Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've brought this point up before in the EV forum. These behemoths are going to be moving road hazards in two seriously dangerous ways, ridiculous mass will crush everything in its way and the fire potential is off the charts. These idiots still have not figured out how to contain runaway conditions in their batteries.
Seriously. I need my bulletproof Cybertruck just to defend myself against these things.

That was my first reaction. My followup conclusion is that this is the vehicle you build to reach a very specific market that isn't currently addressed by an electric vehicle. We know that it will be niche, but that was also the case with Model S.

A different way to look at it - for the family / individual that really wants a Hummer style vehicle, would you rather they be driving this, or a diesel Hummer (I assume all other Hummers are diesel).

I vote for this. Even if the engineering on this appears to be 5 dollops brute force and then the recipe got lost.
would an efficient turbo diesel have better MPG?

• Informative
Reactions: EVCollies
No (or at least, probably not).

<me being pedantic>
There are really 3 states here:

I am a fan
I am indifferent / neutral to Tesla.
I am not a fan / dislike Tesla

I think that most readers would not interpret the conclusion to jointly encompass both other states (both dislike as well as neutrality).

Generally speak I've found that most seemingly binary states, at least in data modeling, are really positive / not-positive rather than positive / negative.
I am trying to understand:
Taylor Ogan says that he is a fan. If he lies that means he either is neutral or dislikes.

Then it would be right to believe that he is not a fan, since "not a fan" would mean neutral or dislike, no?

246 kWh battery for just over 300 miles. I am speechless.
I guess you won't be surprised by its efficiency? Ikr? This is most definitely the worst rating ever. It makes the Rivians look like Hondas lol.

GMC spokesperson shared them with Car and Driver: 51 MPGe city, 43 MPGe highway, and 47 MPGe combined.

Last edited:
I am trying to understand:
Taylor Ogan says that he is a fan. If he lies that means he either is neutral or dislikes.

Then it would be right to believe that he is not a fan, since "not a fan" would mean neutral or dislike, no?
Was probably a fan until Elon ditched LIDAR. 💸

246 kWh battery for just over 300 miles. I am speechless.
This is the same battery they are going to use in the Silverado.

How they will shave 3000 pounds off the truck to make it into a light truck is beyond me. Do they even bother?

I find it exceedingly difficult to take GM seriously when this is what their “Cutting Edge“ battery looks like in terms of kWh/ pound.

So the Hummer is about half of a Semi which needs about 500 kWh battery for 300 miles range according to Elon estimates in the Joe Rogan interview. The Hummer is really inefficient.
The range estimates on the semi are for when it’s towing 80,000 pounds. So it’s pulling nearly 10x the weight of the hummer.

I’d be curious what the range would be like on the semi when it’s not towing.

GM has managed to do the impossible with the Hummer:

Convert an ICE model to EV and have people hate it for the same reasons: it's horrible bloat and inefficiency.

Remember what you thought of people who drove a Hummer? You get to feel the same way when you see someone drive the Hummer EV! :D
I dare say they made the combination even worse. It's 3K pounds heavier than the ICE and now with what like 1000hp? The old one wasn't fast so it at least limited what stupid things you could do with it. This one... it's like all the things that were bad about it were multiplied and then some.

If they say "I am a fan of Tesla", would I be right to believe that they are not a fan of Tesla?
What does "not a fan" mean"?
you would not know if they had never heard of Tesla, are still on the fence about tesla, or whether they dislike tesla.
Typically when someone states "I am not a fan of..." They dislike the subject... So your reliability is not there.
And I won't go back and find your post, but you stated you would know "100%" of the time. Here you can only be sure he has never heard of Tesla, dislikes tesla, or is undecided. He did not tell you what he was. He told you what he was not.
It is as if he told you he had five fish. he could have zero, or one, or six.
You know he does not have five fish.
please consider what you wrote.

EDIT
OK it was easy to find your post:
"A person who lies to me 100% of the time on the other hand is a very trustworthy/reliable person. I would know what to believe after listening to them."

in your scenario you do not know what to believe, only what not to believe.
Enough said.