Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if TSLA will take the mantel from FAANG (this year!) but they certainly will be joining them up there on that mantel.
Yee of little faith ;)

Wall St still doesn't believe in both Tesla's growth and their earnings power despite having plenty of clues as to where it's going. They need to smacked across the face with growth and earnings on such a massive scale that it's impossible to ignore and Q3/Q4 2022 will provide that.

And that doesn't even account of if Tesla reaches wide release of FSD this year which would be the mother all of slaps

Wouldn't this be a good time to get back in to those two names?
I know that my opinion is not popular, but I think there’s high probability, that this is just the beginning. Of course i’m not sure. If I were, I would be 100% cash. Now I’m only 50%.

Problem with U.S. stocks is, that all the other valuation models excepted interest rate model say that S&P 500 is overvalued. If (when) interests rise, there’s no support for current valuation.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, that was already baked into the $1trn+ price.

Most, if not all downward pressure right now, is macro. Plus TSLA is slowly moving from speculative to growth/value. Nothing will happen on earnings day that will make people think "OMG, $1200 was a bargain".

But you can stick to "consipiracies... conspiracies everywhere" if you'd rather not get to grips with basic economics.
You must be correct. Just a coincidence that they’ve stopped JUST shy of -10% several times today….

No manipulation folks. You heard it here first!

this sell off is not about p/e,
its about liquidation and margin calls
and fear and get me out at all costs.

jpm has a p/e of 9 and it too is getting hit.
Banks are off because this type of mkt movement makes ppl think the fed would pause on either withdrawal of MBS purchases or rate hike.. i don’t see either of those things stopping. . BUT, I will say any talk of a .50 bps hike FIRST is most likely a non starter now.. I think we’re still looking at a .25 BPS hike POSSIBLY by March, barring a full ground war/conflict/dont’ call it an incursion in Ukraine by that time.

I know that my opinion is not popular, but I think there’s high probability, that this is just the beginning. Of course i’m not sure. If I were, I would be 100% cash. Now I’m only 50%.

Problem with U.S. stocks is, that all the other valuation models excepted interest rate model say that S&P 500 is overvalued. If (when) interests rise, there’s no support for current valuation.
Except for ya know the very basic of valuation which is the P/E of the S&P. Which after today drop combined with earnings this week and next will drop it clearly in the cheap range. In fact very cheap.

Want to say some other things that aren't supported by facts and data?

I’ve decided to wait and see if we hit the circuit breaker before using margin to buy more. I have a feeling they’re keeping it just slightly above that level to ensure that they can continue to manipulate it lower before earnings.

Edit: Just want to point out that they just did it AGAIN. We stopped just shy of -10%.

A stock needs to drop 10% in a few minutes to get halted. Lots of stocks are down today more than 10% without being halted.

The SP500 needs to drop 7% for a market wide circuit breaker. It's down 3.5% at the moment.

this sell off is not about p/e,
its about liquidation and margin calls
and fear and get me out at all costs.

jpm has a p/e of 9 and it too is getting hit.

We're getting there.

1643045653759.png

Except for ya know the very basic of valuation which is the P/E of the S&P. Which after today drop combined with earnings this week and next will drop it clearly in the cheap range. In fact very cheap.

Want to say some other things that aren't supported by facts and data?
Thank you for information. Gary Black is saying the same as I said, which is, if we correct stock valuation with interest rates, they’re not overvalued. If (when) interests rise, situation changes.

I was referring to these

Last edited:
A stock needs to drop 10% in a few minutes to get halted. Lots of stocks are down today more than 10% without being halted.

The SP500 needs to drop 7% for a market wide circuit breaker. It's down 3.5% at the moment.
They're referencing a potential uptick rule trigger, not a halt to trading.

If we dip too low today, MM's can't short tomorrow. I believe.

I’ve decided to wait and see if we hit the circuit breaker before using margin to buy more. I have a feeling they’re keeping it just slightly above that level to ensure that they can continue to manipulate it lower before earnings.

Edit: Just want to point out that they just did it AGAIN. We stopped just shy of -10%.

Unreal manipulation underway. 2x in a.m. session they let it drift to within cents of the -10% uptick-rule.

Haha if you actually follow that dude, he bleeds money. In fact, that's the bottom right now
That dude has a mass following mostly due to his position on Tesla. He went from a few mil to 20 mil pretty much in real time on youtube over the last couple of years. Don't underestimate the affect he has on his followers. I agree with Jeremy that Kevin definitely contributed more to the hysteria today.