Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve decided to wait and see if we hit the circuit breaker before using margin to buy more. I have a feeling they’re keeping it just slightly above that level to ensure that they can continue to manipulate it lower before earnings.

Edit: Just want to point out that they just did it AGAIN. We stopped just shy of -10%.

Lol, hedgies defending $850 now... but I suspect their real motivation is to avoid tripping the "Uptick Rule" so they can continue their manipulations tomorrow (watch the pre-Market for more shenanigans).

I suspect their next target is the 200-day moving average. Here's yesterday's MA(200):

sc.TSLA.200-DayChart.2022-01-21.20-00.png

Of course, they'll try to get this done before the Earnings letter is released (easier to 'cap' than to 'tail-chase').

And of course, hedgie's machinations won't amount to a hill of beans. One man has them out-numbered, out-gunned, and surrounded. It helps that his followers are agile, hostile, and mobile!

Cheers to the Longs!

Option premiums have spiked with implied volatility now at 93%. In the last year we have been below that volatility number 88% of the time. Not only is it a good time to start looking at selling calls and puts (if you're so inclined) but I suspect that such high premiums and volatility will attract a lot of traders.
Do you think that is coincidence? It's always good when the MMs and originators have higher margins. /s

Except for ya know the very basic of valuation which is the P/E of the S&P. Which after today drop combined with earnings this week and next will drop it clearly in the cheap range. In fact very cheap.

Want to say some other things that aren't supported by facts and data?
the $240 spy earnings for 2022 could be pie in the sky.
Relying on that to determine value is questionable.

Thank you for information.

I was referring to these

First Chart - Pointless
Second Chart - Value of Stock market to GDP is because Big Tech makes more profit/earnings per dollar than traditional companies and thus earnings to GDP has exploded. Nothing to see here
Third Chart - Use real S&P P/E charts/data. This is nonsense. Both of my links to disprove this
Fourth Chart - Again, S&P P/E is in value territory. You would need earnings to have a reversal to negative in a drastic way for this to mean anything...meaning you need Big Tech earnings to reverse. Nothing to show that's even remotely happening.
Fifth Chart - 10 year can and have been easily manipulated. There's no point in reading into them at all right now.

Dipped into margin at bought 50 more at $861.....im starting to think wife is right by calling me 'dumb'..... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
As per the counsel of many, if you are looking down field, then the buy points don’t matter too much if the fundamentals are solid. Personally Tesla dropped below our dollar averaged cost basis today (I didn’t step in until June of last year, and then steadily increased as I adjusted my goalposts to “more, sooner.”) I bought 22 more at $860 to round up to an even number. More money becomes available next week as our 401K withdrawals are only allowed once every 6 mos, and we can move money from those to IRA and purchase more. This is the only way to purchase stock in our company retirement plans. This time I plan to park a lot more money in the IRA for future purchases. My other half and I have agreed on a share total..

the $240 spy earnings for 2022 could be pie in the sky.
Relying on that to determine value is questionable.
Considering a huge amount of the estimate comes from the Big Tech......yeah I don't see it. There's zero reason to think that and in fact, earnings have routinely come in stronger than expectations.....that why the S&P is where it's at today. To think that's suddenly going to change with no underlining reason is beyond silly to me.

Interesting. So meet Kevin sold off everything and went short. Jeremy speculates today's heavy selling on youtube stocks may have something to do with people following Kevin on fear.

good. hope he stays short. the less meat puppets in the unintentional cottage industry that has become, the better. flush ‘em out baby! reckless uncle leo can sit right next to him! it’s one thing to talk trading on the forum threads or reddit etc. it’s another to announce to the masses. begging to get tuned up.

Yee of little faith ;)

And that doesn't even account of if Tesla reaches wide release of FSD this year which would be the mother all of slaps
FSD (city street) would really need to be reliable, but I don't see that happening this year after seeing how FSD Beta 10.x has iterated. I'm guessing once we hit FSD Beta v11, that will probably remain in development for the remainder of this year. FSD on v12 might be when we can get our hopes up on its valuation. Robotaxi is definitely when the auto industry and the market would get some slaps in their face, but that will be ways off.

It's an absolute massacre today. There is red blood flowing everywhere, a true battlefield. Have I become so desensitised to volatility by HODLing TSLA for years that it doesn't even phase me one bit? I'm literally not batting an eyelid. Does that make me wise or a fool?
If I didn't have put spreads sold all over the place I wouldn't be concerned at all.

And that's a good thing for all non-options people to remember. TSLA is by far the largest options market. For entities that want to accumulate TSLA shares, there are often better ways to get them than asking a bunch of fans their price and then buying!

The amount of money being made, and shares accumulated, in this dip is astronomical. Most of the market assumed one thing and bought/sold options accordingly. It then became advantageous for the big boys to crush SP, there was just waaaaay too much money hanging out there for the taking.

This like all dips will unwind. Earnings will be far too good.

Interesting. So meet Kevin sold off everything and went short. Jeremy speculates today's heavy selling on youtube stocks may have something to do with people following Kevin on fear.

Pure speculation, but Koguan Leo's tone and frequency of tweets over the last 12 hours has me concerned that his use of margin has become or is dangerously close to becoming a problem for him.

If I were to pick one that will impact the stock price/markets to the downside, I will go out on a limb and say it might be Koguan's margin calls :). Yes I know Koguan primarily holds TSLA but TSLA is a huge sentiment stock for the market in general so it impacts the overall markets too.

• Helpful
Reactions: LightngMcQueen