Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While this thread doesn't have the audience of Twitter, I think it's safe to assume it is widely known and all of the major players have eyes here. I wouldn't post anything here that you aren't comfortable sharing with the entire world.
agreed.

and i make no apologies for what i said
i don’t wish them harm, of course.

but i don’t think we should grant these people much of an audience either. they don’t seem to know their asses from their elbows. and the avg joe shouldn’t look to them for ‘advice’ or signaling

Last edited:
"What's there to be happy about? Job's not finished..." --KB24
I like this one: "I can't relate to lazy people. We don't speak the same language. I don't understand you. I don't want to understand you."

Those that jumped into $TSLA looking to make a quick $$ that have panic sold are the exact lazy ones that don't do their homework and understand what is coming real soon!!

So you say that this time it is different? Only old geezers think, that we will always have regression to the mean, as has been since written stock history?

Disclaimer; I’m old geezer.
I think again, for this market to be overvalued and for all of those charts/metrics (which are not actual data charts btw, they're charts trying to forecast a return to average) you would need for tech earnings to not only stagnate but actually drop. Just remember that once technology is implemented into a consumer life and especially a business process, it virtually impossible to un-sync them. Tech revenues are that sticky. Then add in the fact that tech's costs of running operations aren't hit by inflation and tech's products are inherently deflationary.....what you have is revenue and earnings that will continue on it's trend/pace for many, many years.

I would suggest looking through data/metrics of the S&P WITHOUT including tech earnings. If you do that, then all of those charts you posted would be skewed back to historical averages.

at the worst possible time ever.
912AE3FC-FC35-4D25-A036-302D679478F1.jpeg

When the band plugs in, but then you'll be covering your ears.

View attachment 759504
Brings to mind an anecdote I heard yesterday from a relative:

An elderly man goes to a clinic and seeks care for a partial loss of hearing. The nurse picks out the earplugs he put in months earlier when accompanying a grandchild to a rock concert.

I think again, for this market to be overvalued and for all of those charts/metrics (which are not actual data charts btw, they're charts trying to forecast a return to average) you would need for tech earnings to not only stagnate but actually drop. Just remember that once technology is implemented into a consumer life and especially a business process, it virtually impossible to un-sync them. Tech revenues are that sticky. Then add in the fact that tech's costs of running operations aren't hit by inflation and tech's products are inherently deflationary.....what you have is revenue and earnings that will continue on it's trend/pace for many, many years.

I would suggest looking through data/metrics of the S&P WITHOUT including tech earnings. If you do that, then all of those charts you posted would be skewed back to historical averages.
Thank you for your answer.

I think I read exactly the same during the dot.com bubble 🙂

Time will tell.

Thank you for your answer. Time will tell.

I think read exactly the same during the dot.com bubble 🙂

Just a friendly suggestion, take the time to go back to 1999/2000 and look at the earnings at that time, the ratio of stocks trading that had earnings and didn't, the quality of earnings, etc..........and then compare to today. I think when you do that for yourself, you'll see what the differences are :)

Btw, I absolutely agree that there was a tremendous amount of froth and speculative positions in the market, the meme stocks, crypto etc.....that did have characteristics of the dot.com bust. The difference is the fundamentals of the actual market. The froth/speculation in the market over the past year was a tiny % compared to what it was in the dot.com era. Many of the high P/E stocks or stocks with no earnings at all haven't been crashing just over the past 2 weeks. They were crashing all throughout 2021.

Last edited:
So you say that this time it is different? Only old geezers think, that we will always have regression to the mean, as has been since written stock history?

Disclaimer; I’m old geezer.

What is the mean? Maybe we have already regressed back to the mean, with TSLA 30% down since ATH a few months ago.

Simply incredible manipulation today. Macros helping to cover it up a bit, but it is there on steroids. The selling that has happened the few times TSLA has crossed $900 has been epic. Other round #s have been also fought hard - happening right now at $890. The spoofing can be seen when simply watching the Level II trading screen. In addition, as others have pointed out, TSLA had that magic bounce just short of the 10% decline that would have hampered the shorts. The SEC should take notice and then take action, but it won't.