Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought due to all this discusssion of stop signs I'd give us all a break with Norwegian sales data.
Unfortunately there seems to be no sales of Tesla this January, which of course is not unusual.
But the crazy thing this month is there were sold 175 gasoline cars of all types out of a total sale of 7957 cars. That is almost as much as the number of Porsche Taycans sold this January which was 181.
So yes there were more high-end Porsche EVs sold than all the gasoline cars this month. That does show what can happen to ICE sales in other countries I guess in a few years.
Well, I’ll give an update for the Netherlands where hydrogen is clearly gaining traction. The Toyota Mirai outsold the Tesla model 3 (bestselling BEV in Europe) 3 to 1 (This was easy to calculate as these numbers are equal to the number of these vehicles sold).

BEVs in Januari 2831, 9.5% of 29872 Total person vehicles sold.

I thought due to all this discusssion of stop signs I'd give us all a break with Norwegian sales data.
Unfortunately there seems to be no sales of Tesla this January, which of course is not unusual.
But the crazy thing this month is there were sold 175 gasoline cars of all types out of a total sale of 7957 cars. That is almost as much as the number of Porsche Taycans sold this January which was 181.
So yes there were more high-end Porsche EVs sold than all the gasoline cars this month. That does show what can happen to ICE sales in other countries I guess in a few years.
Gordon will be sure to point out that Norwegian sales data showed "no sales of Tesla this January" and thus Tesla is going to be a poor investment.

• Funny
Reactions: aGreenGuy and Cobos
Well, I’ll give an update for the Netherlands where hydrogen is clearly gaining traction. The Toyota Mirai outsold the Tesla model 3 (bestselling BEV in Europe) 3 to 1 (This was easy to calculate as these numbers are equal to the number of these vehicles sold).

BEVs in Januari 2831, 9.5% of 29872 Total person vehicles sold.
So, hydrogen is ballooning in NL? :)

Too funny to not post (my last post on GM's earnings)

I extrapolated for when GM will be the leaders.

gm.png

I don’t know man, everything is so bizarre that it makes you wonder what the hell they have planned or what’s the end game.

This lies and completely weird behavior can’t be that they are that stupid. They definitely know what they are doing. 🤨

Or maybe a pure case of Hanlon’s Razor?

You did it Mary, you led.

Only according to Lord Voldemort *
* aka the name that cannot be spoken

GM is trash, ignoring them in the context of the current market. What AMD, GOOG, AAPL is proving is that the bears can GTFO. Some companies are worth their price and more.

The name of that company cannot also be spoken, by the person who 's name that cannot be spoken.

I don’t know man, everything is so bizarre that it makes you wonder what the hell they have planned or what’s the end game.

This lies and completely weird behavior can’t be that they are that stupid. They definitely know what they are doing. 🤨

Or maybe a pure case of Hanlon’s Razor?
Of course they know what they are doing. So does Voldemort.

Lies are all they have left to try and slow / stop people from going to Tesla

You might be disappointed then because on the earnings call, Tesla made it seem like they're going blend the production of Fremont and Austin Y's together with the same specs (with the Austin Y using the 4680 cells/structural pack which means overall less cells needed). So there would be no way of knowing if you have a Fremont or Austin made Y at the point of delivery.....and I'm sure if you tried to decline the delivery over it being a Fremont made Y, they'll cancel your order and make you pay the new/higher sale price.

I was thinking they were going to announce a Austin specific Model Y like a Plaid version or extra range version but seems not. Seems like a missed opportunity on their part but oh well
As long as you can inspect the car before taking delivery all you need is the VIN to know. For that matter you would know before you drive to the delivery center and could just reconfirm the VIN when you get there.

California VINs and Texas VINs will be easy to tell apart. The only way it'd be confusing is if one states factory started using both types of batteries.

I thought an interesting tidbit from the call was the 0.25M CT production plans.

By next year, Tesla will be at a 2-3M / year run rate, so CT will only provide ~ !0% growth even if it fully ramps, which is only 20% of the growth they need in 2023.

They also talked about debating features vs cost.

i wonder if this indicates CT will be much more expensive?

Of course they know what they are doing. So does Voldemort.

Lies are all they have left to try and slow / stop people from going to Tesla
/on soapbox

I think it is simply pumping the stock. I hope I am wrong and they actually compete with a new product, but I highly doubt it. They'll go down in flames before admitting to anyone anywhere that they have no idea how to make an EV that can compete with Tesla.

/off soapbox

Funny to think of even this ridiculous $10.1 2022 EPS estimate from the street. If SP stays flat, that's a PE of 92. At our conservative EPS estimate around $16.5, that's a PE of 56. Same as Walmart......who is showing a staggering 3% y-o-y growth.

At some point, earnings will matter.

Did I just say that on a Tesla fan forum? Times have changed!

Those EPS numbers are non-GAAP, whereas P/E ratio is usually based off of GAAP numbers. Therefore, Tesla's actual EPS in those scenarios will be slightly higher than your 92 and 56.