it because of the news.
Any site that shows a car being blown up with dynamite is crossed off my list pronto.

Our lust for clickbait is like our addiction to sugar ...it is slowly killing us.

10YR flat to down today... so....?

edit: bullish?
1642600839441.png

Last edited: