Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wages part and the “fear” around higher wages being stickier has always been a dumbfounding fear to me. For years, everyone was talking about “wage growths is sorely needed”. Now we get it and everyone’s complaining.

Granted it’s coming at a time when other costs are being artificially inflated due to Covid production stoppages from the past year, but if/when those costs start their downward trend, wages still be higher. Which a net plus for the economy
Productivity increases can and do offset wage increases.

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
This will be ....what, the 25th "rotation" out of tech...back into tech?
Every quarter for the last year, Tesla has beat expectations....even the inflated at the last minute ones.

They will continue to beat for the foreseeable future.

Since I got my options beat down and am now just a long term shareholder, I am not worried at all about the future.

This is becoming somewhat tedious...
"Tesla recalls more vehicles as US agency increases scrutiny"
I don't understand this issue. I don't think there is a well defined specs for what the audible warning for pedestrians has to sound like. So a sound that obscures the audible warning is in itself an even more audible warning, no?

I don't understand this issue. I don't think there is a well defined specs for what the audible warning for pedestrians has to sound like. So a sound that obscures the audible warning is in itself an even more audible warning, no?

It sounds like their issue is with the owners ability to obscure the warning with any sound they wish.

The regs specifically call out nobody but the car maker or dealer is permitted to ever change the sound- so letting the owner do it violated the reg....

Dumb? Sure. But technically correct.

It sounds like their issue is with the owners ability to obscure the warning with any sound they wish.

The regs specifically call out nobody but the car maker or dealer is permitted to ever change the sound- so letting the owner do it violated the reg....

Dumb? Sure. But technically correct.
What warning sounds are they even talking about. I thought the purpose was because EVs are nearly silent. So any noise coming from one would act as a warning.

TLDR: “ who’s really winning this EV race? According to NYT, “The biggest beneficiary — and the biggest threat to the established order — is Tesla. Led by Elon Musk, the company delivered nearly 1 million cars in 2021, a 90% increase from 2020.”

“That said, the real winner will be our lungs. And, of course, the environment.“

Answer to *raffiniert*
My two cts: Don't let the bank manage your assets, they follow the market and they are NOT working in your interest. It is also called diworsifying. Focus, go where the puck will be: Sustainable energy, sustainable transport, AI, mRNA, some in Crypto. Real estate. With that in mind you'd need to track 4-6 enterprises. Time in the market beats timing the market, yadayada, not advice.. .diclaimer I'm 90%TSLA.
This agrees with your 90% TSLA

This will be ....what, the 25th "rotation" out of tech...back into tech?
Every quarter for the last year, Tesla has beat expectations....even the inflated at the last minute ones.

They will continue to beat for the foreseeable future.

Since I got my options beat down and am now just a long term shareholder, I am not worried at all about the future.

Gap filled this morning by 09:36 ET, now let's see if MMs really want a 930 Close on Friday (Max Payne), or if the "Put wall" at 900 is more enticing.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-02-10.09-40.png

High drama (as usual) in TSLA-land.

HODL'ing (as usual) :p

Cheers to the longs!

Productivity increases can and do offset wage increases.
Yes which is why I'm bullish on the overall economy pulling out of this period of high inflation. I want wage inflation to stick because I do think the other elements of inflation will subside. What we'll be left with then is permanently higher wagers. And if you take the view that I take in that larger, more macro deflationary forces will win out, things will be better for the average worker. It might be hard for some to see right now, but I think it will be surprising how much the dynamics shift from the beginning of this year to the end of this year.

That and as you said, company's are continually increasing productivity and efficiency. I still so many sectors and industries that haven't adopted newer technology and software that would increase their efficiency by 15-20% alone. My significant other is in the health care field and it's crazy how much inefficiencies she tells me about

This is becoming somewhat tedious...
"Tesla recalls more vehicles as US agency increases scrutiny"
One issue that is becoming increasingly clear is that over-the-air updates mean the times have moved on from having one category of mandatory action dictated to an automaker.
The agency needs to add a much less serious category along the lines of “correct by software update” and change the definition of “recall” to apply only to the more serious things that require an actual hardware change... that the car be brought in (hence the word ‘recall’).
This seems like it would be an easy addition to federal regulations but.... no doubt it will take five years.

One issue that is becoming increasingly clear is that over-the-air updates mean the times have moved on from having one category of mandatory action dictated to an automaker.
The agency needs to add a much less serious category along the lines of “correct by software update” and change the definition of “recall” to apply only to the more serious things that require an actual hardware change... that the car be brought in (hence the word ‘recall’).
This seems like it would be an easy addition to federal regulations but.... no doubt it will take five years.
and the FUDsters and press would still be calling it a 'recall' for another 5 years after that.