Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for the tweet but can't find it, but I believe it was made in response to a question about the cybertruck.

I think it was something like "can we get an update on cybertruck?" "yes, we will give a product roadmap update on earnings call" so not 100% clear if it is a products road map update or just a single product update

Jim Hall sent this tweet to Elon on Dec 3, 2021:

Elon replied as noted above:

Then how would you explain Teslas massive run with no guidance?
If you're referring to the stock prior to the earnings release, it's all about speculation. But do note that your current question changed the original situation of once an earnings is released, how would the stock move. That is, your question changed the timeline of reference. If I misunderstood your question, feel free to clarify. But that's how I understood what you asked.

I should tell my daughter to start making youtube videos about her Tesla experience then.
She also worked for Tesla for 4 months last summer as an intern at the Kato road new battery line, she was a member of the team (8 people) working on tuning the dry battery electrode production line (now she is back at Halifax continuing her PhD in Jeff's lab).
BTW, her boyfriend has worked for Tesla for over 5 years as a service engineer, so he could fill a whole channel with his experiences, LOL.

ps: And no, I ain't tellin you nothin' about the status of DBE prod line for 4680s -- NDA and all that

View attachment 760453
I think you saying she was part of a team tuning the DBE line and then saying she has finished her role at Tesla is more than enough information for us to be happy with.

Last edited:
I think TSLA going to run up to 1050 prior to earnings

You had to jinx it!!!

pmvemcM.gif

If you're referring to the stock prior to the earnings release, it's all about speculation. But do note that your current question changed the original situation of once an earnings is released, how would the stock move. That is, your question changed the timeline of reference. If I misunderstood your question, feel free to clarify. But that's how I understood what you asked.
I was responding to you when you said that guidance is the metric I need to be looking at, yet when applying that very thinking to the company that this forum is about, that doesn't work because Tesla has set no guidance and moves based solely on EPS. I understand that perhaps guidance is mover, but so is EPS. One in the same. Cheers

What's wrong with posting quotes from the presentation? I always like to see what other members find valuable. Sometimes I see something important that flew right over my head the first time.
MODERATOR:
@Buckminster is not a Moderator. MOST of his tips and suggestions are good and rarely - if ever - before have I stepped in to say anything differently. Nevertheless, what he writes are NOT thread rules.

In this situation, posting quotes from the presentation are welcome.…OTHER THAN ONLY IF THE “NOT EARLIER POSTED“ request is not violated.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Time
Powell isn't giving clarity on the balance sheet questions and didn't rule out interest rate increases at consecutive meetings (which would be faster than the last guidance). This is more hawkish than dovish.

I disagree. To rule out increases in consecutive meetings implies decisions have been made for the entirety of 2022. That's simply never going to get a yes answer. That answer is neutral, a yes would have been a wildly dovish shift.

We are all good folks, relax! Jerome said exactly what we needed to hear.