Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Some more info regarding giga Berlin in this thread. Few weeks of checks before production which lines up with the plan to hold a giga Berlin event toward the end of the month. Coupled with giga Austin looking like it will open this month I think this bodes well for tsla in the short term

Don’t worry, I’ve seen a lot of James Bond films - it never works out for the Russians.
I've translated and plagiarized your post. To every listener they've thought it very funny. They all want to know the source. Hence, ZeApelido, you have become a folk hero to my local Rio de Janeiro compatriots, most fo whom have antecedents from the Eastern Poland/Wesern Ukraine/Southern Belarus area. They never quite know their national heritage, since it depends on their/their antecedents time of emigration. Since they all share one common surname, it is safe to say they're ethnically prototypically Brazilian.

The joke works even for people who haven't any idea at all. Further comp[arative comments could veer to the inappropriate.
FWIW, Elon Musk has become a folk hero for the resistance. Now he needs to send supplies of highly efficient solar panels, some wind turbines and a goodly supply of battery storage, Powerwalls or so.

I have this fantasy wherein Ukraine kicks Putin's butt, builds a Tesla Gigafactory, and cranks out EVs and batteries at a pace fast enough to never be harassed again by Russia. I see in the people and their leader and ability to work like hell to defend and rebuild their country. They can definitely move at Musk speed to get things done.

I'm sure y'all can poke holes at this, but it's my fantasy. I'd like to see a Giga Ukraine producing cars by mid-2023.
Yesterday in an extended family gathering people began discussing just that. Seriously, the industrial talent and engineering excellence is unequalled in Estonia. There is very sound logic in using Estonia for numerous hardware and software projects, if a little less so for a Gigafactory. Remember Estonia is the world's absolute leader is STEM education.

As Tesla grows exponitially they need huge numbers of engineers. There is no better place for them. Poland and Ukraine have very long and deep industrial expertise, so once Russia is back within it's borders, Ukraine will be very much able to deliver large-scale production.

In the middle of the war it may seem improbable. Russian reparations, EU and rest of world help will bear rapid positive results.

We all know the 'glass is less than half full' now. The outcome could still become catastrophic. We still should plan for success.

Ford has a new baby, so it decided to crown it the king, and send the old baby to exile :)

But new baby is going to depend on old baby for manufacturing;) Old baby knows it’s days are numbered. morale booster definitely not
Sounds a lot like it is just posturing for PR reasons, not a real change. He says manufacturing stays under Ford Blue even for EVs, while software is under Model E for both EV and ICE models.

If the "ICE business" will produce the EV hardware and the "EV business" produces the software for the ICE car, then how is that separation of ICE business from EV ? It seems more like a software-hardware separation, not an ICE-EV separation.

Sounds a lot like it is just posturing for PR reasons, not a real change. He says manufacturing stays under Ford Blue even for EVs, while software is under Model E for both EV and ICE models.

If the "ICE business" will produce the EV hardware and the "EV business" produces the software for the ICE car, then how is that separation of ICE business from EV ? It seems more like a software-hardware separation, not an ICE-EV separation.
This really just sounds like a ploy so that they can throw out random quote-bait like 'The EV business grew 2000% and is operating on margins of 115% YoY!'

Tesla Q3 2012
Production: 350 cars
net loss:110 million
Market cap: 3.5B

Lucid Q4 2021
Production: ~250???
net loss: 1.045 billion
Market cap: 47 B

I don’t think anyone is pissed (I’m certainly not). So far as I can tell these are observations useful in identifying valuations.
They are worth more because their loss is larger. /s

Last edited:
Ford move does not surprise me. I have long thought that they would only exist as a heavy duty diesel exhaust spewing company, much smaller than current market cap. Advertising months ago with lots of first responder types helped confirm this, they featured the trucks and tugged at "American" heart strings. We are a long way into electrification already and Ford has to execute near perfection with massive losses for many years to be a player.

Ran into a Ford Mocky guy trying to charge. The chargers had this bright gawd awful green neon. I chatted him up to ask about the car, told him I had a tesla at home. He told me the tech was nothing like a tesla but he liked his car. He then again tried to connect the charge cable, failing to capture a charge. When I came out of the store he had moved his car to a different charge cord.

Someone graphically talented should have come up with a meme, or whatever. A big wedge of a red Tesla logo driving thru a split blue oval. perhaps something about Ford Tough pieces beneath the cleaving. I bet a few T shirts could be sold.

I've translated and plagiarized your post. To every listener they've thought it very funny. They all want to know the source. Hence, ZeApelido, you have become a folk hero to my local Rio de Janeiro compatriots, most fo whom have antecedents from the Eastern Poland/Wesern Ukraine/Southern Belarus area. They never quite know their national heritage, since it depends on their/their antecedents time of emigration. Since they all share one common surname, it is safe to say they're ethnically prototypically Brazilian.

The joke works even for people who haven't any idea at all. Further comp[arative comments could veer to the inappropriate.
FWIW, Elon Musk has become a folk hero for the resistance. Now he needs to send supplies of highly efficient solar panels, some wind turbines and a goodly supply of battery storage, Powerwalls or so.

Since my username loosely translates as "Joe Nickname" in Brazilian portuguese, I approve.

Keeping consistent with my previous experiences in Brazil, they must now all invite me to their family events and call me cousin.

Tesla doing nicely in UK, EVs gaining a lot of traction lately

1646316414192.png