Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got my eye on $1100, but they weren't even worth it 30 minutes ago. Ridiculous premiums.,

This might be a YOLO-free earnings report for me.
Thanks for sharing! @TheTalkingMule , what's your target premium price for that? I might just try a contract or two for fun and a little learning. Last I played with weeklies a year or so ago, I have to hand it to myself for passing up an easy $60k gain for a nice, decisive $300k loss instead, thus assuring myself a nice, decisive lesson on Theta decay, so at least there's that.

I like Tesla's chances if that is all they can base their crumble on....I had a lot of issues with my 2013 Model S, but still ended up buying a 2022 MYP....Growing pains...Don't they understand that as time goes on, *sugar* just gets better?
As I recall, those of us who purchased in 2013 purchased the worst car Tesla would ever build. However, my experience was "if that's the worst, the best will be really something".

It's not just the U.S. and GM/UAW, it's becoming obvious everywhere now that automakers DO NOT have the battery supply they need to meet their emissions / carbon reduction goals. The solution: move the goal posts:

Germany reverses course, will count hybrids in 2030 electrification goal

VW's Diess recently admitted it's next to impossible for VW Group to build the 6 battery factories they'd need by 2030 to supply their production targets. So, a few bucks to politicians and SHAZAM no more need batteries...

I only trust Tesla on Climate; certainly National Governments CAN NOT be trusted to carry through on their commitments. Do you know why they held COP26 in Glasgow this year? Because 26 straight years of doing nothing on Climate action deserves a fine single malt to celebrate. /S
They can build whatever combination of ICE/BEV fits in their comfort zone, but will there be buyers? Consumers will recognize they want only BEV long before legacy ICE can admit the market has left them.
Legacy companies are truly screwed and it's their own doing. They are planning production around future battery volumes 3-5 years ahead of now that will be wholly inadequate when they arrive.
I think of it as them throwing darts with eyes closed, only to find when they open them that the game was long over, and they had lost while still in mid-turn.

It's for real. My gift to all of you.
As the normal Gigapresses in Berlin&Texas have been running for months, without producing cars with their output, 'Starting' sadly doesn't have to imply much.
Given the claimed bigger casting size, I'd expect even longer dial-in and bring-up.
Or do you have actual insight into the production schedule?

Otherwise it only pumps the hype and creates frustration if the official/actual production start stays at late '22 / 2023.

Last edited:
Not sure if you missed this but @buttershrimp has been a part of this and the "other" thread for a long time and is a sarcastic one for sure and I love him for it.
So I would put a small wager on him just playing around.....
He's in Austin, so may have been creeping around inside the Giga after hours.

edit: oops, should have read further. He came back to visit his old buddies.

As the normal Gigapresses in Berlin&Texas have been running for months, without producing cars with their output. 'Starting' sadly doesn't have to imply much.
Given the claimed even bigger casting size, I'd expect even longer dial-in and bring-up.

Otherwise it only pumps the hype and creates frustration if the official/actual production start stays at late '22 / 2023.
If it is in place now, I think it suggests the late 2022 start date and little else. I wouldn’t hold my breath for an earlier start than that even if we saw castings in the dumpster next week. It wound be fantastic news in that it is a vital piece which needs to be in place, but doesn’t necessarily update timelines.

As the normal Gigapresses in Berlin&Texas have been running for months, without producing cars with their output. 'Starting' sadly doesn't have to imply much.
Given the claimed even bigger casting size, I'd expect even longer dial-in and bring-up.

I'd think it takes hundreds of experimental tests for each casting to calibrate and optimize all the variables for reliable final products with no surprises.