Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. You're better buying at this price now than this price after a 3:1 split.

Tell your spouse the truth. If she calls you dumb, feel free to remind her of that in a year when the price is higher. Of course, you'll still be wrong for reasons, but that is life.
LOL...i always tell her the truth about $TSLA...i may be a fool in the short term....but i will be a genius in the long run....Proven time and time again :)....At least i will be right about one thing :)

I find it bizarre that there's so much acceptance and complacency over pretty clear shenanigans. And then even more bizarre that some here try and defend the ethics of the shenanigans. No one should sleep like a baby after the blatant manipulation the day after earnings.

I won't be in good mood until Tesla's forward p/e actually represents Tesla's actual earnings growth.....until then consider me a grumpy old man yelling at kids on the lawn ;)

If I had a dollar for every time TSLA behaved oddly, I’d be a… oh right, maybe that’s why I’m not ranting about it. :)

Seriously, if this continues for more than a couple quarters, I might do something. But it’s just a couple weeks!

Watch it's going to come in at a number where it leaves the market completely in limbo 🤣

I'm actually expecting just that. If it does, other macro catalysts of which I'm aware are Russia's potential invasion of Ukraine. On that front, Russia claims it is moving troops out of Belarus upon the cessation of military exercises there. If to be believed (big if), then that could be the start of de-escalation we're looking for and an excuse for a rally.

Otherwise, in a vacuum, CPI numbers in-line with expectations could give time for a relief rally since the next meeting of the Federal Reserve isn't until March. That gives the market weeks to play musical chairs.

My contention is that during the recent macro weakness, TSLA has traded lower in the afternoon vs. morning, compared to other similar stocks. Let's check that theory out on today's final 45 minutes of trading.
Lol, starts at 12PM? Now I'll be watching for this trend.
I think you're right and for the right reasons (having lower volume in the PM etc...).
Anyone trading on this pattern?

There is nothing but good news in the above material, but I think to be complete one must combine it with the analogous data for Small Vehicle Diesel Consumption, as I am pretty sure Norway's traditional fleet of non-commercial vehicles was skewed extremely heavily toward diesel, esp. compared to that of the US. I looked into the source material for this....and ran away.

Anyone want to take a stab?

That’s a good point. Diesel cars peaked at 75% of passenger car sales in 2011. Unfortunately the diesel sales data is not broken down by end user, so we don’t know how much has gone to heavy trucking. Nevertheless, diesel sales peaked four years ago.

What the world really needs is a great EV semi… 🤔

DCEA41B5-E796-4B54-ADB0-C7CDD8D55344.jpeg

I'm just repeatedly googling "Tesla stock split" hoping to have an impact on the algos. Get on it people.

More super-low volume with nobody really buying or selling. Easy peasy for MM's to guide us in for a soft landing around max pain. $935 this week, tho maybe we'll get a spike to $960 and a $949 close if macros cooperate. $975 next week(as of now).

I don't think this CPI number matters to TSLA as much as we just need to get the announcement behind us so volume returns. Is there truly a reality where the big banks dump big tech even further based on a number Thursday? I say no. When the money starts flowing Thursday, it'll flow where the earnings growth is.

OT but still interesting.

Watching the news on national television in Denmark. A young girl is missing after being picked up Saturday night by what seems to be a pirate taxi. The reporter makes it clear that the police is calling for any surveillance recordings. And clearly states "If you have a Tesla, please watch its sentry recordings thoroughly".

The situation is of cause extremely sad, but just another example of naturally created awareness (sorry for being morbid - it is not my intention) - and - what matters more, of cause - possibly and hopefully a helping hand for the police.

Ford CEO: We would rival Tesla right now if we were producing enough electric vehicles​

The CEO says that if Ford was able to produce as many F-150 Lightning pickups as Tesla is producing Model Y's, it would be able to sell as many.

deserves a /s except he wasn't joking ( I think )
We would be winning if we weren't losing