Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford CEO: We would rival Tesla right now if we were producing enough electric vehicles

The CEO says that if Ford was able to produce as many F-150 Lightning pickups as Tesla is producing Model Y's, it would be able to sell as many.

deserves a /s except he wasn't joking ( I think )
It's nice to be recognized by the CEO of Ford that Tesla has no rivals 👑. That article actually has a lot of good info in it but I'm sure we here have heard them all previously so nothing really groundbreaking:

"Now no one is better at producing electric vehicles in volume than Tesla, and it’s the traditional automakers who are trying to catch up....Tesla was able to grow significantly while most automakers struggled. GM delivered only a couple of BEVs last quarter while Ford just had to shut down production lines for its Mustang Mach E, its only consumer all-electric vehicle right now, due to supply chain issues."

"The CEO says that if Ford was able to produce as many F-150 Lightning pickups as Tesla is producing Model Ys, it would be able to sell as many. This is in contrast to a few years ago when legacy automakers didn’t believe in demand for electric vehicles and didn’t think that the issue would actually be the ability to manufacture them in high enough volume."

".....I still think that Ford is wrong in aiming for a 40% BEV mix in 2030. I think the company will have a hard time finding people to buy the other 60% of its vehicles."

I'm just repeatedly googling "Tesla stock split" hoping to have an impact on the algos. Get on it people.

More super-low volume with nobody really buying or selling. Easy peasy for MM's to guide us in for a soft landing around max pain. $935 this week, tho maybe we'll get a spike to $960 and a $949 close if macros cooperate. $975 next week(as of now).

I don't think this CPI number matters to TSLA as much as we just need to get the announcement behind us so volume returns. Is there truly a reality where the big banks dump big tech even further based on a number Thursday? I say no. When the money starts flowing Thursday, it'll flow where the earnings growth is.
Great....another week of ridicule from my wife!!! Hang in there y'all....we'll be rocketing again in no time.

Reactions: gillfoto
What do you propose we do regarding the shenanigans?
Um, Share Dividend?! Worked last time. Hammertime! :D

If it seems there is nothing that can be done...
Reject the premise. That's how you lock in a bad situation.

then why give up your peace and hurt your quality of life over something you cannot change?
Elon is giving up his peace, and CHOOSING his quality of life precisely so he CAN change the system.

This is why I'm here, to support Elon, and the Mission.

Viva la revolución!

edmundburke1-2x.jpg

Um, Share Dividend?! Worked last time. Hammertime! :D

Reject the premise. That's how you lock in a bad situation.

Elon is giving up his peace, and CHOOSING his quality of life precisely so he CAN change the system.

This is why I'm here, to support Elon, and the Mission.

Viva la revolución!

edmundburke1-2x.jpg
I agree with your attitude but what actions are you taking to support Elon and Tesla? We can all work on spreading facts and clearing up confusion and lies. Many of us can introduce the Tesla experience to people in person.

But specifically in regards to stock market shenanigans, what actions are you taking to change things?

What is the clown trying to say? What is he missing? Berlin and Austin?
On a serious note:
US is Fremont + Palo Alto Designstudio + Nevada + Buffalo + ServiceCenters/Galleries + Superchargers + Texas
Non China is ServiceCenters/Galleries + Superchargers + Berlin
China is Shanghai + ServiceCenters/Galleries + Superchargers

So the weighting is reasonable. But just $2B in total assets? I thought Model 3 phase 1 was >$1.5B.
Is China that much cheaper to build? Did they build that much more capital efficient? Are those assets after depreciation and those especially high in china or fair market value? Do they count debt against it?

Last edited:
OT but still interesting.

Watching the news on national television in Denmark. A young girl is missing after being picked up Saturday night by what seems to be a pirate taxi. The reporter makes it clear that the police is calling for any surveillance recordings. And clearly states "If you have a Tesla, please watch its sentry recordings thoroughly".

The situation is of cause extremely sad, but just another example of naturally created awareness (sorry for being morbid - it is not my intention) - and - what matters more, of cause - possibly and hopefully a helping hand for the police.
Oh, not OT because I bet there's future value and revenue through other vision services (lost pets, criminals...). Just rack it up with all the other software products and services we'll soon come to know and maybe even pay for in-vehicle.

Reactions: ThisStockGood
But specifically in regards to stock market shenanigans, what actions are you taking to change things?

What did an unorganized rabble of r/WSB “apes” and “degenerates” do to in Jan 2021 to bring down a Billion $$ short-selling fraud perpetrated against AMC? Why did Citadel Securities need to spend $2.3B to bailout the failed hedge fund? Could it be that Citadel's losses would have been even greater if that fund collapsed?

