Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FAA has pushed back release of environmental report for starship by another month (again). Probably good news for Tesla with Elon able to spend more of his time working on tesla issues while spaceX twiddles its thumbs.

Looking forward to Elon talking with Rob & Dave!! Hopefully the “and others” Elon mentioned arent a bunch of hyperbolic goons that will water down the conversation.
Yeah, the wannabes are piling on.

Looking forward to Elon talking with Rob & Dave!! Hopefully the “and others” Elon mentioned arent a bunch of hyperbolic goons that will water down the conversation.
Seriously… Dave and Rob are both great interviewers and they are both very low-key/ unsensational. (Ok, Dave does get a little excitable)

I would not mind Ryan from RTL being on the call also, but not sure adding a third interviewer would really add much.

Having more than 2 people interviewing becomes more like a Q&A session than an interview.

Joe Tegtmeyer posted pics from todays flight of "thousands" of castings ready to go. From Twitter:

906CFEAC-6F91-4358-9ABD-C375DEC0ECCC.jpeg

Seriously… Dave and Rob are both great interviewers and they are both very low-key/ unsensational. (Ok, Dave does get a little excitable)

I would not mind Ryan from RTL being on the call also, but not sure adding a third interviewer would really add much.

Having more than 2 people interviewing becomes more like a Q&A session than an interview.

I look forward to Ryan's recap every week and applaud his efforts. 👍 But I agree, 2 is enough, and I think when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, Rob and Dave on are another level 😉

No idea and there's only speculation these are 4680 cars. I hope they are however.
Per conference call

Drew

"We're building 4680 structural packs every day, which are being assembled into vehicles in Texas. I was driving one yesterday and the day before. And we believe our first 4680 vehicles will be delivered this quarter."

Rob Maurer is consistently well-informed, well prepared, and knows how to shut up and let his interviewee do the talking.

I can occasionally stand to listen to Dave Lee's interviews, but only by fast forwarding past him talking.

So far as I'm concerned, the fewer others that are involved in a Rob Maurer - Elon Musk interview, the happier I'll be. And, I think, the more likely we are to come away having learned something useful and interesting.

Please let it just be Rob & Dave.

Rob & Dave have already discussed this scenario months ago and they acknowledged they have very different styles. Fortunately, we know they will work together to effectively integrate their styles. If there are additional Interrog, eh, I mean "hosts" it could get messy.

Per conference call

Drew

"We're building 4680 structural packs every day, which are being assembled into vehicles in Texas. I was driving one yesterday and the day before. And we believe our first 4680 vehicles will be delivered this quarter."
And, coincidentally, my delivery date just got pushed up a couple of weeks. Hmm.

Per conference call

Drew

Yes. And I should correct my earlier post - this doesn't bode well for start of Austin production, which has already occurred; this bodes well for the start of Austin deliveries. I need to recalibrate my thinking on Austin; the factory appears to already be permitted for production. It's simply vehicle certification and whatever internal metrics that Tesla has that is holding them back from delivering cars to customers.

Some quotes, first from Elon during Q4 2021 earnings call:

But I think it is worth noting that we -- and as the internet has observed, we've been making quite a few cars in Texas and Berlin, so -- in Austin and Berlin. So in Texas, we're building the Model Ys with the structural battery pack and the 4680 cells, and we'll start delivering after final certification of the vehicle, which should be fairly soon.

Secondly, Joe Tegtmeyer - who I would consider the authoritative Twitter source on Giga Austin - in a couple of tweets today:

Folks, I'm thinking Austin deliveries are probably very close now.

One of the big reasons I remain bullish on Tesla is that Tesla lives rent free in so many people's heads. How many people were discussing Tesla when the superbowl ads for other EV's came on. The reason Edmunds attacks Tesla consistently is because Tesla is so good and they fear them.
You would think that in many homes someone must have asked out loud why Tesla wasn't among the many EV advertisers. Hopefully in many cases someone could provide the answer. Or they googled a bit.