Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Helpful
Reactions: Discoducky
You are wise to let others venture into Twitter. I just recently started getting on there and I'm appalled by what people believe and the hatred they have for Elon and Tesla. How so many people can be manipulated into believing the exact opposite of what is true is shocking.
You have to block mercilessly or it quickly devolves into chaos.

Reactions: Stone_Watcher
Yea a couple pages back.

I deleted my initial post, but not sure I found anything regarding this complaint.

In case you don't subscribe, gist of the complaint is that Tesla filed a letter with the judge overseeing the 2018 tweeting case that the SEC has failed to distribute Tesla's $40 million to shareholders as promised and instead that the SEC has continued a campaign of harassment against Tesla and Elon.

Fwiw, my very back of the envelope calculation is that this equates to about $0.25 (edit) per 2018 share (non-split adjusted). I'd kind of forgotten about, but I would have certainly preferred to have been paid out several years ago as the SEC should have done.

Thank you, that is why the numbers did not make sense, and why it seemed like bargain of the century. Thanks everyone!

Idea: Open an account @ IBKR (there are facilitating brokers all over Europe that feed into IBKR, such as Lynxbroker) - transfer some cash or shares there (make sure the shares are held in US$, as options on TSLA are traded in US). Then head over to the other thread to start learning about options... in the mean time, you can play around with this calculator a bit: Long Call Calculator

Stay away from European warrants offered by European brokers. Warrants are not standardized, pricing is / can be arbitrary or intransparent, they are issued by the bank/broker --> carry issuer risk, very few trading strategies offered, only traded OTC, can't write warrants.....

Not advice...yadayadayada

Idea: Open an account @ IBKR (there are facilitating brokers all over Europe that feed into IBKR, such as Lynxbroker) - transfer some cash or shares there (make sure the shares are held in US$, as options on TSLA are traded in US). Then head over to the other thread to start learning about options... in the mean time, you can play around with this calculator a bit: Long Call Calculator

Stay away from European warrants offered by European brokers. Warrants are not standardized, pricing is / can be arbitrary or intransparent, they are issued by the bank/broker --> carry issuer risk, very few trading strategies offered, only traded OTC, can't write warrants.....

Not advice...yadayadayada
Thanks so much! I will go to the other thread and investigate further so not to clog up this one! Noted about not using warrants!

Guess I was right. South end is for staging, transporters can roll under bridge and avoid gigafactory traffic at the north end.

Man, CNBC is really taking it to Cathy right now. Even I, who sometimes jokes about Ark, can hardly stomach the clowning that she is taking. I swear CNBC... they are the real clowns.
Remember when she forecast $4,000 for Tesla a few years ago? They made fun of her but she was right. Like most on this forum her investing timescales are long into the future, as they should be, but CNBC are all about today and now, and breaking this, and breaking that, and breaking the other. And they all shout.

Interesting. Judging by the aero wheels (if I'm seeing correctly) those aren't performance models.
Agree. Look like the Gemini wheels.

0086D2C1-D2CF-4D45-BD5E-9C314BDB07BB.jpeg

70389166-88F1-4156-9797-6CCA9E469E73.jpeg

During the lockdown of April/may you could see marked improvement in air quality in LA. Smog being a relic of the past will be a nice benefit, and I’m sure there will be health benefits as well too.

There will. For the record, asthma didn't exist (in any significant prevalence) prior to the industrial revolution.

Last edited:
There will. For the record, asthma didn't exist prior to the industrial revolution.

Doctors and medical figures have been aware of asthma since ancient Greece

While scriptures from China as far back as 2,600 B.C.E. and ancient Egypt mention symptoms of breathlessness and respiratory distress, asthma did not have its name or unique characteristics until Hippocrates described it over 2,000 years later in Greece.

Hippocrates only saw asthma as a symptom, and it was not until around 100 A.C.E. that a Greek physician called Aretaeus of Cappadocia composed a detailed definition of asthma that was similar to the modern understanding of how the disease develops.

This seems like another good reminder this exists though:

Or maybe this?