Do you understand that it is Cidadel (along with JPMoargas and a few others) who are constantly attacking TSLA and funding FUD against Elon?

If you think you are powerless, then you are.

What did an unorganized rabble of r/WSB “apes” and “degenerates” do to in Jan 2021 to bring down a Billion $$ short-selling fraud perpetrated against AMC? Why did Citadel Securities need to spend $2.3B to bailout the failed hedge fund? Could it be that Citadel's losses would have been even greater if that fund collapsed?

Do you understand that it is Cidadel (along with JPMoargas and a few others) who are constantly attacking TSLA and funding FUD against Elon?

Other than a public dog and pony show and a slap on the wrist, what changed as a result of that? Remember Jack Rickard's estimate on daily profit of the oil industry? What's 2.3B to them?

I don't think I'm powerless, nor anyone else. But I also don't think platitudes on a message forum are making a huge difference. I'm sincere in asking for ideas because I would like to do more to end shenanigans and see more fairness and justice in the world.

^^^ Super bullish TMC indicator :)

(and obviously 100% true as well)

Other than a public dog and pony show and a slap on the wrist, what changed as a result of that? Remember Jack Rickard's estimate on daily profit of the oil industry? What's 2.3B to them?

I don't think I'm powerless, nor anyone else. But I also don't think platitudes on a message forum are making a huge difference. I'm sincere in asking for ideas because I would like to do more to end shenanigans and see more fairness and justice in the world.
Buy another Tesla....encourage others to do the same.
Buy a Tshirt/Hat with a Tesla logo and answer questions about the company.

Spread the truth.

I agree with your attitude but what actions are you taking to support Elon and Tesla? We can all work on spreading facts and clearing up confusion and lies. Many of us can introduce the Tesla experience to people in person.

I, for 1....am not selling any shares in the next 8 years....so in short..my actions are keeping shares away from shorts. Wait...just realized it does not matter due to the synthetic shares...never mind!!

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.

Mark Twain

Since 2021, companies have announced investments totaling more than $200 billion in domestic manufacturing here in America. From iconic companies like GM and Ford, building out new electric vehicle production [facilities], to Tesla, our nation’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer, to innovative, younger companies like Rivian, building electric trucks, or ProTerra, building electric buses

A public exposure, resulting in congressional hearings. If you want to characterize that as a 'dog and pony show', that's on you. There's an old adage, "How do you eat an elephant?" The answer is, always, "One bite at a time". $AMC was the first bite.

I don't think I'm powerless, nor anyone else. But I also don't think platitudes on a message forum are making a huge difference.
So then, should investors prefer to benefit short-term from a corrupt system since the problems can't be immediately, completely, and irrevokably fixed? Know anybody that has been fleeced by Wall St? Anybody that didn't deserve it, though right?

Did "platitudes" on Twitter bring about the Arab Spring in Egypt, leading to the fall of Hosni Mbarak? Or did those words lead to collective action? That's the thing about tipping points and grass roots movements. There are endless examples throughout history. Wall St. is just dug in deeper than most, but there's a crack in that wall, believe it or not.

Organized corruption is racketeering. They are stealing from investors, while hiding behind a veil of secrecy and securities regulations that they themselves created. Their unchecked greed is literally fueling climate disasters. It is not sustainable as a financial system, or indeed as a civilization.

Something will force a change. This is a carryover from 2008, and largely the creation of former NASDAQ Chairman Bernie Madoff. A good start would be to undo every single policy change implemented under Bernie's tenure.

I'm sincere in asking for ideas because I would like to do more to end shenanigans and see more fairness and justice in the world.
Don't buy on margin. Don't speculate with options. Don't bet more than you can afford to lose. Don't over-react to short-term noise. Watch the long game. Tell your friends and family.

Last edited:
Buy another Tesla....encourage others to do the same.
Buy a Tshirt/Hat with a Tesla logo and answer questions about the company.

Spread the truth.
You are so right about buying Tesla tees, hats, hoodies etc. After buying my first Model S in 2013, I wasted a lot of time, energy and breath in trying to coax people into a discussion about Tesla cars. The solution of wearing Tesla gear is perfect. If you meet people who don't say anything about Tesla or just say "oh..do you own a Tesla?. Yes......Oh, i see" and move away. Or, you meet people who are genuinely interested in hearing more about an owner's experience. No more fooling around with haters who, as we know, are gonna hate.