Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

28k local China sales for Feb.

Just for ref, Nov local sales were 29k. So pretty close. The real question is exports because remember, there a week of downtime for Chinese New Year and then Feb is shorter than Nov by 3 days. If Feb somehow matches Nov's total number, I would be super impressed. It's possible because we know about 8k vehicles were sitting at port and were not counted in Jan numbers

Last edited:
Some news on Russia moving into Kyiv early this AM, and same story posted again now - seems timed with the selling. So first it was news, then it was a tool.

Dow falls nearly 600 points as Russia says it will begin attacks on Kyiv

(Edit: Added the releases below)
1646153261776.png

Reactions: Doit

Welp TSLA held up well while it could but macro's seem to be too much of a headwind and it seems like MM's have stepped in to start the walkdown. What was a big outperformance of the macro's has slowly drifted being 1 to 1 with the macro's.

Still a strong day so I'm not complaining.........ok I'm complaining a small bit
I'm interested in closing above $900 Friday. Anything from here to 899 is perfectly fine for MM's. If Europe doesn't get far worse between now and then, it'll be interesting to see if they can hold 900.

I'm interested in closing above $900 Friday. Anything from here to 899 is perfectly fine for MM's. If Europe doesn't get far worse between now and then, it'll be interesting to see if they can hold 900.
Right now TSLA still holding strength. Though I wonder if the macro's continue to stink for the rest of the week or stay at this level, I think that would be enough incentive to hold to 850 for Friday.........though actually look at the max pain chart, seems the number of puts has grown in relation to the number of calls at 850. So maybe they won't care either way

Reactions: Marc_K_inNJ
As a side note, and highly relevant to the original Master Plan.....peak global oil demand is now almost certainly locked in at 2019.

With WTI crossing $106, we've effectively capped 2022 demand below the pre-covid peak. 2023 maaaaaybe squeaks to a new record, but I doubt it.

With each passing month, more and more electricity-related demand goes away forever. And we all know EVs are starting to have a small impact. Obama era mpg regulations continue to ratchet up fleet efficiency, and that should do the trick.

I posted this in the Climate Change thread, but I think this needs a wider audience. Related to Tesla as Carbon is in our batteries and Tesla eventually wants to do away with it. Looks like this will be a good doc to pass on.

With Carbon in the news every day, you might think you know everything about her. But you'd be wrong. This spectacular and surprisingly unorthodox documentary reveals the paradoxical story of the element that builds all life, and yet may end it all. Narrated in first person Sarah Snook (Succession), Carbon tells of her birth in the violent core of an exploding star and of turbulent sagas through the fabric of our evolving Earth. Accompanied by celebrated scientists, unique animations and a stunning orchestral score, Carbon reminds us of our humble participation in the most extraordinary story in the universe.

Green energy/solar strong again and holding up quite well, minus the currently unprofitable EV players.

Hard to believe Putin’s actions might actually push the world towards sustainable energy but that appears to be what the market is thinking.

Also, who else can do this? Love this speed of deployment…

Last edited:
Continuing to see some strange stuff in my LEAPS btw......in a good way. Not nearly as much volume on some of these like yesterday but take my March 2023 $1300 LEAP.....up 7% today even though the stock is down. March 2023 $1700 LEAP up 15%.
@StarFoxisDown! Implied Volatility is the reason. If the share price stays the exact same, but the IV goes higher, so does the LEAP price. The lower it goes, the lower.

• Informative
Reactions: Skipdd
Green energy/solar strong again and holding up quite well, minus the currently unprofitable EV players.

Hard to believe Putin’s actions might actually push the world towards sustainable energy but that appears to be what the market is thinking.

Also, who else can do this? Love this speed of deployment…
180 days for property acquisition.
90 days permitting.
30 days waiting for power company.
8 days to actually do the thing.

Bureaucracy at it’s finest.

(All estimates save the last…)