Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT, but only sort-of.

After the SpaceX talk tonight this whole thing has kind of sunk in.

This is the first time I’ve ever really felt we have a chance at being multi-planet/ leaving the bounds of this earth.

It’s kind of profound. I’m glad to be a part of the “team” sort of. Even if it’s in a distant way.
This is important. For thousands of years there has always been a frontier or point of exploration to the unknown. I grew up with this in my thinking and the existence of a frontier was incredibly exciting.

Then earthly exploration was achieved and the Earth was mapped and GPS positioned, so too the Moon. A bit of important excitement for young people ended.

Robots are not enough, we must explore. It is our destiny. We may be alone in the Cosmos and we need to grow into our role as explorers in a new way. Elon gets it.

Nope...not even close.

However I believe the FUD is having less and less effect.

That's the problem with the media crying wolf about Tesla. If you cry wolf too many times, eventually people stop listening to or trusting anything you say. This is why the Tesla FUD isn't working like it used to, they've used that playbook so damn much that it's mostly ineffectual now.

I didn't notice if this has been posted yet, so apologies if its a repost. Rare truth from CNBC...

If you put #2 Model Y numbers, along with #5 Model 3 numbers. the Model Y and 3 sales together, blow away everyone. Making them, or I should say Tesla, the #1 best seller in California by far.

Right? How can you have lunch in 5 minutes?

I'm pretty sure an attempt is coming.
Elon can.
From Ashlee Vance's biography, page 3:
As the food arrived, Musk consumed it. That is, he didn't eat it as much as he made it disappear rapidly with a few gargantuan bites. Desperate to keep Musk happy and chatting, I handed him a big chunk of steak from my plate. The plan worked ... for all of ninety seconds. Meat. Hunk. Gone.

Love these "The cpi numbers were a punch to the stomach for the fed" or "fed may have an emergency meeting to raise rates" headlines. We are seeing these banks trying to pump their stocks in real time with their fear mongering.

The fed was asked during q&a about inflation last month and they guided that it's not getting better but a its a bit worst which caused the stock to tank after the initial run up. They see this data in real time and the numbers were fully expected. It's like saying "Tesla was blind sided by their own production report"...lol.

I laughed when reading this. 10 hours of meetings per week would be a dream in many corporate environments. I have 23.5 hours of meetings on my schedule this week. That's after some were canceled and I'd say it's a slightly light week. So 25 hours may be average for me here. I've done consulting and spent time in different established corporations. This level, or slightly less, is the norm. Most upper management truly doesn't "get it." That's why engineers are rushing to work for Musk companies. Once they burn out from being overworked, they can move on to the soul sucking jobs that allow for a work life balance. That's what I did.

Eventually almost all bureaucratic entities exist to justify their existence.

The iron law of bureaucracy applies to private bureaucracies as well as public.

The bloat in modern management is impressive.

I try to annoy Faiz pretty regularly on Twitter. He’s a hack. It pains me that he’s WaPo’s go-to Tesla guy.

I’m not trying to encourage clicks, but I feel a link is important to establish context. We’re big boys and girls. We can click (or not) as we see fit.

Bezos’s private Pravda paper is unfair to one of Elon’s companies? impoossibleur!

Love these "The cpi numbers were a punch to the stomach for the fed" or "fed may have an emergency meeting to raise rates" headlines. We are seeing these banks trying to pump their stocks in real time with their fear mongering.

The fed was asked during q&a about inflation last month and they guided that it's not getting better but a its a bit worst which caused the stock to tank after the initial run up. They see this data in real time and the numbers were fully expected. It's like saying "Tesla was blind sided by their own production report"...lol.
The market wants to cause maximum pain to all participants.

Reactions: cjkosh
Elon has been very supportive of the strike, I can't help but wonder how he would react if Tesla's production starts being affected.
What better way to get truckers interested/supportive of the Tesla Semi?

Just like getting Texans interested in the CT. And the right a bit more supportive in Tesla by pushing back on mandates.

He may truly believe in what he’s saying but I do think he has thought about the marketing aspect as well.

What better way to get truckers interested/supportive of the Tesla Semi?

Just like getting Texans interested in the CT. And the right a bit more supportive in Tesla by pushing back on mandates.
Tesla Semi doesn't need politics for it to be succesful. The economics alone will provide demand higher than supply for the foreseeable future.

Elon has been very supportive of the strike, I can't help but wonder how he would react if Tesla's production starts being affected.
He'd still spin it that it's the governments rules forcing the truckers' hands. Don't forget that if you're in that end of the covid thinking, chances are that your information isn't correct.

This is important. For thousands of years there has always been a frontier or point of exploration to the unknown. I grew up with this in my thinking and the existence of a frontier was incredibly exciting.

Then earthly exploration was achieved and the Earth was mapped and GPS positioned, so too the Moon. A bit of important excitement for young people ended.

Robots are not enough, we must explore. It is our destiny. We may be alone in the Cosmos and we need to grow into our role as explorers in a new way. Elon gets it.
Pretty much zero chance that we're alone in the Universe. The sheer distances involved are the main obstacle to encountering intelligent alien life. That's where the bots come in- they won't mind going on multi century exploration missions. But yeah, a human outpost on Mars, the moon, etc. will be supercool.