Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct. The Leaf isn't a compliance car, but it is a second car. You can't use it for everything a first car would be used for. I have a 2015 that Denise drives. We got it because Denise didn't want a large car and the Leaf was the only choice at the time (she just totaled her previous car). It's been fine except for the horrid dealers. If you need a second cheap car that doesn't need to go more than a few miles back and forth to work, it's a good choice.
It may come as a shock, but in the World Outside USA (WOUSA) the Nissan Leaf is a perfectly viable only car for a family. Proof is the holiday cottage across the lawn, where repeatedly families rock up in Nissan Leafs (which is their only car) having driven just as far as the families that drive here with Jaguars, Volvos, Teslas, or whatever. I've chatted with a few of the Leaf owners over the years and they are clearly using them as the only car in the family, and driving them just as long a distance as the other car owners. In one case about 3-years ago (pre-Covid, can't remember exactly when) they'd driven down the whole length of the UK to get here. It never even occurred to any of them that we might have an EV charger here when they arrived, so you can imagine the joy on their face when they realise they are going to have something better than a 13A plug to charge from.

Tremendous spoofing this a.m. at $915 (couple or a few large sell orders (1,000 shares) being put and pulled at $915). I guess the shorts are not frightened of the DOJ's focus on their tactics.

Tremendous spoofing this a.m. at $915 (couple or a few large sell orders (1,000 shares) being put and pulled at $915). I guess the shorts are not frightened of the SEC's focus on their tactics.

Impropriety on Wall Street?!?!

Impossibleur!

Elon is WAY too smart to believe that those timelines were possible, given the then-present state of the software, and WAY too smart to believe that anybody could know, at that stage, what hardware would really be needed.
Way too smart Elon just called himself an idiot for stopping the X line, essentially losing money for little gains. I am not a rocket scientist and I can tell you yeah, that was idiotic.

Tremendous spoofing this a.m. at $915 (couple or a few large sell orders (1,000 shares) being put and pulled at $915). I guess the shorts are not frightened of the SEC's focus on their tactics.

Just to be clear the SEC isn't the one investigating, it is the DOJ. (It appears that the DOJ got involved because the SEC isn't doing their job?)

Tremendous spoofing this a.m. at $915 (couple or a few large sell orders (1,000 shares) being put and pulled at $915). I guess the shorts are not frightened of the DOJ's focus on their tactics.

Nice to see them lose, if momentarily. They are still playing their games, however, just now at $916.

Reactions: dm28997
The priority application of this US patent was filed in 2018 (25 October).

Tesla introduced dog mode in 2019, according to this article.

Opening a door is a rather poor solution to the problem.… . I wouldn’t have recommended filing a patent application.
2019... did you read either articles?

First link you quoted,

Made public earlier this week, US Patent 11,247,693 describes Ford plans to utilize a Paw Print-shaped key fob button to activate “Pet Mode,” just one option in a series of other modes that can be activated from the touch of a button. Ford plans to utilize some of the same strategies as Tesla did, especially as it listed Tesla’s 2018 Model X Owner’s Manual as a reference during the development of its new feature.

Your link,
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been tweeting about these two features, known as Dog mode and Sentry mode, for weeks. And now, they’re here for electric vehicles equipped with Enhanced Autopilot and built after August 2017.

Did you assume 2019 cuz that's the date of the article?

I should note that was a US centric observation. Crime rates dropped by about half in the 90s here in the US. Crime had huge upswings in the 20s and 60s.
Linked to lead in petrol/uptake of cars? I suspect that going pure EV (viva Tesla!) will end up having a whole raft of benefits that most people are unaware of, and even the most knowledgeable will find a surprise.

Oh please... they sold FSD as something that would get to L4/5 until 2019 when they removed any promise. Daniel is absolutely right that he made promises that cannot be fulfilled. They can't. Period. End of story. Broken promise/Lie. Some people are forgiving given the mission and most people that could plop down thousands for a Tesla could afford to lose some on a broken promise. Does not mean the promise was not broken. A broken agreement is what if not a lie?

I can't stress the following enough for all you investors: Tesla is building risk into the company re it's approach to interacting with regulators and statements are approaching lies. As someone that dealt with IG solutions related to investigations and litigation on some of the largest companies in the world I can assure you that companies that build a reputation of disdain for regulators have risk. When you blame not opening a GF on regulators when you haven't submitted the paperwork needed to BEGIN the approval process, and get called out for it by the regulator, and you do similar behavior again and again ...there is risk. This is what ended up costing VW . IT was VW's attitude as well. It wiped out 30% of VWs stock value which was never inflated. Tesla must change how they manage regulatory agencies and engage in communication and process or they will find a crisis and no friend. I had something to do with the VW outcome, though peripheral. VW's communication and hubris and attitudes were the problem for regulators, more so than the actual facts. Tesla is at the point where they could find themselves with a Court appointed compliance manager reporting not to EM and the Tesla BOD but to the Court of CA. I don't think many here are valuing that risk appropriately. It sucks. Court appointed monitors ...suck. They drain management hours at rates you can't believe. They slow things down. They can quickly move from State to Federal. Like a cancer.

In summary. Yes, EM has some challenges regarding truth- I don't think it is malicious but he has broken promises and the FSD software he sold to Daniel will never work - not debatable. He has hubris that has permeated his companies- good. Hubris is impacting the companies relationship with those charged with ensuring safety and well being of society- BAD. If you disagree with this you have not read the current statements from CA by the govt regulator- they are public docs. They are a shot across Tesla's bow. They are all FACTUAL. When regulators say Tesla has not responded to inquiries it means Tesla did not respond. My $0.02 from someone that has actually managed the IG actions of one of the world largest automotive entities. I don't have a dollar in Tesla but if I did I'm at the point where the history of EM and regulators seems to be coming to a head and increasing risk.

Thank you for explaining that you "don't have a dollar in Tesla," while you spend lots of time here declaring what Tesla can't ever do: robots, FSD, what else?

Linked to lead in petrol/uptake of cars? I suspect that going pure EV (viva Tesla!) will end up having a whole raft of benefits that most people are unaware of, and even the most knowledgeable will find a surprise.

During the lockdown of April/may you could see marked improvement in air quality in LA. Smog being a relic of the past will be a nice benefit, and I’m sure there will be health benefits as well too.