Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. That only got it to 955. I'm watching live time & sales during the call. Peaked pretty much just as Elon turned it over to Zach. Been heading down since, even with Elon speaking now. When Elon said FSD this year that did cause an $9 dip for a short while.
The market doesn't react within milliseconds to that data... 970 was based on the growth statement.

FYI - best way to hear the ER live I found is looking at Farzad M on YouTube - has live transcript/ emojis

edit: he made his notes available
Key takeaway: "Everything pales in comparison to the value of RoboTaxi and FSD" Elon

TSLA.4QER.Farzad.jpg

Last edited:
NO, the reading the lines is that you and others are asking the wrong question. FSD makes transportation cheaper, thus focus on FSD.
It sounded like he was saying they have enough challenge filling orders for a LONG time, even with expanding factories and by the time a normal company would get around to filling a Model 2 slot, he hopes to have robo taxis making cars at that price level moot. He may be wrong but his appetite for visionary leaps is of course known.

No, it dropped when Elon starts talking about challenges, no new products, etc. He needs to stay away from all future earnings calls.

I don't understand the fixation people have with the micro-moves of the stock price. Ten dollars, thirty dollars, fifty dollars. Who really cares and do you really think these little moves have any 'stickiness' to them? Are people here invested for the next 5 minutes or the incredible future this civilization changing company is rolling out as we watch?

I love hearing from Elon, along with his team, he's responsible for the success of this company.

You folks need to get over these algo moves in SP. And this is coming from a guy with ITM put spreads.

Elon can say whatever he likes. It's worked out prettaaaaaay prettaaaaaay prettaaaaaay good so far.

This quarter was mind blowingly amazing and the only negative is a one-time tax expense from Elon selling stock like an Elon. I can assure you the banks know how to back that out and do the math.

When they do we're headed to an ATH. Might take a month or two if some MM's need to keep certain options contracts OTM, but this level of execution can't be ignored now. The cash is flowing and the growth is irrefutable.

So scrapping the $25k car and comments about hvac as being some day, makes me think that a very large portion of their R&D is now focused on Optimus.

In a few sentences, Elon gave an almost chilling vision of the impact of Optimus. What does an economy look like when there is no labor shortage? And when labor is really cheap…

"Lot of technologies on the cybertruck that will take time to work through" then discussed how it might not be affordable and how can we figure out how to make it affordable. Yikes.
I was optimistic about that. Lots of pessimism about huge price increase, I was extremely happy to hear they are still super focused on making this affordable.

Reactions: CHGolferJim
Hearing over and over about the mind-blowing profits that will come from something Tesla has never delivered and has shown no serious progress towards delivering is simply not useful. They should just stop talking about it until it's real.

I'm driving the beta every day and it's nowhere near good enough, and there has been no step change apparent. It's slowly, slowly getting better and there's no indication that it's asymptotic with functionally useful beyond being an assistant on local streets.