Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I'm still not scared because of this forum and all we know, real-time (huge grateful). The acceleration of Tesla can and likely will outpace any macro dump in time. Could you imagine having your retirement in some bank managed 401K? That would scare me even more, as that fear is of the unknown.

This isn't the hard part for me HODLing because it's like the popcorn phase now. No, I'm afraid I will sell on the way up which was what happened the first time to some degree and was holding way too much in cash waiting for the next dip. So maybe cap that to pad whatever comes along. I sense many here would tend to only sell what they need and keep the rest for life. I've never considered that until now.
The combination of what Tesla is doing, and the fact that I follow it so closely gives me a lot more confidence than I'd have otherwise.

I'm in the same boat. I've tried to sell rips with my trading money lately to blunt some of the losses. Playing with fire now I think.

Car manufacturers routinely make non vin cars when starting a new factory/ line or a major change in the product. These go to the crusher.
Test engineering mules, yes. Not PPAPd vehicles. I did this for Model X with my AP parts. Once the vehicle contains all PPAPd parts it is done and sellable (from an engineering perspective). This was, however, in Fremont, not sure about Germany.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Darn, missed it by 5 pts (stupid numerology). Prime example how you can miss out (assuming it goes back to that steady climb from yesterday or at least Max Pain). I'm running with the latest "Agressive Buy" 1,500 price target. Maybe it will take a little while so that everyone gets to fill up on gas at the newer prices, but this stonk always comes back. Plus, this was another tailwind just like the cold winter power outages in Texas was to Energy. People are gonna catch on soon; for some, the truth hurts.

Bullish. I'm a little surprised that the LA Times actually printed positive words about Tesla. 3-4k higher costs just due to distribution. That's why Tesla's margins dominate.
1645806535364.png

Bullish. I'm a little surprised that the LA Times actually printed positive words about Tesla. 3-4k higher costs just due to distribution. That's why Tesla's margins dominate.
View attachment 773645
Ford and VW seem to actually get it. GM, Toyota and Stellantis, I'm not so sure. Ford has the potential to turn into a significant competitor once their battery and assembly plants come on line outside of Memphis. Granted, that won't be for a few years, and they have a lot of catching up to do in the technology department. In in that time-Tesla's lead, both in BEV tech and DFM-oriented production will be even wider.

3-4k higher costs just due to distribution.
That seems crazy high. Does this include more than just the cost to get the car to the dealership? Or maybe it was misunderstood somehow?

If true and I guess it would be if it came from Ford's CEO, then yeah, they are screwed.

That seems crazy high. Does this include more than just the cost to get the car to the dealership? Or maybe it was misunderstood somehow?

If true and I guess it would be if it came from Ford's CEO, then yeah, they are screwed.
I assume it's not just the shipping, but paying people to manage the process, interacting with dealers, contracts etc. as well.