Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, 1/14/22 is officially ONE of the 1-2 “oh s..t” days I expected to come.. next week we’ll probably see the other. Some things are getting very interesting but I’m still going to be waiting till the whites of their eyes are covered in vomit before taking some positions. I’ve spent the day taking OFF the CC‘s I wrote on QQQ and many other NASDAQ holdings for pennies.. There is some good premium for 1/21 and 1/28 for what ppl think is going to be a bounce so I wanted to free up the underlyings to be able to write again. , but as I said I think there is one more day of puking to come. Question is, when.

To those who are wondering what's going on lately, @tivoboy has warned about impending drop in stocks, and I sided with tivoboy on this. I was starting to get impatient with the predicted drop of TSLA into the $900's, but it finally did today. But it still hasn't dropped enough for me to really buy TSLA in chunks. Any changes to your prediction tivoboy? The options at $1000 is looking to be a big driver for TSLA stock to get drawn to.

Wasn’t excepting to see 995 today 1 week from the greatest earnings beat of all time.

I think you need to adjust what makes the stock goes up over time. Earnings beat is one thing. But don't you ever see an earning beat headline, but also see that the stock dropped in the same news report? Elon and the Tesla team better have good future guidance in order for TSLA to go to the moon on earnings report day. Otherwise, TSLA will be trading sideways or even down. Earning beats are usually priced in. Favorable future guidance is what usually makes the stock pop up.

Lol this stock man.

I’ve seen the whole “holds up well on day big macro down day and then craters the next” play so many times with TSLA that they might as well call it the TSLA fake n shake. It was very unrealistic that there wouldn’t be a push down over the next few days before earnings given the macro environment. It’s a perfect environment for hedge funds and see how far they can drop TSLA over the next few trading days.

I’ll likely be playing some Jan 28th calls but I’ll be waiting until Tuesday to do so. I think market goes peak fear leading into that fed meeting next Wednesday and I think the market is completely off the mark. But until then, given how easily 1,000 broke, gonna be better opportunity for short term yolo calls next week

I suspect the people taking money out of the market and into, likely, cash or bonds, are going to figure out that some companies trying to lead towards a better future, such as Tesla, and are going to need more equity (which can be turned into cash for more factories) to avert climate change and the subsequent uncertainty around this existential crisis.

My 2 cents.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike Ambler
I'm shocked I tell you...

Shocked I tell you.gif

I'm beginning to think this market is rigged...

Lol this stock man.

I’ve seen the whole “holds up well on day big macro down day and then craters the next” play so many times with TSLA that they might as well call it the TSLA fake n shake. It was very unrealistic that there wouldn’t be a push down over the next few days before earnings given the macro environment. It’s a perfect environment for hedge funds and see how far they can drop TSLA over the next few trading days.

I’ll likely be playing some Jan 28th calls but I’ll be waiting until Tuesday to do so. I think market goes peak fear leading into that fed meeting next Wednesday and I think the market has completely off the mark. But until then, given how easily 1,000 broke, gonna be better opportunity for short term yolo calls next week
1000 not broken yet. Let's see if we close above or below 1k. They are working on it. Qqq did get rejected hard at 374 which was pur last great support. Guess everything needs to gap fill until we see a reversal.

1000 not broken yet. Let's see if we close above or below 1k. They are working on it. Qqq did get rejected hard at 374 which was pur last great support. Guess everything needs to gap fill until we see a reversal.
True it hasn’t officially broken today, but we’re so close to 1,000 that I think it will give way at some point over the next 4 trading days. Has nothing to do with TSLA, just going to be too much macro selling pressure as the market reaches peak fear.

We did break into 10% correction territory in the Nasdaq today but we need a close at the low of the Nasdaq today to complete that correction. S&P still has a way to before it completes a correction

Last edited:
The day's low for TSLA is $995.50 so far, so it definitely broke below $1,000. Now, if you're referring to closing time in order to classify as it breaking below $1,000, yeah, that's something different.

Reactions: UncaNed
The day's low for TSLA is $995.50 so far, so it definitely broke below $1,000. Now, if you're referring to closing time in order to classify as it breaking below $1,000, yeah, that's something different.
To @Singuy point, an intraday drop below 1,000 is meaningless. It doesn’t matter. Only thing that matters is where it closes when it comes to breaking certain levels