Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could this be it? Gary Black has tweeted about it...

Source: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

The link works. I don't know why it changes the title...
TSLA disproportionate drop definitely has something to do with Giga Berlin news of more delays. Now they’re looking at water consumption by Tesla suppliers that move into the region. This can drag on and on and push the chances of never getting a permit and being forced to dismantle the factory to greater than zero percent. All German auto companies are laughing at Tesla right now…

TSLA disproportionate drop definitely has something to do with Giga Berlin news of more delays. Now they’re looking at water consumption by Tesla suppliers that move into the region. This can drag on and on and push the chances of never getting a permit and being forced to dismantle the factory to greater than zero percent. All German auto companies are laughing at Tesla right now…
Thanks to @avoigt :

I can guarantee you one thing: NONE of the German automakers are laughing at Tesla. Quite the opposite actually.

I just think it's weird someone would sign up for a Tesla fan site and immediately begin by trashing Tesla/FSD in crashes where clearly it was simple standard driver neglect. How does a fan never have anything good to say about the target of his fandom?

I hate an echo chamber as much as the next fellow, and I've gone so far as to PM you @StealthP3D back in the day when I thought you were shouting down dissent to aggressively. But I think mods are too nice here and there are some clear trolling accounts that should be axed. Or at least banned from the non-technical sections. All they do is bump conversations that have been done and dusted for months/years.

Bickering and unease on the rise. Suggestions of bannings and moderator complaints are flying. Hyper-bullish TMC indicators!
I just think it's weird that many of TMC's best people keep responding to a troll I've long since Ignored.

Happens every time.

Last edited:

This, along with all the other distracting news - lawsuits, recycled FSD bad behavior, recent tweets, has made me re-evaluate my position on Tesla.
Looking at the 'unfortunate' Q4 earnings call once more, I am again reminded that:
  • Tesla has 2022 primary focus on cranking out cars. Lot's of cars. Exactly where it should be.
  • Tesla expects to up production 50% in 2022
  • Tesla doesn't need either Berlin or Austin to achieve this
Added to those are the recent observations
  • Austin is getting MIGHTY close given the videos out now. Every car produced there pushes the increase OVER the expected 50%.
  • The competition is so worried they are literally advertising at great cost against Tesla during the Superbowl and it worked (for Tesla) !!!
Added to those are my own convictions:
  • Every Model 3 / Y sold makes a new Tesla ... constituent who will demand EV-related changes to the world around them. Economically and politically.
  • Every Model 3 / Y sold immunizes one more person to the crescendo of FUD we're now seeing because they know the car.
  • Every Model 3 / Y sold adds to the "show your friends and neighbors" goodwill sales force
OK, I guess no change to my position after all. Especially since I'm about out of dry powder again ;)

Does anyone know when the 5M shares that Elon recently donated to charity can be sold? I have to wonder if these shares coming into the market could be causing some of the recent underperformance.

Charities often sell donated shares upon receipt, at least smaller ones do. For this situation, it depends on who was gifted and the strings attached.

All German auto companies are laughing at Tesla right now…

Then German auto companies have a strange sense of humor to laugh at the company eating their lunch with a low cost factory in China that just keeps making and importing more cars every year.

They are laughing that Chinese workers and parts suppliers are displacing German workers and parts suppliers. Strange sense of humor, they have. 🤫

I'm not so sure. Berlin might stay a "small" factory after this and Tesla might decide to build another new factory somewhere else in Europe. The red tape throughout this whole ordeal just might sway them to make that choice.
Tesla might also decide to build another new factory elsewhere in Europe. But absent actual resource constraints in Berlin, it makes sense to keep expanding the production envelope there. It might take a while longer than wished, but the important thing is to keep pushing.

Then German auto companies have a strange sense of humor to laugh at the company eating their lunch with a low cost factory in China that just keeps making and importing more cars every year.

They are laughing that Chinese workers and parts suppliers are displacing German workers and parts suppliers. Strange sense of humor, they have. 🤫
Those auto execs have their golden parachutes ready to go. They don't care one bit for the workers who will lose their jobs over the next 5-10 years.