Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD V11 in test with Elon now. Staff testing could start something like 25th Feb (we could get release notes soon after) with beta maybe rolled out on 4th March.

One stack to rule them all.

Significant milestone towards the biggest asset unlock past or future.

Btw, I don't see regulation as being a problem. Tesla will ship everything to just one pro-FSD country US state or even China if needed.
Where are you getting those timelines/info?

I’ll be quite curious to see V11 in action since it will be the long awaited single stack. I think there’s a lot that Tesla has been working on that will show up in V11 that they haven’t been introducing in the non single stack versions.

Quite anxious to see if there’s a leap forward

I feel like we are about to turn a corner and Austin factory/opening anticipation, coupled with Q1 results anticipation, will pull the stock higher. I believe the Austin event was moved from the 1st to the 7th in part to be able to reference the Q1 deliveries numbers during the event. (if it had been on April 1st there would have been no ability to know the numbers on the day)

Why would fusion be a threat to Tesla Energy? It's precisely the missing piece. A technology that can efficiently, even if wildly expensively, generate 20-30% of total energy demand fills the renewables gap perfectly. Tesla Energy ties it all together and manages the flow.

We need to get our minds out of the fossil fuels scarcity model. There will be no scarcity in 2030, it's all about who delivers efficiency and scalable services to support sustainable abundance.

We would need to know the LCOE for Fusion, a rough optimistic guess would be about the same territory as nuclear fission, generator output profile the same.

Meantime the sun hasn't increased prices.

If there is a missing link anywhere in energy generation it is Wave energy and the designs are improving.

The balance of the problem is energy storage.

For Tesla energy the battery side should have strong demand even though batteries can't efficently solve seasonal variation.

Fission and Fusion are even more expensive if applied to seasonal variation.

I would like to see Tesla do more with solar, I would love a "solar day" similar to battery day. IMO there are opportunities to improve solar.
"

If I were a well financed interest opposing Tesla, this is exactly what I would have done. Entice Tesla to build a factory in a shiny target, wait for Tesla to commit a large amount of capital and time into building the factory, then one-by-one throw every delay possible at the factory to stop it from producing.

I don't doubt Tesla will succeed but nothing that is happening in Berlin is surprising me. Austin will be humming along before Berlin gets past the roadblocks.
Yep - but turns out it all works out best in the end for Tesla, since for now and for the next few months their limiting factor is the chip shortage - they won't really lose production. Between having to buy MIC Teslas and increasing gasoline prices, the Germans are in a pickle.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
We would need to know the LCOE for Fusion, a rough optimistic guess would be about the same territory as nuclear fission, generator output profile the same.

Meantime the sun hasn't increased prices.

If there is a missing link anywhere in energy generation it is Wave energy and the designs are improving.

The balance of the problem is energy storage.

For Tesla energy the battery side should have strong demand even though batteries can't efficently solve seasonal variation.

Fission and Fusion are even more expensive if applied to seasonal variation.

I would like to see Tesla do more with solar, I would love a "solar day" similar to battery day. IMO there are opportunities to improve solar.
"
Energy costs don't really matter much in sustainable abundance. There's not much marginal cost, and without fluctuations or scarcity we'll just contently pay the financing charges.

• Helpful
Reactions: jbcarioca
The fact that you think private/retail investors have any impact on the actual markets is probably the most laughable part of this post…..and there’s a lot to laugh at there.
As you laughed all the way down from 1250 per share to 820, I’m absolutely convinced that you will also laugh the next 100‘s down too.

But this is the typical humor of TSLA investors who have been sleeping at the wheel for too long.

Be assured, I‘m laughing too

As you laughed all the way down from 1250 per share to 820, I’m absolutely convinced that you will also laugh the next 100‘s down too.

But this is the typical humor of TSLA investors who have been sleeping at the wheel for too long.

People here laugh because our cost basis is like 40 bucks...

So think again trying to intimidate people here by thinking we are a bunch of stupid bag holders. No we are a bunch of retirees who made it big with this company.

