Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Old news but let's revisit V2G or V2H bc I think Elon goofed up (or is coy). Consider the fact the the owners of Roadsters were probably the wealthiest around so one has to question their needs or lifestyles. It was the wrong test market study IMO... fire away!

"Musk’s comments during Battery Day also suggest that the company doesn’t think its customers are hungry enough for vehicle-to-grid capabilities yet. “Very few people would actually use vehicle-to-grid,” Musk said during Battery Day. “We actually had that with the original Roadster. We had vehicle-to-grid capabilities — nobody used it.”

Heck, I own 2 powerwalls and still find opportunities to use the vehicle for power. No I think he did it for vehicle warranty reasons (there's only so many cycles in a battery). Bring in the Million Mile battery, whole new story! I bet it returns with 4680.

Furthermore... Anyone today offering V2H will likely see this backfire as the batteries won't last if used routinely for the home. Unless they have warranty disclaimer on their battery when using for the home, Ford and others may have a new problem and don't know it yet.

What is the battery range warranty on the Ford Lightning (x% after y-years)?

So what's the explanation ...

.MaxPain tractor beam
.somebody knows something ... some filings published etc
.MM looking at the EPS/Growth list, rankings and realizing TSLA is the one to buy more of

1st one, could be short lived, so hope it is the other two. cheers!!
I know something... does that count? Here it is... Never sell your core TSLA chairs! :p
Shhhh

.MaxPain tractor beam
.MM looking at the EPS/Growth list, rankings and realizing TSLA is the one to buy more of

Amazon/Fb/netflix/paypal dragging qqq down but those with good earnings anchoring right now like Google, amd, Tesla, and microsoft.

It's like the movie 300. Thou shall not break 360 because this is Sparta!

Reactions: Artful Dodger

.MaxPain tractor beam

Money flowing out of all the crap names has to go somewhere. TSLA 30+% off it's highs looks pretty appetizing.

Money flowing out of all the crap names has to go somewhere. TSLA 30+% off it's highs looks pretty appetizing.
Growth names need to guide for growth. Those who did was handsomely rewarded and those who didn't see double digits percentage drop. Still kind of BS when it comes to Tesla as they manufactured the drip due to wiping out call options when their results clearly should have been rewarded.

.MaxPain tractor beam

Considering yesterday TSLA massively underperformed the market, I'm not putting any thought into today's move. It's nice for sure. But it just shows how easily TSLA can get whipped around at the moment.

Btw I do think the market is setting itself up to move higher and continue to rebound. Amazon down 6.5% before their earnings is a key sign. Market driving things down to a point where even if companies miss, the market can still rebound.......unless Amazon reports some truly horrific numbers/guidance

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be something if this wasn't just a lunch visit but actually was part of discussions about direct sales - I think the market would like that news. One can dream on an icy day in Texas...

Wouldn't it be great if the new Tesla Powerpack / substation near Dallas kept the lights on in its neighborhood while others went dark? That'd be worth some votes sales, I think. ;)

Greg Abbott on Twitter: "Elon Musk may not have been invited to the White House, but he has been in the Governor’s Office at the Texas Capitol. And now, Tesla’s headquarters are in Texas too. https://t.co/w8EhO4RJPw" / Twitter

Elon Musk Greg Abbott.TX state capital.2022-02-02.jpg

Cheers!

P.S. Elon really need to hook Greg up wiff da PLAID powerchair... :D

I like the upward movement.... but lets wait for a cats eyebrow raise before we get to happy.

There is no such thing as "too happy". That's as non-sensical as "too sexy", too healthy" or "too rich". The truth is I was happy before we went green and am just as happy now. We can see the gains acknowledged today, next month or next year. It doesn't really matter much when TSLA is understood although it does make the market look smarter or more efficient when it values TSLA in proportion to their position.