Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The market doesn't react within milliseconds to that data... 970 was based on the growth statement.
The drop from "FSD end of this year" was perfectly followed by the $9 drop, fraction of a second later. A few other comments had obvious real-time (less than 1 second) responses. I have no reason to believe others aren't equally correlated.

Hearing over and over about the mind-blowing profits that will come from something Tesla has never delivered and has shown no serious progress towards delivering is simply not useful. They should just stop talking about it until it's real.

I'm driving the beta every day and it's nowhere near good enough, and there has been no step change apparent. It's slowly, slowly getting better and there's no indication that it's asymptotic with functionally useful beyond being an assistant on local streets.
Don't be shocked if Elon is:)

Reactions: Zhelko Dimic
In a few sentences, Elon gave an almost chilling vision of the impact of Optimus. What does an economy look like when there is no labor shortage? And when labor is really cheap…

Of late I've given this some thought. One idea kept popping up for me.

What if Universal Basic Income comes to realization via private funding, rather than through government?

What if the very nature of supply and demand pivots upon the producer seducing the user to choose their product because the customer is getting financial benefit for doing so. Like what was spoken of in the Earnings Call regarding insurance encouraging customers to drive safer because of the immediate financial reward that comes from it.

If cost of both energy and labor ultimately make the cost of production insignificant, value will be the greatest determining factor in securing a business their success.

Food for thought.

Last edited:
I don't understand the fixation people have with the micro-moves of the stock price. Ten dollars, thirty dollars, fifty dollars. Who really cares and do you really think these little moves have any 'stickiness' to them? Are people here invested for the next 5 minutes or the incredible future this civilization changing company is rolling out as we watch?

I love hearing from Elon, along with his team, he's responsible for the success of this company.
I agree. I suppose to a certain degree it becomes like watching the scoreboard at a football game for folks.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 6.21.18 PM.png

Analyst: If you're not doing a 25k car and you said you're thinking 250k cybertrucks a year- how do you get to 3.2 million or more vehicles in 2024 per >50% YoY guidance?

Elon: YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND FSD!

...what?
There is no reason to build a $25k car if a $60k car can 'replicate' itself into the equivalent of 5 cars. Like @AudubonB said Elon is quadrupling down on FSD. He is thinking way ahead of everyone.