Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish this were true. QQQ is +1.38%, Microsoft is +2.14% and TSLA is +2.26%. They are still holding us down and I suspect that even if we end up green, it will be sub 940.

Que sera, sera.

I'm more focused on what the SP will do in a month, six months, a year, and on. There are way too many variables at play in the minute to minute movements for me to spend mental energy fretting over it on a daily basis.

I'm gonna install a fork on my bicycle, go do some trail building, then check back in at the end of the day to see how things went with TSLA. After that, I'll zoom out and see whether the SP is still above the 2 year trend support line, and will get a good night's sleep tonight for having not stressed over things beyond my control.

Que sera, sera.

I'm more focused on what the SP will do in a month, six months, a year, and on. There are way too many variables at play in the minute to minute movements for me to spend mental energy fretting over it on a daily basis.

I'm gonna install a fork on my bicycle, go do some trail building, then check back in at the end of the day to see how things went with TSLA. After that, I'll zoom out and see whether the SP is still above the 2 year trend support line, and will get a good night's sleep tonight for having not stressed over things beyond my control.
Thank you.

I too find the constant ticker 'analysis' in this thread quite tiresome. According to many on this thread every TSLA drop is because of manipulation and every TSLA rise is because TSLA is an unstoppable beast. The latter is of course true, but it will take time for the market to realize this fully.

In the meantime, I'd prefer if we could concentrate on interesting matters such as 10-K analysis, relevant news and the like. /endofrant

Fiat in Torino hat a good solution on their roof - pretty sure this can easily be emulated at (a) Gigafactory.

View attachment 766837

Not likely, the roof isn't built for that kind of load and is covered in compressible insulation.

No indication for a test track in Berlin either so I think they are gone/minimized in which case what they need to test can probably be handled inside.

I haven't kept up on GigaBerlin construction, but I swear someone mentioned seeing cars go to the on-site test track. So I thought they had one. (Probably small like what is at GigaShanghai.

I really think the massive apron being poured across the south end is the only logical site. Transporters can enter and exit under the west bridge and have zero impact on employee and materials traffic. It's a much thicker pour than you would need for single passenger vehicles.

It's way too small (about 10x smaller area than Giga Shanghai), and has the worst possible access to the Interstate highway. Transport trucks would have to drive the length of Giga Texas just to get to the highway on-ramp. I'd bet against that.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
We should be up 4%+ given the Nasdaq 2% up. :rolleyes:
I assume you are saying this because of TSLA beta. But aside from the fact that TSLA beta is 1.5 and not 2, it's really not a measure of what action a stock "deserves" based on market movement. It is a derived value from historical movement (obviously correlated with volatility), and is not a prediction of future movement. Look at any given stock and you will see that they do not move in perfect lockstep with the market relative to their beta, rather over time beta is determined (and changes obviously) based on the movements that happen.

I'm not saying this as any sort of commentary about manipulation or not, just that the expectation that a stock will move on a given day exactly relative to its beta is misguided.

Not likely, the roof isn't built for that kind of load and is covered in compressible insulation.

I haven't kept up on GigaBerlin construction, but I swear someone mentioned seeing cars go to the on-site test track. So I thought they had one. (Probably small like what is at GigaShanghai.

Jeesh....I forgot to add the {/sarcasm} tag to my post. Not to self: must remember next time.

I'm surprised a photo from some time in the '70s triggered a thumbs down. But them maybe I'm not surprised...

All things being equal: I do think an indoor test track would make most sense, as it helps to keep things secret (those recent drone shots of the Cybertruck....) and you can simulate test conditions artificially as you like. GigaTexas certainly looks big enough for that, however there is probably much better use of the space if this wasn't planned from the start.

The external "test tracks" we see these days I think are more like production quality control tracks - less test track for true development work.

TSLA doesn't always revert to max pain obviously, but it's options market is as big as all other stocks combined. That's gonna drive share price action like today more often than not.

People are buying, but volume isn't huge at all. MM's can easily create an MMD to cool things off once volume slows down a bit. Then they cover at least some of their synthetic short position later in the day and we recover to something closer the the realistic market price.

We shouldn't ifgnore this IMO, a super on iohs day like today can be traded quite profitably. If that's your thing.

Reactions: saniflash