Last edited:
what is the main catalyst that pull down the value TSLA stock today in your opinion? risk of war in eastern Europe? SEC trouble news?

Just checked my portfolio today and it is bleeding :(
It will bleed for the months to come. Not Ukraine, but the end of a 13 year long overblown bull cycle, caused by tightening of financial conditions.

Yes…..we laughed all the way from 900 to 500 back to 900 and then up to 1200…..all within the year of 2021.

Typical humor of Tesla investors here…..who have been laughing for years and 10X’d their money

Mod:

30 posts deleted, mostly about FSD, and a couple of snarky one-liners.

One timeout issued. Hint: a post that almost entirely consists of "I was warned not to do this, so I won't, but I'll just go on to say..." is a very bad idea when the only active moderator also has a plumbing emergency. Actually a bad idea any time.

I should move this post to a thread about how a Tesla Roof installation caused a water main break; trenching to upgrade and move the electrical panel. See, it is relevant to Tesla! I'll wait until there are 25 or so replies about it though. /s

--ggr.

Everything is going to plan. Tesla is a huge success and is now becoming a steamrolling Juggernaut!

Tomorrow will be a big up day.

Look around, life is wonderful!
On bull market we get 12 straight green days. In bear market we get 12 straight red days. I am starting to understand the difference here ;P

Energy costs don't really matter much in sustainable abundance. There's not much marginal cost, and without fluctuations or scarcity we'll just contently pay the financing charges.
The Fusion plant with have a construction cost, and operating life, maintenance schedules, and operational costs, all of which factor into LCOE.
Then there is the question of scale and any transmission upgrades.

But mostly it is a solution for 2040-2060 at best, not something relevant to between now and 2030.

People underestimate what can be done with solar and batteries, batteries can store solar for transmission 24x7, making optimal use of transmission assets.

To cope with Solar seasonal variation in the Australian state of Victoria they would need a total of 9X, Simply building X in Victoria and 2X in Queensland does the same job, (before transmission losses). That is because winter solar generation in Queensland is way better than Victoria.

So it is similar to solid state batteries, the funky new technology will be great when it arrives, in the meantime there are many opportunities to solve the problem with existing technologies or improved versions of existing technologies.

Even if Fusion represented some threat to Tesla energy by say 2050, there is a lot of opportunity for Tesla energy to make money between now and 2050 and every chance Tesla will be further diversified by 2050.

For solar it would be great to take energy from more of the spectrum, and have some ability to generate electricity on cloudy days. That isn't science fiction, the proprieties of the light spectrum are well known, currently we only tap a small portion of it. Would this improved solar arrive before Fusion? IMO Yes.

General steam game support coming...he didn't say when, but still a big deal as it opens the door very wide for 3rd party games and apps (eventually). Steam is a big game distribution platform which makes money from developers using their APIs. I'd imagine Tesla getting a new revenue stream from this.

A lawyer friend of mine with expertise in areas related to Elon’s latest court filings was able to weigh in on the allegations of a leak by the SEC. He thinks the whole thing is quite interesting and that the ranges of potential outcomes are wide. I’ll list the possible outcomes for the whole ordeal, not in a particularly logical order.

• If the evidence sent to the IG is weak, this might blow up in Elon’s face a bit.
  • The evidence will likely be viewed with strong skepticism by the IG. It’s being brought in an adversarial manner. Usually (I think) the IG is contacted by employees.
  • Musk and his attorney probably would not have contacted the IG if they didn’t have good evidence, but we can’t be sure.
  • Judge Nathan may be able to promote the IG investigation in a legal way I didn’t understand — but, again, it all falls on the quality of the evidence.
  • The “leak” and the source and impact of the “leak” could stir a reaction that ranges from “yeah the SEC did something wrong but it’s not THAT big of a deal” to “okay we need a few fundamental changes in SEC communications oversight.”
  • This could be the first domino to fall in a much bigger conspiracy.
I have no idea how to weight any of these possibilities, but I’ll stress again that it seems unlikely (from what I was told) that Spiro would send this stuff out without thinking it made sense, legally.

If any other lawyers here can weigh in, that would be helpful.