Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a bit bothered when they announced the atv/quad for similar reasons. Especially with one of the first pictures having kids riding with no helmets. With safety top priority, did not line up for me. Limited to 16km per hour…but it’s still fast enough to hurt someone.

And before this post gets deleted, I do feel the direction tesla is going and decisions made definitely relate to future share price.

Motorcyclists were what kept me awake 90% of my calls as a resident on duty in trauma centres. The classic story was: “we have a C5 Paraplegic man who got cut on the highway and fell and hit a post and now has insensate lower limbs, no motor function, can we transfer him to your center?” Then I was waiting 2 hours for him to arrive, classically they would arrive around 11PM, get him in the MRI and announce him bad news about his future during the middle of the night.

Glad you stopped what is probably the most dangerous transportation mode ever invented in recent human history. When my kids announce me they want to purchase a motorcycle. I will tell them “No problem as long as you learn to live in a wheelchair and find someone to digitate your bowel movements out and change your diapers for one month straight.” If they are fine living like this for 1 month, I will have no problem letting them out late on a motorcycle on slippery raining roads with unpredictable drivers around. As long as they are aware of the risk/reward ratio.

Sorry that subject pulled me in the OT zone. Kept me busy so many nights. Young patients reacted with more denial and anger from a quadriplegic or paraplegic Dx than cancer Dx.

A Tesla FSD motorcycle would be really bad news for TSLA investors because of all the negative press of the unavoidable deaths accidents would cause. There is no such thing as a motorcycle that have 5 stars in all safety ratings.

A simple request. Many of us do not send money to the likes of WSJ, NYT, Wash Po S and others. I hope that if you subscribe to these FUD factories, it's because of other needs or a willingness to take one for the TMC team. Please provide a least a bare summary (or more, without violating copyright). This will be greatly appreciated and earn you more points. And keep funds from feeding the FUD beast.

Thank you.
I always struggle with cancelling my subscription to a news outlet with a negative story on something near and dear to me. None of these outlets share all of my values, but unless I have nothing in common with them, I see a value in funding journalists.

Can we extend this idea to people who haven't programmed AI and machine learning not posting at length speculation regarding FSD?
Ahhh, now’s my time to shine.

I’ve studied AI at the graduate level. I’ve curated my own datasets and trained TinyConv on them to run on edge computing platforms in the wild.

I have absolutely no idea when FSD will be “solved.”

Glad we’ve cleared that up.

can anyone tell me any reason NOT to be scared after listening to the first 40 min of friday’s all-in pod with guest Ryan Petersen of Flexport
Ok, I went scrolling back to find it - and I can't - could you repost the link please, - so I can decide if I should fall into your camp or not. I wouldn't be asking, and not to put you on the spot, but the we were just able to complete the 401k/IRA transfer of funds and as of tomorrow, I can buy more shares.. I doubt watching the video would change my mind, but I'm anal enough, that reading your post, makes we want to watch it anyway, lol. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Boomer19
I'm assuming Cyberquad is a valid topic for discussion, given that they are presumably a future product. I'd point out for our American members, where ATVs are not generally allowed to be used on public roads, in some (all?) European countries they can be made (or are sold from the manufacturer) as street legal. Here is a link: Street Quads. Fastest Growing ATV Class in Europe.Coming to the USA? I'd look forward to input from European members as to how common they are on the streets.

(To be clear, in some US states ATVs can be operated on some public roads legally. Not on any interstate highways and usually not on "numbered" state highways)

I bring this up because I think it will be interesting to see what Tesla does with this machine (assuming it comes out). For a lot of purposes, a street legal ATV makes sense, particularly in urban areas. Smaller, so less congestion. Parks in a smaller space. Probably could get away with 120V charging. And (well, hopefully) far less expensive than automobiles, and easier and safer for new riders to master than the vehicle type that shall not be mentioned. And capable of traveling at the speed of traffic, so hopefully safer and less disruptive than bicycles. For solo commuting and running errands, it offers a lot of advantages over autos that might be "overkill" for such operation. Hopefully, if they do well in Europe or other countries, they will eventually be made legal in the US. Opens up an entirely new vehicle type, and a new market for TSLA.

ATVs designed for off-road use have a "non-differential" rear axle, meaning both wheels operate at the same speed-leading to "pushing" on turns and significant tire wear when operated on pavement. I'm hoping the CQ has an "open" differential or one where locking is optional/on demand. (and perhaps some offer this now-when I was involved with ATVs none were equipped with differentials, and only one UTV (side by side) was.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Yeah no *sugar* what kind of ****ed up post was that?
sorry, didn’t mean to scare you - just figured many would have watched that and already had been thinking about and posting about it by now

obviously we listened to what all these companies have said on their calls. tesla guided to easing by start of 2023. hopefully stays that way or quicker - worth a listen tho…much more detail about what’s going on. can be helpful to understand.

he (ryan petersen, flexport) didn’t paint a rosy picture or easy way out of supply chain mess. wondering how much weight to allocate to that, versus the mixed quarterly guidance reports, also actions by companies.
Large enterprise will be mostly unaffected, since they’ll just pay whatever market rate is for shipments (rounding error to their COGS) or will continue to vertically integrate critical parts of their supply chain. SMBs that can’t accurately forecast demand will be crushed. Not particularly relevant to Tesla.