Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crashed cars are not safe makeshift home backup power solutions. Crashed cars are recycled for parts and materials (including the batteries). Unless this is you:
apparently you've not dealt with an insurance claim in the recent past.

I've seen cars "totaled" that look pristine show room quality from most views standing around the car.

With modern crumple zones you can have a car that isn't worth fixing for road use that has 100% working electronics and no safety issues as a stationary device. At least in a world where Tesla won't recertify it for road use if it's "totaled" and insurance adjusters won't travel to see the wreck. Perfectly fine cars get totaled based on photos taken and sent over the internet now that would have been fixed in years past.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
My pregnant wife has been sleeping on the couch next to me for the past 2 hours since I got home. I've cooked all of diner and asked her to get the pasta in the water (Easy way to get her up and moving!). But no, she asks me "When are we getting a Teslabot?". I think there is market potential here...
I, too, am looking forward to having a Botler around my home.

I despise FB as a company and wish them nothing but bankruptcy and irrelevance, but do we find it strange a 4.4% miss on earnings plus a slight revenue beat equates to a 23% drop in AH share price?

Any wagers on where FB closes Thursday and Friday? I'ma say -11% Thursday then another -2% Friday.
I think it was as much the outlook as anything.

That plus the fact that more and more it’s becoming clear that Facebook is not necessarily the monopoly people thought it was.

I think a lot of people have perceived Facebook as a necessary evil. Not that it turns out it’s not that necessary, all that’s left is the evil.

I despise FB as a company and wish them nothing but bankruptcy and irrelevance, but do we find it strange a 4.4% miss on earnings plus a slight revenue beat equates to a 23% drop in AH share price?

Any wagers on where FB closes Thursday and Friday? I'ma say -11% Thursday then another -2% Friday.
Well they also said they lose $10B a year on this Metaverse stuff that literally no one cares about and they plan on losing money on Metaverse for 15 years and the Apple app privacy policy has resulted in a $10B haircut on their ad revenues. What they said was genuinely concerning, like they literally don't know what they are doing to try and pivot away from their aging and declining ad business in Facebook which no Zoomer uses and everyone knows it. Facebook is facing a demographic decline as dangerous as Japan or China's in terms of their user base.

Even NFLX didn't sound as alarming and clueless as FB did. NFLX was just like well, Disney+ exists now, we'll work on it. But FB? Zuckerberg is one of the 5 richest men on Earth from a company which built everything it has from stealing other people's ideas or just buying them out to neutralize competition. But now they are finding even though they own Whatsapp and Instagram, the one thing they cannot touch is TikTok because that's a Chinese company and it's eating them alive in the battle for the eyeballs of the next generation.

Well they also said they lose $10B a year on this Metaverse stuff that literally no one cares about and they plan on losing money on Metaverse for 15 years and the Apple app privacy policy has resulted in a $10B haircut on their ad revenues. What they said was genuinely concerning, like they literally don't know what they are doing to try and pivot away from their aging and declining ad business in Facebook which no Zoomer uses and everyone knows it. Facebook is facing a demographic decline as dangerous as Japan or China's in terms of their user base.

Even NFLX didn't sound as alarming and clueless as FB did. NFLX was just like well, Disney+ exists now, we'll work on it. But FB? Zuckerberg is one of the 5 richest men on Earth from a company which built everything it has from stealing other people's ideas or just buying them out to neutralize competition. But now they are finding even though they own Whatsapp and Instagram, the one thing they cannot touch is TikTok because that's a Chinese company and it's eating them alive in the battle for the eyeballs of the next generation.
Also the number of facebook users on facebook actually dropped for the first time ever in the quarter.

Not yet. The number of users dropped from 1.97 billion to 1.93 billion. There are still 1.93 billion humans using Facebook. Humanity is still a long way from hope.
Also read that Reality labs - a new dept for hardware for the meta verse lost 10B for the year, 3B + for the quarter

Let’s hope the BOTS are run with a fixed budget and R&D is not a huge number that eats up all the profits… and barnacles will have to be removed afterwards
Cheers

Also read that Reality labs - a new dept for hardware for the meta verse lost 10B for the year, 3B + for the quarter

Let’s hope the BOTS are run with a fixed budget and R&D is not a huge number that eats up all the profits… and barnacles will have to be removed afterwards
Cheers
I don't think developing and building Bots will be expensive.

But there is one key difference, everyone understands Bots, and can think out how they would use one. Very few understand Meta Verse, or have much interest in it. It can't make anything, at best it is entertainment and marketing.

Meta Verse might grow into something useful and profitable, or it might not. The hard part is getting a critical mass of early adopters.

All social media can potentially be disrupted by a new and better social media platform. A platform is only as good as the people posting on it or interacting with it.

Twitter has the advantage in that it seems like a quick low effort interaction, if someone has to spend 30 mins roaming around in Meta Verse before they can do something useful, most will leave after 5 mins.

With the Bot once it is trained, it responds quickly to any request. Training is the hard and time consuming part.

Nah...then Fred wins....and we know he's def not a winner because he doesn't deserve sprinkles ever!!
But we are a supporting the mission of Telsa if Fred from Electrek continue in this direction the mission maybe failed they not said 2000 casrs arrived in Israel they not said Panasonic soon starting to build 4860 new batteries for Tesla IN priority but published 4 bad articles with non sens in 2 hours !!!!
We need to stop that ! Friends of Elon is 40M on twitter if only a part of this make action we can win like this guy that making AD on giants screen yeterday for Biden "let's sayTesla"

Reactions: bkp_duke
Turo sort of launched in UK a few years ago, but didn't take off as far as I know.

The first few customer Model Y's are incoming to UK right now, many more to follow. I suspect that demand for the Model Y will be huge.

Coincidentally (or not), new announcements/tweets from the UK Tesla club/Turo...

1643886129467.png

As I’ve stated before in this thread, historically oil and ICE vehicles have made up a large percentage of the us trade deficit (before fracking, it was over half of it).

Oil and ICE are huge subtractors to the US economy. The US net imports about 30% of its ICE vehicles. The Us is a net exporter right now of EVs thanks to Tesla.
That's a very interesting perspective and a great point in favor of moving to EVs.

Electric cars seem to pass UK's "MOT" safety test better than ICE (on average). This test applies annually to cars older than 3 years, so no Model 3s have been tested yet, they will be tested this year. Model S (ranked number 9, highest average mileage) and X (4). Part of the test for ICE is emissions.

For older cars, emissions are a concern as you never know how the car will do and what the cost of fixing it will be. Another benefit of EVs, including Tesla - chipping away at anti-EV FUD. As these messages/understandings get out there, idea of buying a new, even used ICE will become ludicrous - MORE TESLA DEMAND.

Common MOT fails (not in order, not exhaustive) are
1) Emissions
2) Tyres
3) Brakes
4) Suspension/steering
5) Lights
6) Rust (affecting safety)

Source: Exclusive: electric cars with the best MOT records revealed | Move Electric

For ICE drivers - 11 ways to reduce your driving emissions | RAC Drive - I like number 11 "Change Your Car"
Also, table shows relative/average mileages of different cars together with UK market introduction.
1643891793429.png