Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a common misunderstanding that the perfection of the paint job of a car should be proportional to its MSRP but it's well known that multi-million-dollar exotics made in low numbers are notorious for having worse paint than a common Kia. Generally speaking, perfection of the paint job increases with volume of manufacture, not with the purchase price. Rolls Royce is a notable exception, but Tesla will never be like Rolls Royce. That said, I bet the paint on most Roadsters will be nearly flawless but not often flawless.
That notable exception seems to have been achieved without actually examining a Rolls-Royce car.

I vote that several of us go intern at the Big MM's...that way....in the event they 'forget' and leave us in charge of the 'buy and sell' buttons....we know exactly what to do ;)
That's the kind of thinking we've been missing around here!

Looks like the hedgies and big banks are fine not waiting for Powell to actually speak. I doubt the speech leaked so much as once Powell hit the print button last night, they could stop hammering stocks to keep him from tightening faster. Scumbags.

• Funny
Reactions: M|S|M MYP
In other related "Hybrid made to look like an EV" news:

1643219660920.png

ARK Invest just had their 2022 Ideas Summit yesterday and here is the segment on Autonomous Ride-Hailing by Tasha Keeney. Starts at the 3:10:29 mark. I really like this graph from her presentation.

Look at the Fuel Revenue decline :)

Also, another idea just came to me on how I would use this tech - getting an autonomous EV truck to deliver wood from Lowes/Home Depot. We always have to borrow a family/friend's truck + the time involved in that transaction plus driving to and from to the store. Then there have been times where I have had to go back 3 times in one day, so 10 minutes to the store + getting back x 3 = 1 hour. When you're trying to get a project finished in one day, that hour is important.

Just let the vehicle bring the product straight to the house from the store!

Screenshot 2022-01-26 114707.png

Last edited:

Like how Philippe emphasizes that while other options will appear, profitability is the real story.

boom goes the dynamite.
The major bear argument now (still) is competition. X company will have an EV with longer range, or 800v charging (bigger number must be better!).

Fortunately for us that doesn't even matter. Even if Tesla lets some other brand take the crown for range or performance, with such a fast transition to EVs it's all about volume and profitability. Who cares if your EV is better if nobody can buy one, or you can't sell it at a real profit.

The major bear argument now (still) is competition. X company will have an EV with longer range, or 800v charging (bigger number must be better!).

Fortunately for us that doesn't even matter. Even if Tesla lets some other brand take the crown for range or performance, with such a fast transition to EVs it's all about volume and profitability. Who cares if your EV is better if nobody can buy one, or you can't sell it at a real profit.
800v with 0.5% penetration charging station infrastructure globally doesn't quite scare me much. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Also, another idea just came to me on how I would use this tech - getting an autonomous EV truck to deliver wood from Lowes/Home Depot. We always have to borrow a family/friend's truck + the time involved in that transaction plus driving to and from to the store. Then there have been times where I have had to go back 3 times in one day, so 10 minutes to the store x getting back x 3 = 1 hour. When you're trying to get a project finished in one day, that hour is important.

Just let the vehicle bring the product straight to the house from the store!
So many opportunities. Imagine HD loading up a van with all your supplies and sending it out to a job site, or your home. Or a mobile automated pizza truck cooking your pizza on it's way to your home, while it texts your neighbors "we are nearby, buy a pizza for 20% off if you order now". Autonomous RVs will be mobile hotel rooms, replacing both a hotel night AND the flight to get to your destination.

I almost exclusively use delivery services for my groceries now. Opportunity cost on my time is just too high.

But Tesla has the necessary data and they address this very issue on just about every earnings call.

Interesting. You have provided a long statement and several times pointed to Tesla as the source of data.

Simple question, precisely what data provided by Tesla should investor’s require to assess the effective of Tesla service? First principles focus is best. What is the metric that tells the story?

Reactions: Knightshade