Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don't know if that was a buy or a sell though. On yahoo finances, it's showing as a sell block 🤷‍♂️

Btw, earlier today I would have sided with the camp that said there's nothing fishy going on with how much TSLA is down today since it was down mostly it's beta average......but the stock has been heavily spoofed for the past 1-2 hours as the macro's have recovered. So now I'm switching camps.

Edit: Now it's very obvious what's going on 🥴

Last edited:
It's an absolute massacre today. There is red blood flowing everywhere, a true battlefield. Have I become so desensitised to volatility by HODLing TSLA for years that it doesn't even phase me one bit? I'm literally not batting an eyelid. Does that make me wise or a fool?
Let me know when blue blood starts flowing.

I don't want to instigate hype but isn't it a bit conspicuous that the Cybertruck was brought back to Austin right before earnings call where we're supposed to get a products update.......and we know Elon will be at Giga Austin for the earnings call.

Is it just me, or does this prototype look a lot smaller than the last one? I mean, we knew it was going to get smaller, but this one somehow looks a LOT smaller to me.

We don't know if that was a buy or a sell though. On yahoo finances, it's showing as a sell block 🤷‍♂️

Btw, earlier today I would have sided with the camp that said there's nothing fishy going on with how much TSLA is down today since it was down mostly it's beta average......but the stock has been heavily spoofed for the past 1-2 hours as the macro's have recovered. So now I'm switching camps.

Edit: Now it's very obvious what's going on 🥴
OK so I have not been investing that long. But don't we need one of each? For a transaction to happen?

Where are we now on this chart?

Attachments

• 93152032-788D-4440-8E35-60F1CBF1253D.jpeg
    93152032-788D-4440-8E35-60F1CBF1253D.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 107
Something to be aware of... the last time I got a margin call (2020 covid dip), it was because ETrade raised margin requirements on TSLA in my account with no warning, because my portfolio was too highly concentrated in TSLA. One day I had mid-6 figures of available margin, the next day I got a margin call.

I have since diversified a bit (ARKK, ARKG, ESGV, HASI, STLD, BPTRX) to hopefully prevent that from happening.
That's terrifying.. knowledge added, ty.

Or a massive short position? Either way....since that trade, TSLA is performing worse and worse against it's beta since.

Well - if I could find 1.6B in my couch I'd be happy to be the buyer. 😁

Edit: Fixed hillarious auto correct (was coach)( 😶‍🌫️ )

Last edited:
It's an absolute massacre today. There is red blood flowing everywhere, a true battlefield. Have I become so desensitised to volatility by HODLing TSLA for years that it doesn't even phase me one bit? I'm literally not batting an eyelid. Does that make me wise or a fool?

Back in the late 1980s, there was a day like this. While I was driving over to my local brokerage, to deposit some 'dry powder', I heard about it on the radio. Upon arriving, there was a local TV station camera crew and reporter in the lobby attempting to interview traders. While I managed to avoid them on the way in, I wasn't so successful on the way out. So when the reporter snagged on me, I simply spewed some of the stuff I'd heard on the radio while driving in. Then... as a lifelong HODLer - which I still am, I shrugged and said "But I invest for the long term. So these short term dips don't bother me much." Then walked away.

Next morning at work, several of my colleagues told me they saw me on TV and were laughing their *sses off. :D

PTRA almost back to green after being 12% down and RIVN is recovering well and Tesla not so much 😢
Yeah the past 2 hours of trading have not been great for TSLA. Downright ugly. Clear capping using spoofing. Wall St making sure they can get as many shares at these prices as possible before Wednesday

Considering a huge amount of the estimate comes from the Big Tech......yeah I don't see it. There's zero reason to think that and in fact, earnings have routinely come in stronger than expectations.....that why the S&P is where it's at today. To think that's suddenly going to change with no underlining reason is beyond silly to me.

Big tech isn’t as huge a percentage of total profits as I think you think they are.

If you add together Apple ($100b), Microsoft ($70b), Google ($60), Facebook ($40b), and Amazon ($30b), you get about $300 billion.

Total Corporate profits as a share of GDP is 12%. 12% of $23.2 trillion is ~$2.8 trillion.

So the big tech 5 is about 11% of total, meaning that even if they grow at 30% all it would take is a 3-4% drop of everyone else to counter it completely.

(In reality, the share of profits is probably even lower than that, as much of it is offshored to places like Ireland and counts in their GDP not ours…)