Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on here posted earlier that it was 25 cents ..if I remember correctly
It would not go to all shareholders, it would go to shareholders who prove they were harmed by the price action outlined in the SEC document I posted on the previous page. And that could include people with short positions who were cleaned out by the spike in price following Elon’s tweets.

This stuff is neither simple or straightforward

Clearly Elon doesn’t care what you think the unwritten Twitter rules are anymore than he cared about the starting a new car company unwritten rules and all the other unwritten rules he’s ignored.

Now that you know that a out him, plan your personal and monetary investments into him and his company accordingly.

It’s not like he’s suddenly become a different person. If you chose to ignore the neon flashing signs and every other tweet of infamy, you don’t even have the ‘I didn’t know’ leg to stand on. Unstable, evil billionaire it is then.
Elon is not a different person.
He is the best engineer probably alive right now.
the most hard working engineer by far.
his companies are the most cash-environmental efficient way to invest and change the world.
I don’t care whatever he tweets. But he is smart enough that he can compute the plus and minuses of comparing a somewhat unpopular prime minister decision to the worst human being to have ever walked the planet will illicit vivid reactions from the descendants of the people who survived through the atrocities of that person.
I invest my money where I think the person in charge will take the most intelligent decision for every scenario he is confronted to with the knowledge he had at the moment. That is exactly what he said to Ashlee Vance and in multiple interviews.
He showed he had good judgment when he deleted it. I’m sure he was able to anticipate the backlash with the information he had before posting and didn’t have to take that decision after. ;)

Last edited:
How could you say such a divisive thing? I'm offended you would bring up a day meant to celebrate slave-owners! You are setting back the mission by openly supporting racism! Don't you know there are some things you simply shouldn't say? ;)

/s
Don't worry it gives US truckers an extra day to organize a protest before the market opens;)

@Krugerrand , what you call 'anger' i call strength. just trying to ensure people can express a different opinion, and not be silenced by those prolific posters with the 'accept it all, or move on dichotomy, that pushes us steps closer to an infinite echo-chamber this place has inched closer to over the years.

and if per chance it be anger? rather be angry over bullying than the bullier.

Last edited:
The key point made in the initial comment on Rob's video was that there was a lot of margin in processing raw ore into battery grade lithium.
Helpful. To quote the comment...
Xiaohua Xu
1 day ago (edited)
For 75kwh battery, you need about 60-70kg of either lithium carbonate or lithium hydroxide, which are the after product of refining lithium spodumene, typically you get 1kg of lithium carbonate from 8 kg of lithium spodumene. So roughly speaking, per 75kwh battery pack, 500kg or 1/2 ton of lithium spodumene is needed, 100,000t of spodumene isn't a lot, good for ~200,000 cars. Looks Tesla is collecting scraps and pieces here and there.

What's interesting is whether Tesla prepares to do refining themselves sometime in the future considering Elon mentioned they'll do mining someday. Just FYI, refining is super lucartive these days, spodumene is ~$2,500/ton and battery grade lithium carbonate is $63,500/ton in China spot market, so you do the math.
My question still remains about whether it opens up sources of supply as well.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
Russia has no where to go, no end game, nothing to gain and everything to lose. In other words they be bluffing, but I guess it's hard to "CALL" them on it...
Well Russia stands to gain all of Ukraine itself, which is an extraordinary prize and in the mind of Putin probably worth some economic sanctions (and he knows NATO isn’t going to take any military action to stop it).

It would not go to all shareholders, it would go to shareholders who prove they were harmed by the price action outlined in the SEC document I posted on the previous page. And that could include people with short positions who were cleaned out by the spike in price following Elon’s tweets.

This stuff is neither simple or straightforward
Shorts are not investors. They are the exact opposite. Anti-investors.

Shorts are not investors. They are the exact opposite. Anti-investors.
Yeah I highly doubt that shorts would be compensated through this scheme although the tweet could be construed as a way to clean out the shorts by spreading disinformation to boost the price, they would likely need to pursue separate litigation. Just throwing it out there.

Shorts are not necessarily "anti-investors" though considering that sophisticated investors are often hedged with holdings consisting of short and long positions to mitigate risks. But a setup like that would probably also not qualify for compensation here. The short firms who do a lot of research etc would probably argue they're trying to protect investors from fraud and whatever else.

This stuff is not simple at all and the details matter big time

Reactions: saniflash
Since the SEC has sat on the money and neglected its duties, it should be required to give each share holder the equivalent amount of shares as the settlement would have paid out at the time the penalty funds were collected.
Yes. And acquired on the open market, obviously. Must keep up the appearance, right?

Have a great weekend, everyone! It's ok for us to disconnect from the online world for a while. :)

Screenshot_20220218-160203_Twitter.jpg

Just a question for the EE/firmware types....
How much of a liability is Tesla creating for themselves with their novel chip shortage solutions? ...by rewriting code to work with whatever chips they can actually procure vs previously spec'd chips? And by liability, I mean expanding the number of hardware combinations and complexity (and thus quality) of firmware to handle all the combinations? I'm already dizzy thinking of the hardware compatibility vs firmware effort just because Tesla is constantly revising so many components of their vehicles, this chip shortage solution seams like insult to injury. In my head you multiply the number of car models * number of hardware combos of that model and every new firmware somehow has to quality check against all those permutations. Head officially hurts. Am I overreacting?

Just a question for the EE/firmware types....
How much of a liability is Tesla creating for themselves with their novel chip shortage solutions? ...by rewriting code to work with whatever chips they can actually procure vs previously spec'd chips? And by liability, I mean expanding the number of hardware combinations and complexity (and thus quality) of firmware to handle all the combinations? I'm already dizzy thinking of the hardware compatibility vs firmware effort just because Tesla is constantly revising so many components of their vehicles, this chip shortage solution seams like insult to injury. In my head you multiply the number of car models * number of hardware combos of that model and every new firmware somehow has to quality check against all those permutations. Head officially hurts. Am I overreacting?
From a software dev point of view, it won't be terrible if they have an abstraction layer. The layer can handle standard calls from the higher level software and relay it to that chip's specific hardware calls. That's a simplification of the situation but the concept will make maintenance easier over time. It still adds some complexity as compared to only one hardware but it's manageable.