Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Delay between TMC report and Reuters news alert approx. 5 minutes. Great work, everyone!

In this case, I think this news was expected after press conference was announced, but we are still getting a nice bump and outperforming NASDAQ.

Last edited:
Alex Vogel just spoke of water, but I don't understand german well enough to know what exactly he said. 😁

update - Alex Voigt translated it for us: Minister Vogel confirms that the water supply legal case between WSE and them is totally independent of the water supply of Giga Berlin New water supply for the region is already been investigated and planned he stated

Last edited:

Last paragraph from rbb article​

Factory construction in record time​

In November 2019, Tesla boss Elon Musk announced plans to settle in Berlin. Just a few weeks later, the first pines fell in Grünheide. Nothing had been approved yet, but the State Environment Agency gave Tesla a total of 20 pre-approvals. With them, Tesla built at a pace that was previously unknown in Germany, and within two years it built production halls with a floor area measuring more than 20 football pitches.

Translated to English it reads:

Brandenburg State Environment Agency approves Tesla factory​

In the UK, a couple of days ago Google fed me and advert from Ford, trying to sell me used Ford MachE from their massed ranks of early-returned vehicles. Given the length of time the MachE has been on sale in the UK it would seem a little early for them to be selling dealer-approved used, unless buyer-regret is kicking in hard and early.

This is much the same trajectory as the Jaguar i-Pace where sales are now down 67% yoy. Both the JLR i-Pace and the Ford MachE seem to be reasonably first goes at a BEV by legacy dino-juice firms, provided they had been brought to market 4-5 years ago and accompanied by a viable charger network (widely available, easily used, reliable, dependable), and sold by people who know & understand them. However here in 2022 both vehicles are underspecced vs the Tesla 3/Y, underranged vs the 3/Y, over priced, sold by legacy ICE-dealers who don't get-it and don't want to get-it, and the charger network for the average non-Tesla user is pants.

My mate got his Model Y yesterday. Goodbye to his ID4.

Also watching the Brandenburg conference with my limited knowledge of the German language.

I can make out many thank you's. How hard the task was. Etcetera.

TLDR: lot's of political gesturing, little raw info unknown to us Tesla nerds. Unfortunately my German is too limited to find the golden nuggets. Let's hope someone is crazy enough to make a transcript and translate the lot :p

Also watching the Brandenburg conference with my limited knowledge of the German language.

I can make out many thank you's. How hard the task was. Etcetera.

TLDR: lot's of political gesturing, little raw info unknown to us Tesla nerds. Unfortunately my German is too limited to find the golden nuggets. Let's hope someone is crazy enough to make a transcript and translate the lot :p
Your limited knowledge of the language is sufficient. Not much content except from some minor tidbits.

This just arrived in my email: FPL Boosts Move to EVs

Excerpts:

Our fast charging network is delivering clean, reliable energy everywhere it’s needed. By building an 800+ mile stretch of fast charging stations, drivers will be able to plug in approximately every 25 miles along Florida's busiest highways.

Coming summer 2022, enjoy worry-free, faster charging at home with a level 2 EV charger. There's no upfront costs for equipment or installation, and unlimited night and weekend off-peak charging will keep your EV fully charged and ready to go.
I’m on FPL’s all solar plan. Power comer from their latest solar field They are getting ready to build an enormous battery to replace peaker plants. FPL seems to be all in on solar.

Lots of praise for Tesla and recognition that Tesla has put Brandenburg on the map, and brining lots of activity, jobs, and prosperity to the region.

Also a brief reference to the Ukraine crisis but didn’t get the point.
Now Q&A, question about what Tesla still has to do before production. Answer: install sensors for measuring air quality and reporting the data. Tesla has two weeks for that.

Two weeks is Tesla’s plan, not some imposed deadline from government

I’m on FPL’s all solar plan. Power comer from their latest solar field They are getting ready to build an enormous battery to replace peaker plants. FPL seems to be all in on solar.

Except that they HARD CORE lobby against rooftop solar. They want to control things, they don't want to give their customers the right to produce their own power.